KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump Gets briefed re: Hacking tomorrow, will he become more patriotic afterwards?

Will Trump support the brave intelligence services?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 1 11.11%
No 0 0%
He is a Russian Spy 5 55.56%
He is out for personal gain 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trump Gets briefed re: Hacking tomorrow, will he become more patriotic afterwards?
Started by: Stop the hate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stop the hate
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trump Gets briefed re: Hacking tomorrow, will he become more patriotic afterwards?

Will he?

Last edited by Stop the hate on Jan 5th, 2017 at 11:38 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 11:34 AM
Stop the hate is currently offline Click here to Send Stop the hate a Private Message Find more posts by Stop the hate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Depends on if they provide valid evidence..doesn't it?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 03:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Stop the Hate, I was just wondering when you stopped beating your wife?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 09:34 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Stop the Hate, I was just wondering when you stopped beating your wife?

Probably never, so it's a good thing blowup dolls can't feel pain.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 10:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

The only thing funnier then Trump and his briefing is that if Russia hacked our elections they did it under Obama's watch AFTER Romney had said Russia was our greatest geopolitical enemy and barrack mocked him.

Failure on the part of the current president if we were hacked.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 04:45 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by snowdragon
The only thing funnier then Trump and his briefing is that if Russia hacked our elections they did it under Obama's watch AFTER Romney had said Russia was our greatest geopolitical enemy and barrack mocked him.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 05:20 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stop the hate
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38528329

Russian agents Identified

Fox News' Chris Stirewalt says that after James Clapper's testimony, it is "clear the nation's spies are not going to let Trump & Co off the hook here. Their competency, integrity and patriotism have been called into question, and they are not going to let the matter be tabled."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 03:51 PM
Stop the hate is currently offline Click here to Send Stop the hate a Private Message Find more posts by Stop the hate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

James Clapper? Stand up guy! Never misled the American people, right? Nope he did not, not on a single thing.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 04:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways, what perplexes me most of all is this notion from some that our intelligence agencies are sacrosanct. Some people have called it treasonous to even question the intelligence agencies.

How is that not insane? Nobody remembers debacles by intelligence agencies? One thing Trump loves to bring up is the whole WMD in Iraq. Then people love to scream back with "it's not the same people!" but the point is to give an example that shows these agencies can and have gotten it wrong in the past, very very wrong.

Intelligence agencies that in the past have helped out dictators and suppressed democracy in other countries are not deserving of our trust, nor are they deserving of the benefit of the doubt. That privilege has been lost and the way to win it back is not to whine that Trump doesn't trust agencies that aren't deserving of trust. The way to earn it back is via transparency. The way to earn it back is by presenting irrefutable evidence. Not maybes, not probably's, not "this unnamed official said so" but irrefutable evidence.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 6th, 2017 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 04:43 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

You are right. We should just ignore what they say and publicly disparage their credibility "because Iraq!"

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 6th, 2017 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 05:29 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Or you know the fact the can't brief any Republican who doesn't go, "reeeeeeeeeehhh" every time they see Trump.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 05:31 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Seriously though no, they are not sacrosanct, but they are not a third party that can be listened to or ignored at your whim either. They are not pollsters, they are vital to your country's national security, which I assume is something you care about. If you can't trust your own intelligence agencies, you have a serious problem, especially when you are at war with terrorist groups like ISIS, because then who can you trust? BreitBart News?

The correct course of action is to fix the problem, if there indeed is one, not throw a fit on Twitter, and undermine their credibility as you wait for them "win back the public trust", while potential threats to state security go ignored.

Indeed how would you feel if say tomorrow this same attitude was taken towards a potential terrorist plot against your country? Would the same blase faire attitude be permitted? The reason people find this unpatriotic is because you create a boy cried wolf scenario in which real threats to national security may go unresponded to, with potentially damaging results. So yeah, its completely out of order, and just another thing to the add to the ever growing list of why Trump isn't fit to be POTUS.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 6th, 2017 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 05:50 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

You don't see the major shift in your hypothetical?

No, I wouldn't give you the key to my house

Yes I would give you the key to my house if you needed to cut a rope to save my life.

Context matters, and as of right now we haven't even proved the Russian hack narrative, so I'm not going to jump to the narrative that it was done for nefarious purposes. Germany gave Hillary millions of dollars for her campaign, and no one would be arguing that Hillary is Merkal's puppet.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:00 PM
Stop the hate
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Seriously though no, they are not sacrosanct, but they are not a third party that can be listened to or ignored at your whim either. They are not pollsters, they are vital to your country's national security, which I assume is something you care about. If you can't trust your own intelligence agencies, you have a serious problem, especially when you are at war with terrorist groups like ISIS, because then who can you trust? BreitBart News?

The correct course of action is to fix the problem, if there indeed is one, not throw a fit on Twitter, and undermine their credibility as you wait for them "win back the public trust", while potential threats to state security go ignored.

Indeed how would you feel if say tomorrow this same attitude was taken towards a potential terrorist plot against your country? Would the same blase faire attitude be permitted? The reason people find this unpatriotic is because you create a boy cried wolf scenario in which real threats to national security may go unresponded to, with potentially damaging results. So yeah, its completely out of order, and just another thing to the add to the ever growing list of why Trump isn't fit to be POTUS.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:01 PM
dadudemon

Okay, that's a good point. And I do remember that exchange. I wanted Romney in 2012. Outlined why, too.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stop the hate
Restricted

Account Restricted

While the Obama administration may well have been remiss in preventing the hack, to be equally fair, they took action over it. If the Trump administration only appeases countries who have made America a laughing stock, they will appear weak and not diplomatic. Worse still Trump may blow his cover and reveal himself as the Russian spy many think he is.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:22 PM
Silent Master

What actions have they taken to increase our cyber security?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:24 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

"many" lol

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:25 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Stop the hate
While the Obama administration may well have been remiss in preventing the hack, to be equally fair, they took action over it. If the Trump administration only appeases countries who have made America a laughing stock, they will appear weak and not diplomatic. Worse still Trump may blow his cover and reveal himself as the Russian spy many think he is.

Yeah, taking action when you get caught with your pants down isn't a moment to celebrate, thats like saying you wiped your ass after you shit your pants.

Here is the real story:

Trump doesn't believe our intelligence agencies apparently.

Apparently our agencies didn't brief our current president in time to do anything about this situation? Or the situation is now the front of news pages because of Trump?

All that noise should be pointed at the current president and intel agencies that ALLOWED this to happen. Not cry about the results.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:29 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stop the hate
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, taking action when you get caught with your pants down isn't a moment to celebrate, thats like saying you wiped your ass after you shit your pants.

Here is the real story:

Trump doesn't believe our intelligence agencies apparently.

Apparently our agencies didn't brief our current president in time to do anything about this situation? Or the situation is now the front of news pages because of Trump?

All that noise should be pointed at the current president and intel agencies that ALLOWED this to happen. Not cry about the results.

I don't disagree with some of that, the point I think you're missing is; the democracy of the land of the free has been manipulated by an outside agency to place its favoured candidate in power. Whether someone, Trumper or not, they can't see that as a good thing. Sanctions must be taken.

I am not a lover of Security forces either, however, if they become weakened a nation's national and international interests and internal security becomes compromised.

Surely Trump understands this if he has America's interests at heart.

Last edited by Stop the hate on Jan 6th, 2017 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:35 PM