KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Australian Billionaire Wants to Clone Dinosaur

Australian Billionaire Wants to Clone Dinosaur
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Australian Billionaire Wants to Clone Dinosaur

Now Being Served at the Snack Bar: You! Australian Billionaire Wants to Clone Dinosaur for Real-Life Jurassic Park!

Local Aussie billionaire Clive Palmer is in "deep discussion" with the scientists who cloned Dolly the Sheep about producing a real, live dinosaur that he could house at an ambitious resort he's developing in Coolum, in the state of Queensland.

http://movieline.com/2012/08/01/aus...-jurassic-park/

I say do it. What do you guys think?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 01:14 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Really cool but seems like it would be a lot more work than its worth. I suspect he'll burn a few tens of millions on it then give up.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 01:18 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

He can clone anything just as long as it isn't a T-Rex or a pack of raptors. It would be a disaster.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 01:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Yep, cause Australia doesn't already enough deadly creatures roaming around.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 01:50 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
He can clone anything just as long as it isn't a T-Rex or a pack of raptors. It would be a disaster.

You're watcin' to many movies. Surely there'd be especially very strict security measures. Do large aquatic and/or large zoo animals breach security and create disasters most of the time? The answer's no.

If a common zoo can easily house some of the most largest and vicious of predators then dinosours at a customized facility will not be a problem. There're always high powered guns, as well.

It can be done.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 02:40 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

The animals might not breach their enclosures but far too many stupid humans make their way inside. It's not going to work out well.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 04:17 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Weren't some of the dinos bigger than anything we currently have on land? As long as he doesn't get carried away with it, why not?

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 04:22 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Surely there'd be especially very strict security measures.

Just like Jurassic Park had?

There're always high powered guns, as well.

So did . . . . . . . . . Jurassic Park.

It can be done.

Can it? The cloning I mean. (and not in a philosophical sense where "we can do anything")

We'd need very specific dinosaur DNA and a way to make sure the cell cluster and fetus are able to grow. Even at that cloning has a significant failure rate.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 05:04 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Jurassic Park didn't have strict security. That was "the big joke" within the movie. Hammond kept going on and on about how he "spared no expense" whilst building the park, but the reality was that the security wad shoddy as hell- the tour vans they were riding in didn't even have locks on the doors.
Mankind's hubris being its own worst enemy was one of the principal themes of the movies. If the cages had been made up of six inch thick steel bars, the disasters within the park wouldn't have happened, but Hammond and his team were so busy patting themselves on the back for creating high-tech electric fences and sophisticated DNA populayipn contrpl measures, they had no idea hpw vulnerable they were making the parking.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 05:33 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Has he actually watched Jurassic Park? Things didn't exactly turn out alright for the rich billionaire in it as far as I remember.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 05:41 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The rich billionaire was actially fine in the movie iirc.

He did die horribly in the book thougj.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 05:50 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd rather see him spend hundreds of millions making crazy hybrid animals, like a horse-tiger or wolf-bear.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 07:09 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Raping a velociraptor just doesn't appeal to you, huh?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 08:00 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
A rapping velociraptor just doesn't appeal to you, huh?
Fixed.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 10:24 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Fixed.

It's funny cause he's black, right?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 12:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by dadudemon
It's funny cause he's black, right?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 12:21 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Now Being Served at the Snack Bar: You! Australian Billionaire Wants to Clone Dinosaur for Real-Life Jurassic Park!

Local Aussie billionaire Clive Palmer is in "deep discussion" with the scientists who cloned Dolly the Sheep about producing a real, live dinosaur that he could house at an ambitious resort he's developing in Coolum, in the state of Queensland.

http://movieline.com/2012/08/01/aus...-jurassic-park/

I say do it. What do you guys think?

Wait a second, are you saying that no one has ever attempted this yet? I mean could he have been the only one to think of this in a world filled with brilliant scientists? Something to think about huh?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 04:08 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

hes going to kill us all...I can just see it getting out of control.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 04:24 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Raping a velociraptor just doesn't appeal to you, huh?

Probably be similar to raping a large turkey. Now molesting a gorilla-alligator hybrid, that's something.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 04:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

A lot of scientific research isn't conducted due to the lack of funding. Unless someone presents a specific research model with reasonable costs then it won't happen.

But cloning isn't that well-developed from what I understand, we're not able to create artificial wombs for one. But who knows, maybe even if we don't get dinosaurs we might find out ways to improve cloning.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 09:30 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote