KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Marriage & Divorce in the 21st century.

Marriage & Divorce in the 21st century.
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marriage & Divorce in the 21st century.

(please log in to view the image)

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 11:06 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As one-sided and silly as it might seem, it really is the reality for a lot of men in this day and age. Of course there's a flipside to it, but yeah.

****ed up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 11:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 11:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

100% true.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 11:14 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
stuff
Butthurt beta males ITT.

- 70% of families have both parents working, so the age old adage of the man working hard to put bread on the table while the woman sits on her ass watching the kids is no longer accurate.

-Men are statistically more likely to cheat then women are, so it's more likely that it'll be the husband ****ing some Stacy from Facebook while the wife is away then the other way around.

- Men are more likely to abuse their spouses then the other way around.

The only part of the comic that's true is the guy getting ****ed over in the divorce, our divorce system is hilariously broken in womens' favor, almost as bad as law enforcement.

But beyond that, nah. Take your whining and go back to MGTOW, you spineless cuckold *****. And don't ever breed; your retard genes getting passed on to the next generation would make nuclear war sound appealing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Oct 12th, 2015 at 12:24 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 12:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Butthurt beta males ITT.

- 70% of families have both parents working, so the age old adage of the man working hard to put bread on the table while the woman sits on her ass watching the kids is no longer accurate.

-Men are statistically more likely to cheat then women are, so it's more likely that it'll be the husband ****ing some Stacy from Facebook while the wife is away then the other way around.

The only part of the comic that's true is the guy getting ****ed over in the divorce, our divorce system is hilariously broken in womens' favor, almost as bad as law enforcement.

But beyond that, nah. Take your whining and go back to MGTOW, you spineless cuckold *****. And don't ever breed; your retard genes getting passed on to the next generation would make nuclear war sound appealing.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 12:34 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Butthurt beta males ITT.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 12:47 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Butthurt beta males ITT.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 12:50 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 01:06 AM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Butthurt beta males ITT.

Look at it this way, now that your kind can finally get married, you'll see for yourself.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 01:07 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Look at it this way, now that your kind can finally get married, you'll see for yourself.

But if both partners are men then who gets ****ed by the divorce courts? Your burn sucks.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 01:17 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
But if both partners are men then who gets ****ed by the divorce courts? Your burn sucks.

That marriage sucks?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 01:25 AM
The Ecks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Biased misogynistic representation..

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 01:56 AM
The Ecks is currently offline Click here to Send The Ecks a Private Message Find more posts by The Ecks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ecks
Biased misogynistic representation..

What other kind of representation matters?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 02:10 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I think that this comic, as bitter as it must be in reality, is funny as hell.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 02:40 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I think that this comic, as bitter as it must be in reality, is funny as hell.

Apparently, laughing is forbidden in the pc world of the GDF.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 02:50 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Viva la Revolution!

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 02:52 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Van Hohenheim

It's not that it's not funny it's just that you don't give a good vibe. You're not chill, brah.

I've noticed that this forum(this section) is basically liberal views vs conservative view.

There's hardly any fun among the members, in the sense that you can all come together as a community and have a good time; it's all mostly serious business.

Just an observation.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 02:56 AM
Van Hohenheim is currently offline Click here to Send Van Hohenheim a Private Message Find more posts by Van Hohenheim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Van Hohenheim
It's not that it's not funny it's just that you don't give a good vibe. You're not chill, brah.

I've noticed that this forum(this section) is basically liberal views vs conservative view.

There's hardly any fun among the members, in the sense that you can all come together as a community and have a good time; it's all mostly serious business.

Just an observation.

The last thing I am is serious. I thought it was pretty obvious. embarrasment

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 02:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is, of course, totally a mistake for me to engage here at all, but what the hell...

This is something that occurs to me a lot watching things spill out in real life. So, these cartoons at the top are obviously not a balanced view- we have the woman at home, the nagging woman, the woman as the guilty cheater, the woman who turns the kids against the man etc. I know there's a couple of things that can be read like the man is at fault there as well, but the overwhelming feel is the woman at fault (especially the second one). Hopefully, no-one is seriously advancing that as the average state of affairs.

My thing is though- even within the 'wronged-man' bias of the cartoon, I can't help thinking the man is a bit of a prat. This starts right at the start when to both requests he says 'ok'. Now, from what I have observed of failed marriages in my social circle and general area, an 'ok' attitude is the start of many things. People want to get to the 'live happily ever after, roll the end credits' situation and so when someone suggests marriage and/or kids, they say 'ok' because that's the objective, yeah?

But often this is a decision made without any actual analysis about whether this is a good idea. You may WANT something to be a good idea, but that doesn't make it so. This is more than just haste- it's a fundamental inability of some (dare I say many?)people to understand what marriage and long-term relationships really entail.

This is where I can run intro trouble- but I really think this is a problem that disadvantages the woman. In a relationship that is failing because the couple failed to consider the long-term consequences, it's generally the woman who gets the short side. The man seems to think things are ok and doesn't notice that the woman is unhappy. Then when the woman snaps, it's the woman that tends to get blamed, whereas to my mind, the inability of the man to even sense there was a problem is at least as big an issue. The panel above where the man is going golfing whilst the wife is pissed off rather sums it up actually.

This isn't a 'men are the bad guys' post either- because women are just as much as men able to jump into a long-term relationship that isn't actually a good idea. It's just a short part of my general feeling that the major problem with marriage today is the starting point- people jumping in cluelessly without proper communication, not because they are incapable of communication but because they are too blinded by social convention and a wish for everything to work out actually to think clearly about consequences.

And so, as I say, even in a one-sided thing like this, I see the man say 'ok' and I immediately think "Idiot!"

I've seen marriages detonate in worse ways than that cartoon, and everyone wants to blame the woman, but I also see a man who got it wrong, and it was the woman who was suffering first. That's not to absolve of blame, but it's to point out that blame is often more complex than it looks at first.

And for every blatantly failed marriage, I think there are at least as many that are just bloody miserable for the same reason, but are forced to stay together by convention, cowardice (and I find cowardice very understandable there btw) or because there's no other way to bring up the kids.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 12th, 2015 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 02:28 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote