KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Problems with KaZaA!!!

Problems with KaZaA!!!
Started by: Bad Boy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bad Boy
Kevski

Problems with KaZaA!!!

I gotta problem with KaZaA! I have three Powell & Kevski (my musical comedy duo) songs on there, but whenever someone searches for it, nothing comes up!

I'm also not the only person to have them in their shared folder!

Am I doing anything wrong? HELP!!!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 09:51 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

watch out with kazaa dude, they are cracking down on downloaders. supposedly they will track you down, fine you, jail time, eat your children, and pee on you. all in the name of artists getting more money.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 09:53 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

Although there are some millions online users u can see only a small amount of them(don't know why).And if they wanna dwn from u they should search you as a user.Otherwise I'm not so sure they will be able to dwn from you.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 09:56 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Kazaa is a peer-to-peer program. It does not have a centralized system.

When you search for something, your computer contacts a "neighbour" (a peer) and that contacts another which contacts another etc.

Sometimes, if the item is not popular, the link used to search may not catch your song. Its kind of like pot luck.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 10:10 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

bah!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 10:26 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Do you have a link to it? I wouldn't mind hearing it.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 10:31 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I wouldn't mind hearing it either.

I don't use KaZaA anyway. If I'm getting anything I'm getting LiveWire (or whatever it's called).

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 10:55 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah, post a link, I'd love to hear your workraver

Old Post May 1st, 2003 12:07 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

bwah..i only use kazaa for dloading mp3s....and the transfer rate!....it's...it's.......a whole 1.5kbs!! mad

Old Post May 1st, 2003 05:59 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

never use Kazaa

Old Post May 1st, 2003 08:33 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

at my junky pc..it's worth the risk

Old Post May 1st, 2003 12:03 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

kaza is more or less finished, they are loosing out in the courts as we speak here

Old Post May 1st, 2003 12:06 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..i'd better hurry then.

Old Post May 1st, 2003 12:08 PM
Member.

Happy Dance kazaa

Old Post May 1st, 2003 01:20 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Actually they just won a court case in the US against the record companies - it is quite frankly a huge victory for them and will allow them to operate for the forseeable future.

Old Post May 1st, 2003 01:41 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Yup, and when they are shut down another one will just open up in its place.

Old Post May 1st, 2003 01:53 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

And if it DID close, where would poor Texie get his bYUK songs from wink

Old Post May 1st, 2003 01:57 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Outrageous!!!

I support that fab Ms. B by buying all her records/DVDs/singles etc..... I only use Kazaa to DL live concert/TV performances etc......

You'd be suprised Mr. Raz that Björk has a hard core tech nerd following. There are dozens of FTP sites that have tons of songs and videos. So even if they close all P2P file swapping programs, I will have no problem getting my Björk goodiesstick out tongue

Old Post May 1st, 2003 02:01 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

I'm pretty sure you meant bYUK - never heard of this Björk.

Old Post May 1st, 2003 02:04 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Yes, I think you should just stick with Liberty Xstick out tongue

Old Post May 1st, 2003 02:08 PM