KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Would you like a Cingulate brain herniation with your fries??

Would you like a Cingulate brain herniation with your fries??
Started by: theICONiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theICONiac

Would you like a Cingulate brain herniation with your fries??

Interesting story here about a McDonalds employee who snaps while defending himself from a couple of irate customers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8y2DMdNpAY

As anyone knows who has worked in customer service, customers can be dicks. I spent a couple of years in retail management, and the abuse that you are required to take made me feel like our hapless burger-jockey in the video a number of times.

The women physically attacked first. Was the cashier justified in any shape or form for what he did?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 07:16 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

/reads opening post

/opens link

/reads "two black women" in title

/closes link

/that tells me all I need to know

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 07:17 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
/reads opening post

/opens link

/reads "two black women" in title

/closes link

/that tells me all I need to know

Better than reading 'Two women savagely beaten by black McDonalds employee with long criminal history' no? eek!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 07:24 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I work with Customers at my job and some days are better then some other days. But its life.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 07:27 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

If he'd broken her jaw, fine, they were assholes and they attacked him but he beat one of them with a pipe while she was lying on the ground. That's impossible to justify.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 07:27 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Yea people are crazy these days.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 07:38 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

herniation of the cingulate would be pretty difficult....

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 07:52 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Polish

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If he'd broken her jaw, fine, they were assholes and they attacked him but he beat one of them with a pipe while she was lying on the ground. That's impossible to justify.

I agree with the above statement.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 05:41 PM
Polish is currently offline Click here to Send Polish a Private Message Find more posts by Polish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

The news report is misleading, he didn't attack them so much as fight back.

That being said, I agree with Sym, there's no way you can justify that level of violence over something like this.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 06:03 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

No, it's not. It's called "making an example."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 08:39 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

One of these days you'll leave puberty and then Happy Dance

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 08:45 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

Lol. Only example made here is an example of how American prisons are failures at their expressed purpose of rehabilitation.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 10:04 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good on him...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 02:40 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Meh...I sit on the fence with this one.

One point to consider is the women's actions. Slapping the cashier is one thing; but diving over the counter to further attack him? Perhaps the cashier was scared they were armed, and could do real harm?

The women were certainly over-the-top aggressive, as was the cashiers actions.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 11:45 AM
you get thorns
village idiot

Women presented threat to employee's safety, threat neutralized.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 02:29 PM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by theICONiac
Meh...I sit on the fence with this one.

One point to consider is the women's actions. Slapping the cashier is one thing; but diving over the counter to further attack him? Perhaps the cashier was scared they were armed, and could do real harm?

The women were certainly over-the-top aggressive, as was the cashiers actions.

You might have something of a point (a small and shaky one) but for the fact that the guy kept beating them after they were down and clearly no more of a threat to him.

Any attempt to paint this as self-defense on the part of the employee is fallacious. Conversely any attempt to paint the women as victims of unprovoked violence is similarly fallacious.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 06:12 PM
theICONiac

Originally posted by Omega Vision
You might have something of a point (a small and shaky one) but for the fact that the guy kept beating them after they were down and clearly no more of a threat to him.

Any attempt to paint this as self-defense on the part of the employee is fallacious. Conversely any attempt to paint the women as victims of unprovoked violence is similarly fallacious.

But you know what? I can't help but feel sorry for this guy. This is something not so 'black and white' (no pun intended there Blaxican smile )

Only going but what I know (and there could be lots to sway my opinion the other way) but it appears he:

- is a former con who paid his debt to society
- was working in a dead F job trying to support himself
- was attacked by 2 pieces of trash and as a result snapped, severly hurting one of them

He is now probably (based on his prior record) going to go back to prison...maybe for a considerable time. Maybe he really was trying to straighten his life out...and those 2 cows have taken it away from him.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 07:42 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Lol. Only example made here is an example of how blacks are failures at being a part of civilized society.

Fixed that for you.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2011 07:50 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

And the long awaited update!

The charges against the McDonalds employee were all dismissed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tack-women.html

Was justice served??

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 12:32 AM
tsilamini

I feel if they had gone for lighter charges, rather than assault with a weapon, they might have had a better case. It is clearly self defense, and I'd generally give some leeway to the person defending themselves in the head of the moment. Does something like "excessive defense" exist on the books as a softer form of assault? or is this one of those cases where it is either all or nothing?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 12:48 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote