KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Popular vote: who really won it?

Popular vote: who really won it?
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Popular vote: who really won it?

Guys, honestly, I am reading mixed things on the internet. Some people, even from left leaning blogs, are stating that Trump actually won the popular vote, most likely, based on voting habits from the past (absentee ballots and other uncounted votes that are GOP leaning).

Then other sites say that Hillary won it by a comfortable margin even counting the absentee ballots.

One site showed CNN actually stating Trump would win it with 62m some odd votes to Hillary's 62million some odd votes that are slightly less than Trumps.

So could someone who is clearly not biased towards Hillary shed some light on this? I want to know who is right? I already know those of you who favor Hillary are going to in favor of Hillary.

And that Snopes article does jack all...it reads for too Dem leaning for me to take it seriously.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 08:44 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

At this point I can only think that they are still counting some votes. How else would there be any real debate about who won the popular vote? The numbers wouldn't lie.

I've seen most people who wanted Trump to win acknowledging he did not win the popular vote.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 08:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

We're internet denizens. But if the internet is providing mixed reports, we'll never be able to find the truth of the matter.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 08:52 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The strange thing is that yes it seems Hilary won the popular vote, but it also seems reports are saying one of the things that factored into the loss was low voter turnout for them.

So in a way the popular people still needed even more popularity than they had.

Yeah that pot brownie is kicking in. But yeah, I wonder what would cause people who would vote for Hilary to not turn out? That's not even sarcasm.

Was it because they thought Trump had no chance? Or was this just people who didn't want to vote for either one so they stayed home?

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 14th, 2016 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 08:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Based on personal exp, Hillary being a shit candidate is what kept more people from voting for her.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 08:57 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Not that I'm in favour of a Clinton victory, but if December 19 overturns all this... holy f*ck what a day that will be to stay inside under the blankets.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Based on personal exp, Hillary being a shit candidate is what kept more people from voting for her.
If Trump didn't even match her numbers, doesn't that make him those few percentage points shittier than her?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 08:57 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I say its all a ball of Leftist Media Biased BS. If The Hilldawg had a real shot at claiming the PrezShip. No way in HELL would they be this quiet about it. They would be Setting every Roof on Fire about it.

Face Facts. THE ***** LOST!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 08:59 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Not that I'm in favour of a Clinton victory, but if December 19 overturns all this... holy f*ck what a day that will be to stay inside under the blankets.

If Trump didn't even match her numbers, doesn't that make him those few percentage points shittier than her?

He exceeded her numbers where it counted, maybe if she was a better candidate things would have been different.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:11 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He exceeded her numbers where it counted, maybe if she was a better candidate things would have been different.
Where it counted? Do you mean where in the country (rural v. urban), or do you mean in the College?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:13 PM
Silent Master

Who wins the popular vote is just a nice bit of trivia. it doesn't really matter.

If she was a better candidate maybe she could have won the EC.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:15 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gary Johnson won the popular scrote apparently.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Who wins the popular vote is just a nice bit of trivia. it doesn't really matter.

She technically hasn't lost it yet. And who wins the EC is not a measure of worth, it's a matter of politics. The EC isn't an outlet for the American people.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:26 PM
Silent Master

Don't get your hopes up.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 10:00 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you. I do however agree with 2012 trump.

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 10:58 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
She technically hasn't lost it yet. And who wins the EC is not a measure of worth, it's a matter of politics. The EC isn't an outlet for the American people.

On a state by state basis, it pretty much is.

Unless you have yourself a faithless elector.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 11:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You only disagree with me because Hillary lost the EC.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 11:03 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

You only disagree with me because Hillary lost the EC.

wow you're baseless accusation sure proved my point wrong. i'm also sure you would have been in equal support if hillary had won the EC and not the PV. "rules is rules"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 11:08 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
wow you're baseless accusation sure proved my point wrong. i'm also sure you would have been in equal support if hillary had won the EC and not the PV. "rules is rules"

You keep forgetting that I'm not a Trump supporter, your butt-hurt that Hillary lost is blinding you to reality.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 11:11 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

You keep forgetting that I'm not a Trump supporter, your butt-hurt that Hillary lost is blinding you to reality.

yet you avoid stating that you would have still supported the EC. why don't you just lie about it and say you would have supported the decision, like everyone else does?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 11:12 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
yet you avoid stating that you would have still supported the EC. why don't you just lie about it and say you would have supported the decision, like everyone else does?

LOL!!!

BTW, are you still raping 16 kids a week?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 11:16 PM