KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Steve Harvey

Steve Harvey
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Steve Harvey

I love this guy, he turns accident into success.

This is a man who everyone should aspire to be.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_mV_1dL...amp;ref=profile

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 12:50 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

From what I understand, part of the responsibility is on the teleprompter for the mistake.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 01:38 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

That and the card he was reading was a complete disaster.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 02:16 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

If it was not his fault, and the card and teleprompters are indeed wrong, then he deserves to compensated for the humiliation and backlash he received.

But if it was entirely his fault (which I believe it is, because he even admitted it during the show), then there's no excuse about it. He messed up, and should not host any other event, especially events as big as this where it is aired globally.

Everyone in my country hates him right now, because he ruined the moment for our contestant. Do you know the backlash this did to Columbians to the Philippines? They've been saying crazy racial shit in social media after this happened.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 03:37 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who cares either way? It's Miss Universe. People are more upset over this then actual important issues going on. It reminds me of when everyone whined over Cecil the lion being shot. Now we have something else completely irrelevant we can fume about.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 03:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, let the people be robots.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 04:08 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Conspiracy rumours are saying it was deliberately done to bring focus on the ailing Miss Universe franchise, especially without Trump no longer financially backing it.

Another article even claimed the judges never voted for Miss Phillipines.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 04:11 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus don't call it Miss Universe it is silly, you can't rep the universe. Call it Miss Earth. For all we know there are some fine ass females 10 trillion lightyears away that blow away any Earth female.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 07:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Plus don't call it Miss Universe it is silly, you can't rep the universe. Call it Miss Earth. For all we know there are some fine ass females 10 trillion lightyears away that blow away any Earth female.

Are they blue? I'll bet you ten bucks that any super hot alien space females, will have blue skin.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 07:13 PM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

It was Steve Harvey not memorizing the card, he showed it to the Camera.

I like and have a lot of respect for the guy, but he made a big mistake.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 07:14 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

People are acting like this is a doctor who accidentally told the parents their child is alive and well when it is actually dead.

Originally posted by Lucius
Are they blue? I'll bet you ten bucks that any super hot alien space females, will have blue skin.

If I've learned anything from Star Trek they will be green.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 10:06 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Everyone in my country hates him right now, because he ruined the moment for our contestant. Do you know the backlash this did to Columbians to the Philippines? They've been saying crazy racial shit in social media after this happened.
Sounds like you live in a country full of idiots. thumb up

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 10:18 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Who cares either way? It's Miss Universe. People are more upset over this then actual important issues going on. It reminds me of when everyone whined over Cecil the lion being shot. Now we have something else completely irrelevant we can fume about.

Some of these girls had to adhere to strict regimens just to get the perfect body, movements, poise, etc. You have no idea what some of them have been through. Not to mention, this competition is widely regarded as the creme de la creme of beauty pageants. It isn't your typical backyard fashion/prom night competition.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Conspiracy rumours are saying it was deliberately done to bring focus on the ailing Miss Universe franchise, especially without Trump no longer financially backing it.

Another article even claimed the judges never voted for Miss Phillipines.

See what I mean? Her win will forever be tainted as a "conspiracy", because of this "minor" slip-up by Steve Harvey. Did you see the reactions by the contestants and by Miss Colombia towards Miss Philippines? You see their true colors shine through after the mishap. I feel bad (a bit) for Pia because the truth is, she crushed the competition. It was literally a no-contest (BTW, I was rooting for Miss USA too, of course, even though she had some plastic surgery done on her.)

Originally posted by Mindset
Sounds like you live in a country full of idiots. thumb up

Not being self-depreciating, but unfortunately, yes that's sorta true. Not all of them though. It might be because most of my countrymen are very nationalistic, and feel very oppressed by foreigners. It's a typical "3rd world country problem". No different to most Latin American and African countries.

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 10:49 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some of these girls had to adhere to strict regimens just to get the perfect body, movements, poise, etc. You have no idea what some of them have been through. Not to mention, this competition is widely regarded as the creme de la creme of beauty pageants. It isn't your typical backyard fashion/prom night competition.

This all might be true, but it still just comes off as silly the way some are reacting. I saw people calling for Harvey's head. Over a beauty competition.

I get they work hard, but to what end? At the end of the day they just want to be hotter then everyone else. I understand certain countries take these things quite seriously, but people are acting like they just got an HIV diagnosis or something.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 11:02 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

This all might be true, but it still just comes off as silly the way some are reacting. I saw people calling for Harvey's head. Over a beauty competition.

I get they work hard, but to what end? At the end of the day they just want to be hotter then everyone else. I understand certain countries take these things quite seriously, but people are acting like they got an HIV diagnosis or something.

Well, you're right about those. laughing out loud

It is a big issue for some, though. Like I said, my countrymen are very nationalistic. They wanted this win to be a fair one. But because of what happened, it's as if it was rigged. It shouldn't have been, if Steve Harvey didn't make the mistake. Colombians started badmouthing Pia and Filipinos in general in social media (you know how Latinos react when they lose in anything related to them, like boxing, soccer, etc.), then the Filipinos reacted back. Then it eventually blew up. Shitty conspiracies started popping up.

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 11:04 PM
Bardock42

Maybe we can just take this for good and finally delete beauty pageants from existence.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 11:58 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Well, you're right about those. laughing out loud

It is a big issue for some, though. Like I said, my countrymen are very nationalistic. They wanted this win to be a fair one. But because of what happened, it's as if it was rigged. It shouldn't have been, if Steve Harvey didn't make the mistake. Colombians started badmouthing Pia and Filipinos in general in social media (you know how Latinos react when they lose in anything related to them, like boxing, soccer, etc.), then the Filipinos reacted back. Then it eventually blew up. Shitty conspiracies started popping up.
Hopefully, Steve Harvey started WW3.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 12:18 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 12:26 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Mindset
Hopefully, Steve Harvey started WW3.

Obama started it when he failed to eliminate ISIS.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 12:36 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

You ruined the fun.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 12:42 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote