KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What I believe

What I believe
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

What I believe

For your ideology. No arguing allowed, consider this a "safe space" and please take debates to other threads.

I believe..

That actions often have unintended consequences.

That the constitution, and political system in general, is imperfect. And that where it counts, it works fine as is.

That it's foolish/pointless to worry about how other people live their lives, or shame them for it. Don't like "welfare leeches"? Guess what, there will always be "leeches", or underachievers, or people who otherwise fall short of your expectations. They're not going anywhere, and we aren't about to let anybody starve to death if we can help it.

That said, there will always be overachievers. Nobody needs to be encouraged to seek fortune, status, or success. This is something every human being wants, and those that can, will.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 01:26 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: What I believe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
"safe space"
I believe I am #Tiggered.

I believe I can fly.

I believe in a thing called love.

I believe that whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

I believe that when you say the word 'believe' enough it sounds super strange. Be leave. B leeve. Baleve. Behlaeve.

Weird right?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 02:06 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

You Are O.K.

This I believe.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 02:14 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No matter what they tell us. No matter what they do. No matter what they teach us. What we believe is true.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 02:19 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

I believe in Sargon's law

I believe that Trantenders breed more transphobes, than anything else combined.

I believe that the taboo on fascism, racism and the like is actually going to fuel it's return.

I believe that we Americans just witnessed the death of the two party political system and think we may see the splintering of the Republican party. Democrats need to reassemble and find their base again.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 02:25 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I believe there is no reason for White Guilt.
No other race had the wherewithal to get shit going on this planet. To exolore it, conquer it, civilize and advance it.
Did it come at a price? Of course. Everything does.
BUT. I'm sitting at home watching a DVRd show while eating Fritos and using the internet.
That beats the SHIT out of sitting in a mud hut scratching my balls hoping for no lion attacks tonight.

THANK you, white people.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 05:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I believe that Aristotle was correct. That some men are born slaves.

I believe that the white man did a great thing enslaving black people. Now they're at least mostly human.

I believe that pillaging, raping, colonizing, and slaughtering the people of foreign lands is the only way to progress society, and the only reason white people could do such a thing is because they're genetically superior to everyone else.

I believe geography had noting to do with it whatsoever. White power! White nationalism! Make America white again! Hail Trump! Hail our people! Hail victory!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 05:40 AM
cdtm

I believe it's going to be an interesting 2020 election when voters realize they've been screwed again by a guy making big promises.

I dearly wish Trump would run as a Democrat, just to see if people FINALLY get sick enough of a "lesser of two evil scenario" to do something about it. Or, if we just do Kaang or Kodos all over again. (We HAVE to vote for one of them amiright?)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 05:55 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I believe that a lot of people on this mb are full of Shit.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 06:53 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I believe that political affiliation is the last bastion of sanctioned prejudice. I believe it's time to focus less on "Republicans and Democrats"/"Right vs Left"/whatever (as this keeps the focus on people), and more on >>>Rights and Responsibilities<<<, putting the focus on behavior. I believe you can't have one without the other, that Rights w/o Responsibility leads to narcissistic recklessness, and Responsibility w/o Rights, well, that's slavery.

As a corollary to the above: I believe the phrase "responsibility to vote" should be uttered as often as "right to vote," and that choosing not to vote or to vote for a chair (thank you, SNL), is exercising that right irresponsibly.

I believe that instead of everyone being oh-so-sensitive with what words are said, that we need to move in the opposite direction, back to the "Don Rickles" days, when everyone was made fun of and we knew how to laugh at ourselves. I believe the Ten Commandments can be reduced to one: "Lighten Up, people!"

I believe in wealth caps; English should be the official US language; and term limits for Washington politicians.

I believe that thick women are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sticks.

I believe that the Pet Rock and bottled water reflect capitalistic genius.

I believe it's time to /rant.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Dec 1st, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 10:31 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Mindship

thumb up

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:16 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Mindship

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
thumb up

Depends on the stick, but for the most part i also thumb up this.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:31 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 04:28 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe the TMNT cartoon from 2003 was the best out of all the TMNT cartoons.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 05:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I believe that it is easier to express what I don't believe, then what I do.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 06:33 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

I believe that the disenfranchisement of white men and the ostracizion of "white feminism" will lead to a rise in white supremacist groups.

I believe calls for diversity and inclusion are synonymous with admitting inferiority for your class/race/sexuality/...

I believe that the people who call Trump a buffoon don't know a tenth of the things he knows, and those who think that lack of experience should block someone from ascending to the presidency are begging for an oligarchy.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 07:07 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I believe there are bigots on this threat. ^

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 09:00 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe b*tches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 09:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Surtur
I believe b*tches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

laughing

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 09:04 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: Re: What I believe

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I believe I can fly.

I believe in a thing called love.

I believe that whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 09:09 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote