KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Age disparity and love

Age disparity and love
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Age disparity and love

Would it be okay if a man or woman that is 18 years old had a relationship or got married to a a man or woman twice their age if the elder woman or man was neither their teacher, friend of the younger persons family, or their parents? Why would this work, and why wouldn't it? Is love enough? Would this relationship be improper? What is the age of consent? My first thoughts were that it would be wrong, because the elder may be taking advantage of a developing mind. But I would like some insight from others before passing a hard judgment on this subject.

Comments.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 03:39 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It would be okay imo, it might work probably not much worse or better than other relationships, age of consent depends on jurisdiction you are in.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 03:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Of course Bardock says it's okay.

My Dad was 30 and had three kids and a wife already when he met my Mom, who was 19. Not double the age, but a similar disparity, at least on circumstances.

They got divorced 6 years later. no expression

I guess it depends entirely on the two people involved.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 04:09 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Age disparity and love

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Would it be okay if a man or woman that is 18 years old had a relationship or got married to a a man or woman twice their age if the elder woman or man was neither their teacher, friend of the younger persons family, or their parents? Why would this work, and why wouldn't it? Is love enough? Would this relationship be improper? What is the age of consent? My first thoughts were that it would be wrong, because the elder may be taking advantage of a developing mind. But I would like some insight from others before passing a hard judgment on this subject.

Comments.

Answer: No

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 04:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Age disparity and love

Originally posted by Stoic

Comments.
No. None of that is wrong.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 04:16 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

If something makes someone happy then who are we to interrupt/care. Laws in various US states & countries around the word may beg to differ though.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 09:54 PM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Major_Lexington
If something makes someone happy then who are we to interrupt/care.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 01:48 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Major_Lexington
If something makes someone happy then who are we to interrupt/care. Laws in various US states & countries around the word may beg to differ though.

Murder is a great stress reliever or it would be if it were for those fascists!

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2013 02:44 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Murder is a great stress reliever or it would be if it were for those fascists!

Your tellin me man! Laws getting in the way?

Last edited by Lexington on Aug 5th, 2013 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 01:36 AM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm 34 and get abuse all the time for seeing a 19 year old. Just last weekend I got called a paedo and spat on while we were having a meal. The night to celebrate our 10th anniversary was totally ruined.

Hoho. terrible jokes are the best. I crack myself up sometimes.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 10:40 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The best women are like the best scotch. Twelve years old and full of coke.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 05:12 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like my women like I like my coffee. Ground up and kept in the freezer.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 09:01 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

Coffee & Scotch, good angles!!

I like my women like I take a dump....... dark satisfying and 3-4 times a day.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 11:42 PM
rudester
Tommy

The fact is some people do care and can make it their problem esp if u show affection in public tats why its best to be discreet. Remembering its no ones business but ur own and u have a right to mold ur life how u choose fit. I myself being gay and out have touched on the subject and researched to see if i was normal. I am. In history sex and sexuality has been more open in the past centries then it has now in present times and u ask urself why is tat? Why has tollerance for sex change? Why is sexuality less appropriate and display of affection so fearsome. In the middle east men hold arms and its not seen as gay. In some cultures old men are betrothed to little girls, sure tats wrong but in their society its normal. The truth is western society cant tollerate much for as much as we progress its like we set limits to wat are eyes can see.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 01:15 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

What would an 18 year old and a 36 year old have in common...besides sex?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 04:57 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

teens and old people both like movies........

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 02:12 AM
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by KharmaDog
What would an 18 year old and a 36 year old have in common...besides sex?
clearly u have never gone dating w someone older, there are 36 year olds tat still live at home and act like 4 year olds. Age is a state of mind, tat being said there are 18 year olds tat act mature and are mature for their age. It all comes down to the need to be loved.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 02:39 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by rudester
clearly u have never gone dating w someone older, there are 36 year olds tat still live at home and act like 4 year olds. Age is a state of mind, tat being said there are 18 year olds tat act mature and are mature for their age. It all comes down to the need to be loved.

Well said, but did the H key on your PC break off?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2013 12:29 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Stoic you don't need our approval if you want to date your 59 y.o kindergarten teacher

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2013 12:59 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Stoic you don't need our approval if you want to date your 59 y.o kindergarten teacher

Actually not that it's really any ones business, but this is about my little sister, and her much older boyfriend. I'm a bit protective over her, and I just didn't know how to act with the guy.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2013 02:14 AM