KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Egytian Elections Begin

Egytian Elections Begin
Started by: Symmetric Chaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Egytian Elections Begin

. . . and they're looking very hostile.

From the coverage I get here it sounds like the only serious contenders are those backed by the military and those backed by the Muslim Brotherhood. Both groups are already preparing to accuse the other of fraud if they win.

Apparently this isn't going to be settled until mid-June unless one candidate completely destroys the others at the polls today and tomorrow. The president won't have any power for a long time because parliament can't come to an agreement on what authority the president should have.

Thoughts? Prophecies of doom?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Last edited by Symmetric Chaos on May 23rd, 2012 at 07:18 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 07:12 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I wish then the best of luck.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 07:18 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

We should intervene and show them how real democracy works.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 10:50 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
We should intervene and show them how real democracy works.

We've already done that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 10:55 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Not in the past 6 months we haven't.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 10:57 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I like Khaled Ali in the elections and I'm inbetween with Sabahi. Fotouh will turn Egypt into even bigger disaster than it already is...probably.
Mursi is a psychopath and hope he gets no votes.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 11:03 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They need to go back to having a Pharaoh ruling them, Democracy doesn't work there.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 11:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blesson

Re: Egytian Elections Begin

best of luck

Old Post May 24th, 2012 12:41 PM
blesson is currently offline Click here to Send blesson a Private Message Find more posts by blesson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

So the count is in.

Morsi (Muslim Brotherhood) 25.3%
Shafiq (military candidate, former Prime Minister) 24.9%
Sabahi (secular left wing, third party) 21.5%

At the moment Sabahi is out of the running for the June finals because he came in third but he's accusing the others of fraud in the election.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 26th, 2012 08:30 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

(please log in to view the image)

Morsi will win. Egypt is dead, so hello Iran number 2.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 27th, 2012 01:43 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBigManRevo
hate Tarnssexuals

Well I hope that Ahmed Shafik Wins Because I hate Islamists

Old Post May 27th, 2012 10:58 AM
TheBigManRevo is currently offline Click here to Send TheBigManRevo a Private Message Find more posts by TheBigManRevo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
(please log in to view the image)

Morsi will win. Egypt is dead, so hello Iran number 2.

The Egyptian Election is a Cynic's dream come true.

"What if Shafik wins?"
"Well then it's Mubarak v2.0--that's if the military even cedes any power at all, if not then you have a junta"

"What if Morsi wins?"
"Well then you have a theocracy--that's if the military even cedes any power at all, if not then you have a nominal theocracy that's really a secular junta"

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 04:28 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBigManRevo
hate Tarnssexuals

Shafik isn't Mubarak V2.0

Old Post May 27th, 2012 08:05 PM
TheBigManRevo is currently offline Click here to Send TheBigManRevo a Private Message Find more posts by TheBigManRevo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by TheBigManRevo
Shafik isn't Mubarak V2.0

Not necessarily, but I was representing the cynic's viewpoint...which is just a little more extreme than mine.

I like to hope something good will come of this.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 08:22 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBigManRevo
hate Tarnssexuals

come of what exactly and What Problem do you have with Shafiq Because you said "which is just a little more extreme than mine" so you believe that he isn't the one may I know why??

Old Post May 27th, 2012 08:34 PM
Omega Vision

come of what exactly

The election...and the revolution...what else?
quote:

and What Problem do you have with Shafiq Because you said "which is just a little more extreme than mine" so you believe that he isn't the one may I know why??

I don't have a problem with him, except for the fact that he was close enough to Mubarak to be appointed Prime Minister during a crisis.

As for my position being close to the cynic's, that's more a matter of my concern that the Military Council will retain ultimate authority after the election. And these generals came to their positions under Mubarak. Tantawi--I believe--was one of Mubarak's ministers. The more removed from the old guard a potential president is the more resistance there will be to a backslide to the old order.

Last edited by Omega Vision on May 27th, 2012 at 08:46 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2012 08:42 PM
TheBigManRevo
hate Tarnssexuals

yepp I know but tantawi is a good guy

secondly what you don't know mubarak wasn't rolling Egypt his wife and elder son was
and Shafiq was close to him as a human not as a president so He has nothing against him

Mubarak himself isn't a bad but he cheated by his wife and his son

and he was the Prime Minister at the time people wanted and they welcomed that in the first place but then refused it

Old Post May 27th, 2012 08:51 PM
Omega Vision

Mubarak himself isn't a bad but he cheated by his wife and his son

What evidence is there for this?

Old Post May 27th, 2012 09:14 PM
TheBigManRevo
hate Tarnssexuals

Because he wasn't one ruling egypt it was his wife and his son

I know this is wrong but he isn't that bad in himself

Old Post May 27th, 2012 09:18 PM
Omega Vision

Because he wasn't one ruling egypt it was his wife and his son

I know this is wrong but he isn't that bad in himself

I asked for evidence. You just repeated your original assertion without additional support.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 09:19 PM