KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The death of Eric Garner

The death of Eric Garner
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The death of Eric Garner

Idiot police.

He did not deserve this.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2014 01:55 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I agree. The police were definitely at fault (unlike the Brown case) in this particular incident. Can't believe he wasn't indicted for the choking death of that man.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2014 04:19 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The reason he was not is that is what was trained to the cops. Although I don't know why, anyways man slaughter charges should have at least been filed.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2014 04:21 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I just watched the videos this morning. Poor guy. He was a big dude and I wont lie if it were me I would have fallen backwards as soon as the cop put me in the choke hold. Probably would have been in trouble for "assault" then though. Anyways I feel bad for him. I also heard the guy who video taped it is being brought up on charges.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 01:42 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is me when dealing with the police:

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Dec 5th, 2014 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 02:45 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

This situation is utterly depressing

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 01:59 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

The guy had a severe case of asthma. It caused complications hence he died quite easily when he got locked in that chokehold.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 05:14 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I haven't said anything but I personally think the cop (former?) should be serving prison time for manslaughter.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 06:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

What about Akai Gurley who did nothing to anyone, and was gunned down for no reason whatsoever? The cop that shot him, decided to first call his union rep to find out what he should have done instead of calling an ambulance, to possibly save the mans life. This was a man that had children, and was a law abiding citizen. The Police have to get it together, because it doesn't take much for this type of behavior to backlash, and spiral out of control. Gurley was shot simply because he was black, and the cop was nervous because he was in a tough neighborhood. Not acceptable at all.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 10:11 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I heard that even if the officer wasn't indicted, the guy who filmed the incident was. Which seems pretty messed up.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 11:54 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I heard that even if the officer wasn't indicted, the guy who filmed the incident was. Which seems pretty messed up.

That was an inappropriate spin that some big news site put out there. The truth was he was indicted on an unrelated charge: illegal possession of a firearm, iirc.

He was definitely not indicted for filming someone (the officer/officers) without their consent. I actually thought the same thing as you did until someone busted that myth on reddit when the news article was posted.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/ny...-183500298.html

"On the same day one grand jury decided not to indict officer Daniel Pantaleo in the death of Eric Garner, an unarmed black man who was killed after being put in a chokehold last July, a different jury did indict 22-year-old Ramsey Orta, the man who captured Garner's death on camera.

Orta was charged with weapon possession after being arrested on Aug. 2, less than one month after taping Garner's confrontation with police. "

I think any news site that has a press license should get a massive fine for titles like in the yahoo article. "NYPD Officer Who Fatally Choked Eric Garner Wasn't Indicted, Man Who Filmed the Incident Was." That f*cking title leads any reader to believe that he was indicted for filming. Perhaps they should do user acceptance testing with their titles to determine what is responsible press practices and what is irresponsible or flat-out misleading?

Last edited by dadudemon on Dec 6th, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:10 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The guy had a severe case of asthma. It caused complications hence he died quite easily when he got locked in that chokehold.

That doesn't do away with the fact that said chokehold is illegal for an officer to use due to how dangerous it is

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:32 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I thought the coroners report said that Garner died from compressions of the neck and chest, not any complications from his asthma?

Originally posted by dadudemon
That was an inappropriate spin that some big news site put out there. The truth was he was indicted on an unrelated charge: illegal possession of a firearm, iirc.

He was definitely not indicted for filming someone (the officer/officers) without their consent. I actually thought the same thing as you did until someone busted that myth on reddit when the news article was posted.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/ny...-183500298.html

"On the same day one grand jury decided not to indict officer Daniel Pantaleo in the death of Eric Garner, an unarmed black man who was killed after being put in a chokehold last July, a different jury did indict 22-year-old Ramsey Orta, the man who captured Garner's death on camera.

Orta was charged with weapon possession after being arrested on Aug. 2, less than one month after taping Garner's confrontation with police. "

I think any news site that has a press license should get a massive fine for titles like in the yahoo article. "NYPD Officer Who Fatally Choked Eric Garner Wasn't Indicted, Man Who Filmed the Incident Was." That f*cking title leads any reader to believe that he was indicted for filming. Perhaps they should do user acceptance testing with their titles to determine what is responsible press practices and what is irresponsible or flat-out misleading?

The guy's alleging that he was brought up on trumped up charges as payback for the filming.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:34 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cops are claiming that since he was able to yell repeatedly "I can't breathe!" that it means he could breathe. That might be true but wasn't that chokehold the cop used illegal, regardless? I still can't believe that case at least didn't go to trial.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:54 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Stewart even didn't try to make this funny. Well spoken though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwkZzoGeOc

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:02 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quincy
This situation is utterly depressing

It is, also to note the reason for the arrest was because the man was selling illegal cigaretts singles on the street without a license, that type of force was not necessary, I don't care how it wants to be spun.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:04 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
It is, also to note the reason for the arrest was because the man was selling illegal cigaretts singles on the street without a license, that type of force was not necessary, I don't care how it wants to be spun.

Even if he was selling MJ, I don't think he should have gotten in trouble. This anti-drug culture in America's law enforcement needs to go.

Until you remove the financial incentive from police, they will continue to act like thugs with anyone dealing in drugs (including cigs, apparently).

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:09 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

It wasn't even MJ though, it was just singles. Its complete horeshit what they did.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:34 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Star428
Cops are claiming that since he was able to yell repeatedly "I can't breathe!" that it means he could breathe. That might be true but wasn't that chokehold the cop used illegal, regardless? I still can't believe that case at least didn't go to trial.

Its not true. I had really bad asthma as a kid and with a certain amount of compression it can flair up causing you to intake less and less oxygen. I had to go to the hospital for this very reason. They hooked me up to a machine because my oxygen had fallen below 10%

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:56 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Looks like Eric Garner was involved in organize crime.

“Garner was setting up shop in front of the local stores and shaking down business owners and patrons as they entered,"

http://gotnews.com/breaking-nypd-co...-staten-island/

Last edited by vansonbee on Dec 6th, 2014 at 03:48 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 03:34 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote