KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is KMC mainly a movie forum or a Comics forum

Is KMC mainly a movie forum or a Comics forum
Started by: Paul Calf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Paul Calf
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is KMC mainly a movie forum or a Comics forum

Has it now been taken over by comic books in the same way Hollywood has?

Does this prove comics are the highest form of human art? More so than Music even?

With such great creators, Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, Rob Liefield and Todd McFarlane wasn't the rise of comics inevitable?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 07:30 AM
Paul Calf is currently offline Click here to Send Paul Calf a Private Message Find more posts by Paul Calf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think it's mainly about 19th century novels

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 07:56 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Well, I have to say the guys in the Comic VS forum are quite knowledgeable about their hobby.

I joined this forum initially because of that forum.
But now it has turned into a sh*tfest of trolls, and newf**s who know next to nothing about comics and posting sh*t.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 08:37 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paul Calf
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think it's mainly about 19th century novels

I prefer the poetry of visionaries like William - I mean Donald Blake.
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Well, I have to say the guys in the Comic VS forum are quite knowledgeable about their hobby.

I joined this forum initially because of that forum.
But now it has turned into a sh*tfest of trolls, and newf**s who know next to nothing about comics and posting sh*t.

I see you have been a member for a long time, since 2008 in fact. Were there no trolls at KMC on the comics forum before that?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 09:31 AM
Paul Calf is currently offline Click here to Send Paul Calf a Private Message Find more posts by Paul Calf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Is KMC mainly a movie forum or a Comics forum

Originally posted by Paul Calf
[B]Has it now been taken over by comic books in the same way Hollywood has?

yes and also has IMO destroyed the collective i.q. of hollywood writers and directors, as well as audience...and possibly this forum as well.

Originally posted by Paul Calf
[B]Does this prove comics are the highest form of human art? More so than Music even?

perhaps. or it could mean that the current hollywood trend of 'reboot every previously successful film, adapt all comic books, take no risks' has led to a severe dropoff of 'killer movies'.

and we all know that alan moore is just tickled and giddy every time one of his stories gets adapted to film. wink

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 02:18 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I think comic books are becoming more popular as Sci Fi gets more popular, as comic books are pretty much the extreme end of the sci fi genre. That being stated, I've only read about 5 comics in my lifetime and I mainly come to this website to talk about films.

That being stated, there's people who don't come for either. I don't think I've ever seen Oliver North on any forums besides the General Discussion forum. Others as well.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 02:56 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
[...]comic books are pretty much the extreme end of the sci fi genre.

wut

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 03:10 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

inimalist is into comics

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 03:40 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote