KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby

Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 06:21 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Rather fascinating story:

"The controversial technique, which allows parents with rare genetic mutations to have healthy babies, has only been legally approved in the UK. But the birth of the child, whose Jordanian parents were treated by a US-based team in Mexico, should fast-forward progress around the world, say embryologists.

The boy’s mother carries genes for Leigh syndrome, a fatal disorder that affects the developing nervous system. Genes for the disease reside in DNA in the mitochondria, which provide energy for our cells and carry just 37 genes that are passed down to us from our mothers. This is separate from the majority of our DNA, which is housed in each cell’s nucleus."

"But this technique wasn’t appropriate for the couple – as Muslims, they were opposed to the destruction of two embryos. So Zhang took a different approach, called spindle nuclear transfer. He removed the nucleus from one of the mother’s eggs and inserted it into a donor egg that had had its own nucleus removed. The resulting egg – with nuclear DNA from the mother and mitochondrial DNA from a donor – was then fertilised with the father’s sperm"

Seems overall a great leap for genetics and stopping some chrildren being hirm with awful diseases.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 06:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

KMC doing the can't edit thing again, but it just seems like taking egg donation that happens now to a new level, where the child gets a direct genetic connection with the mother.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 06:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote:
Seems overall a great leap for genetics and stopping some chrildren being hirm with awful diseases.
The nuclear familiar tho... my values are being threatened.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 08:42 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...rent-technique/

Sickening, NWO globalist movement.

You've properly lost the plot.

Not unexpected.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 08:52 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Robtard

"The controversial technique, which allows parents with rare genetic mutations to have healthy babies, has only been legally approved in the UK. But the birth of the child, whose Jordanian parents were treated by a US-based team in Mexico, should fast-forward progress around the world, say embryologists.

The boy’s mother carries genes for Leigh syndrome, a fatal disorder that affects the developing nervous system. Genes for the disease reside in DNA in the mitochondria, which provide energy for our cells and carry just 37 genes that are passed down to us from our mothers. This is separate from the majority of our DNA, which is housed in each cell’s nucleus."

"But this technique wasn’t appropriate for the couple – as Muslims, they were opposed to the destruction of two embryos. So Zhang took a different approach, called spindle nuclear transfer. He removed the nucleus from one of the mother’s eggs and inserted it into a donor egg that had had its own nucleus removed. The resulting egg – with nuclear DNA from the mother and mitochondrial DNA from a donor – was then fertilised with the father’s sperm"

thumb up

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 08:56 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby

Originally posted by jaden101
You've properly lost the plot.

Not unexpected.

Based on?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:08 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby

Based on?

The fact that you think allowing people to have healthy children who otherwise wouldn't be able to is a globalist NWO conspiracy.

I mentioned a few weeks ago about increasing anti-intellectualism damaging human advancement through scientific ignorance. Your reaction to this is an example of that.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:18 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby

I mentioned a few weeks ago about increasing anti-intellectualism damaging human advancement through scientific ignorance.

A concern of mine; why I was/am concerned of the posibility of Ted Cruz or a Cruz-like candidate gaining power.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:25 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby

The fact that you think allowing people to have healthy children who otherwise wouldn't be able to is a globalist NWO conspiracy.

I mentioned a few weeks ago about increasing anti-intellectualism damaging human advancement through scientific ignorance. Your reaction to this is an example of that.

Good for you, now you care about children? Since when? Before you were all about aborting them. You cant have it both ways, sorry.

Last edited by Time-Immemorial on Sep 28th, 2016 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard

That's pretty damn impressive.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Ive always though of anti intellectualism as a sorta social dysfunction. Like the parents that would rather let their children suffer and die because vaccines are "evil". Its like an aversion to reason backed by arcane thinking.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:36 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

If the left cared about kids, then they would not be killing them and selling their body parts for profit.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:42 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Science now will destroy the Nuclear Family by Introducing a 3 Parent Baby

Good for you, now you care about children? Since when? Before you were all about aborting them. You cant have it both ways, sorry.

Nice edit. You'll need to refresh my memory on that rambling irrelevance though.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:43 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice edit? What did I change that impacted your post above? You really want to get in the weeds again cause you are obsessed with arguing with me?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:54 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

If the left cared about kids, then they would not be killing them and selling their body parts for profit.

So because you don't think your political enemies care about children, you don't think anyone should? no expression

Like what's your own response that isn't just pointing the finger at unrelated people?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:55 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont really care what they do, I just like to see the hypocrisy. Thats all they have any more.

I notice this place was dead as dead, now that I am back, everyone wants to come take their shots.

Last edited by Time-Immemorial on Sep 28th, 2016 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:56 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I notice this place was dead as dead, now that I am back, everyone wants to come take their shots.

Yeah; instead of producing arguments, you fling uncoordinated personal attacks.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:58 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Sickening, NWO globalist movement."

Wow thats a major personal attack.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 09:59 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

No, I mean when people pointed out the obvious health benefits stated really clearly in the article, instead of producing a relevant reply you just talk about abortion (???) and how everyone wants to "get" you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 10:00 PM