KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump Fans Urge Star Wars Boycott Over Reshoot Claims

Trump Fans Urge Star Wars Boycott Over Reshoot Claims
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

Laugh Trump Fans Urge Star Wars Boycott Over Reshoot Claims

quote:
The campaign began with a series of tweets from activist Jack Posobiec, who claimed the writers changed the film to add scenes linking Mr. Trump to racism.

Screenwriter Chris Weitz said that this was "completely fake," though he and another writer have tweeted their opposition to the U.S. president-elect.

#DumpStarWars has been retweeted 120,000 times in the past 24 hours.

(please log in to view the image)

In a Periscope video, Jack Posobiec, who is an activist with Citizens for Trump, claimed the writers had said the Empire in the film "is a white supremacist organisation like the Trump administration and the diverse rebels are going to defeat them."

"They're trying to make the point of using this movie to push the false narrative... that Trump is a racist." he said.

The Pro-Trump Twitter Army

Donald Trump has 17 million followers on Twitter.

Among them are a group of vocal supporters who frequently champion him and are quick to denigrate those who oppose or criticise him.

#DumpStarWars is only the latest in a series of online campaigns they have launched.

In the last few weeks, there have also been calls to boycott the cereal company Kelloggs, Starbucks, and the musical Hamilton.

A handful of accounts are frequently retweeted in the thousands.

They tend belong to people who work in the media, managing websites or producing other media supporting Trump.

The most high-profile is Briton Paul Joseph Watson, an editor at Infowars, a website that has published outlandish conspiracy theories including one claiming Hillary Clinton has a secret "satanic network."

The tone of their tweets is frequently combative and polemical. They are quick to bait "liberals" or "social justice warriors" but not averse to a bit of martyrdom either, frequently decrying the MSM—mainstream media—as liars that victimise Mr Trump.

One conspiracy theory popular among them, #pizzagate, led a man to fire a rifle in a restaurant linked to it this week.

Trump supporters boycotting Star Wars because of fake news.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 05:28 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

How do we know its "Fake News"? Cause I am sure there will be plenty of Anti-Right sentiments in the movie

Cause ya know.....HOLLYWOOD

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 05:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Trump Fans Urge Star Wars Boycott Over Reshoot Claims

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

quote:
The campaign began with a series of tweets from activist Jack Posobiec, who claimed the writers changed the film to add scenes linking Mr. Trump to racism.

Screenwriter Chris Weitz said that this was "completely fake," though he and another writer have tweeted their opposition to the U.S. president-elect.

#DumpStarWars has been retweeted 120,000 times in the past 24 hours.

In a Periscope video, Jack Posobiec, who is an activist with Citizens for Trump, claimed the writers had said the Empire in the film "is a white supremacist organisation like the Trump administration and the diverse rebels are going to defeat them."

"They're trying to make the point of using this movie to push the false narrative... that Trump is a racist." he said.

The Pro-Trump Twitter Army

Donald Trump has 17 million followers on Twitter.

Among them are a group of vocal supporters who frequently champion him and are quick to denigrate those who oppose or criticise him.

#DumpStarWars is only the latest in a series of online campaigns they have launched.

In the last few weeks, there have also been calls to boycott the cereal company Kelloggs, Starbucks, and the musical Hamilton.

A handful of accounts are frequently retweeted in the thousands.

They tend belong to people who work in the media, managing websites or producing other media supporting Trump.

The most high-profile is Briton Paul Joseph Watson, an editor at Infowars, a website that has published outlandish conspiracy theories including one claiming Hillary Clinton has a secret "satanic network."

The tone of their tweets is frequently combative and polemical. They are quick to bait "liberals" or "social justice warriors" but not averse to a bit of martyrdom either, frequently decrying the MSM—mainstream media—as liars that victimise Mr Trump.

One conspiracy theory popular among them, #pizzagate, led a man to fire a rifle in a restaurant linked to it this week.

Trump supporters boycotting Star Wars because of fake news.

Would you expect any less from these people with the atmosphere of fear and ignorance he's created over the last year?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 9th, 2016 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 05:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Re: Re: Trump Fans Urge Star Wars Boycott Over Reshoot Claims

Originally posted by Robtard

Would you expect any less from these people with the atmosphere of fear and ignorance he's created over the last year? [/B]

But spreading Fear and Ignorance has always been Mainstays of the Leftist side of things......

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 05:47 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is quite hilarious.

But what's also hilarious is the insinuation Clinton's supporters don't spread fear and ignorance.

This is why liberals are so amusing. They had a good thing here lol. A good diss to Trump fans. But they had to take it one step further and ruin it with silly comments.

How you guys constantly manage to f*ck up a sure thing is beyond me.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
This is quite hilarious.

But what's also hilarious is the insinuation Clinton's supporters don't spread fear and ignorance.

This is why liberals are so amusing. They had a good thing here lol. A good diss to Trump fans. But they had to take it one step further and ruin it with silly comments.

How you guys constantly manage to f*ck up a sure thing is beyond me.

#DistractToClinton

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, the silly comments you make invite Clinton comparisons. Which is again..why this is funny.

You should have just enjoyed the hilarity.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

#DistractToClinton

#DistractToLeftistFearMongerin
g

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Nah, the silly comments you make invite Clinton comparisons. Which is again..why this is funny.

You should have just enjoyed the hilarity.

Incorrect. No one else mentioned Clinton here, you're the one that brought her into the conversation to distract away from the topic/Trump supporters. You continue to do it instead of discussing the topic. This is a fact.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Incorrect. No one else mentioned Clinton here, you're the one that brought her into the conversation to distract away from the topic/Trump supporters. This is a fact.

I never said you specifically mentioned her. I said your comments opened up the door for comparison.

That is a fact.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:19 PM
Flyattractor

I agree with the Avoid the Rogue movie. If only because it is going to be a big pile of Leftist Emo Hipster Poop.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:19 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Surtur,

And you continue to shift the focus onto Clinton instead of the topic. That's distracting

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 9th, 2016 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:20 PM
Flyattractor

Surtur is the New TIMMY!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And you continue to shift the focus onto Clinton instead of the topic. That's distracting

I thought so, but alrighty so yeah...This is pretty funny.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:22 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Lol, wtf? How would Rogue One even address Trump? Are they going to photoshop Trump's face over Darth Vader or something?

Yeah good luck boycotting ****ing Star Wars, the biggest cinematic property on the planet. What morons.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 10:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If only the DNC had the same backing as the Star Wars Franchise we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 11:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
If only the DNC had the same backing as the Star Wars Franchise we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Or if they had a candidate who wasn't so disliked she couldn't even defeat Donald Trump.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2016 12:02 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Or my axe!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2016 12:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Or if they had a candidate who wasn't so disliked she couldn't even defeat Donald Trump.
#DistractToClinton

Old Post Dec 10th, 2016 12:15 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

#DistractToClinton

My bad! I didn't mean to get in the way of the plethora of other insights you had about this topic.

By all means unload them. Don't be shy.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2016 01:01 AM