KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Off-duty LAPD officer shoots at teen on video.

Off-duty LAPD officer shoots at teen on video.
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Off-duty LAPD officer shoots at teen on video.

Video Shows Anaheim Struggle Between Boy, 13, and Off-Duty LAPD Officer Who Fired Weapon; Officer on Administrative Leave:

http://ktla.com/2017/02/22/cellphon...o-fired-weapon/

The video shows the officer pretty clearly trying to drag the teen onto his property before discharging his weapon in-spite of a crowd surrounding them. Needless to say, the 13 year old boy was unarmed.

Oh and:

"The officer was not arrested, but the 13-year-old boy and another 15-year-old boy were."

I wish I could say I was surprised. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:04 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

The off-duty officer was clearly in the wrong.

He brought out a gun to confront a large group of teenagers who likely veered off the sidewalk a bit and onto his lawn on their way home from school. While some will be quick to defend him with shit like "Well, it's his right and he was taking precaution," it does say a lot about his "**** you! I'm in charge!" approach and his negative opinion of these teenagers. Using some tact, he could have gone out and firmly yet politely asked that they not walk over his lawn, and they probably would have respected that, even if only to avoid confrontation. Instead, he decided to act a hardass, yelled "Get off of my lawn, you ****!" at one of the girls stepping on his lawn, and then grabbed hold of the first kid to talk back to him in her defense. He may have even hit or tried to hit the kid in the nuts at some point, if we're to believe everything the kids were saying. Maybe, maybe not...but it never should have became physical at all. If he was tired kids walking over his lawn on their way home from school, he could have addressed it and made his presence known at the same time everyday. If that's not possible, put up a ****ing fence.

"Good thing he had that gun, or those savages could have beaten him to death!"

**** that noise. Again, it never should have became physical. It's not quite self-defense when you created the situation and then escalated it by getting physical and being irrational. I don't blame the kid he grabbed or his friends for resorting to violence after several minutes of this shit. They were fearful for their friend's well-being and afraid to confront the adult who became violent.

If that sounds crazy to you, think about it: You're walking home from school with friends, when some strange ******* with a chip on his shoulder comes out of his house, curses one of your friends and then grabs hold of another for talking back after feeling disrespected, and starts dragging him away. He claims to be a cop but has not shown any proof of it; for all you know, he's just some crazy ******* trying to harm your friend. He won't let go of him after several pleas, so you unsuccessfully try to physically separate them. At this point, desperation kicks in. What other choice do you have but to clock this mother****er to loosen his grip on your friend and get out of there?

"That was a warning shot/misfire!"

Don't be stupid. Warning shots are pure movie shit. There are no warning shots in police training. You only draw your weapon if your life could be in danger. He was not in any real danger at any point in the videos. At least one of the kids swung at him, but that's hardly life-threatening, and once again, the officer created that situation in the first place. If he intentionally fired a round meant as a warning, then he only complicated the situation even further, and one of the kids could have been hurt or killed because of it.

I think it was a misfire, but that only goes to show how reckless/negligent the officer was in using the gun. Again, someone could have been wrongfully hurt or killed, and the entire scene could have been avoided with tact and respect.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:11 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well said. I agree completely.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:25 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is an awful incident and unacceptable.

I also am at least glad the people in that neighborhood showed maturity with their reaction. One would think we'd have seen people breaking windows and shit over this.

I applaud the community for refraining from any such action until this can all get sorted out. This officer needs to be fired and thankfully the teen is okay.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 25th, 2017 at 01:37 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 01:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 02:29 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eternal Idol

He brought out a gun to confront a large group of teenagers who likely veered off the sidewalk a bit and onto his lawn on their way home from school. While some will be quick to defend him with shit like "Well, it's his right and he was taking precaution," it does say a lot about his "**** you! I'm in charge!" approach and his negative opinion of these teenagers. Using some tact, he could have gone out and firmly yet politely asked that they not walk over his lawn, and they probably would have respected that, even if only to avoid confrontation. Instead, he decided to act a hardass, yelled "Get off of my lawn, you ****!" at one of the girls stepping on his lawn, and then grabbed hold of the first kid to talk back to him in her defense. He may have even hit or tried to hit the kid in the nuts at some point, if we're to believe everything the kids were saying. Maybe, maybe not...but it never should have became physical at all. If he was tired kids walking over his lawn on their way home from school, he could have addressed it and made his presence known at the same time everyday. If that's not possible, put up a ****ing fence.

**** that noise. Again, it never should have became physical. It's not quite self-defense when you created the situation and then escalated it by getting physical and being irrational. I don't blame the kid he grabbed or his friends for resorting to violence after several minutes of this shit. They were fearful for their friend's well-being and afraid to confront the adult who became violent.

If that sounds crazy to you, think about it: You're walking home from school with friends, when some strange ******* with a chip on his shoulder comes out of his house, curses one of your friends and then grabs hold of another for talking back after feeling disrespected, and starts dragging him away. He claims to be a cop but has not shown any proof of it; for all you know, he's just some crazy ******* trying to harm your friend. He won't let go of him after several pleas, so you unsuccessfully try to physically separate them. At this point, desperation kicks in. What other choice do you have but to clock this mother****er to loosen his grip on your friend and get out of there?

Don't be stupid. Warning shots are pure movie shit. There are no warning shots in police training. You only draw your weapon if your life could be in danger. He was not in any real danger at any point in the videos. At least one of the kids swung at him, but that's hardly life-threatening, and once again, the officer created that situation in the first place. If he intentionally fired a round meant as a warning, then he only complicated the situation even further, and one of the kids could have been hurt or killed because of it.

I think it was a misfire, but that only goes to show how reckless/negligent the officer was in using the gun. Again, someone could have been wrongfully hurt or killed, and the entire scene could have been avoided with tact and respect.
thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 02:45 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

You shouldn't be allowed to be a cop if you can't restrain a 13 year old without pulling out your gun.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 02:59 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

"Get off my lawn!" Really? This would be comical if it weren't so scary.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 03:06 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

They should have called the cops as soon as he grabbed the kid instead of standing around like morons and recording it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 04:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Eternal Idol

thumb up

You. I like you. Post more.

Originally posted by Surtur
This is an awful incident and unacceptable.

I also am at least glad the people in that neighborhood showed maturity with their reaction. One would think we'd have seen people breaking windows and shit over this.

I applaud the community for refraining from any such action until this can all get sorted out. This officer needs to be fired and thankfully the teen is okay.

This is a good point. It is very dumb that you have to point something out like this but it does go to prove that very few people are the shitheads that overturn cars and burn businesses.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 08:22 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Fudge the Little LA Bastards. They are teens and thus are Little Gang Banging SJW Snowflakes and probably deserve a few caps get busted up in em.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:18 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Goddamn lunatic.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:24 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 01:40 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Oh just admit it Lucy. You thought it was a vid about a cop EXPOSING himself to kids....

Poor poor lucy.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 01:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Boy is my face red, seems they did get violent. I'm shocked.

Btw, I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan even more now for his response to that t-shirt story. "Holy crap people are stupid". Well said John Winchester, well said.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 05:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The first time I saw the video of the guy dragging the kid around I thought "Man, that's one determined pedophile".

Guy obviously has no business being a cop.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 10:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shoot them all. Bunch of *****.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 10:45 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We should all be ashamed of ourselves that this wasn't posted sooner:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 10:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
The first time I saw the video of the guy dragging the kid around I thought "Man, that's one determined pedophile".

Guy obviously has no business being a cop.

An aggressively determined pedophile.

Wonder who he voted for.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Robtard
An aggressively determined pedophile.

Wonder who he voted for.

Hillary. #pizzagate

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 02:02 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote