KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » When will Trump be impeached?

When will Trump be impeached?
This poll is closed.
2017 10 41.67%
2018 4 16.67%
2019 0 0%
2020 0 0%
He won't be impeached 10 41.67%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Come on, we all know it's going to happen, and even polling tells us the majority of Americans think it'll happen as well. Place your bet in the poll and discuss below!

Old Post May 18th, 2017 03:44 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Just as long as it took to get Obama impeached for all the laws he broke while in office.

Oh wait...

Old Post May 18th, 2017 06:08 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Laws like what

Old Post May 18th, 2017 09:01 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I don't think Trump will be impeached. I think whatever Russia ties the investigation uncover will be more about people in his campaign rather than him, and he'll be able to claim just enough ignorance to cover himself.

I think he's more likely to die of a heart attack within the next couple of years than be impeached.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 09:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's doubtful he will be impeached, it's a liberal pipe dream. Unless we get some smoking gun.

The fact that 4 people here apparently think he will be impeached is hilarious.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 09:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Impeachment is something neither side really wants to do.
Because if they do then that just gives the other side leeway for when the other side gets into power to use against them.

*** for Tat.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:11 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just love how Comey, under oath, said nobody tried to interfere and this gets ignored by the hysterical left.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah but being Hysterical is just the Modern Lefts Normal Mode of Behavior.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:15 PM
BackFire

Impeachment also requires a super majority to do fully. It's set up in a way that one party can't just impeach the president of the other on a whim. It requires bipartisan support, at least the final senate portion of it. This is what happened to Bill Clinton. He was technically impeached by the house, which requires a simple majority vote, but then once it gets into the senate it requires 2/3rds vote to get the person out of office. So if Trump ever were to be impeached and forced to leave office, a large portion of republicans would need to be on board.

It's not unheard of, and I do think they'd probably do it if Trump was showed to have colluded with Russia and became too much of a liability for their chances of re-election, they probably would have done it with Nixon since he was extremely unpopular by that point as well, but it's not easy.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
So if Trump ever were to be impeached and forced to leave office, a large portion of republicans would need to be on board.

Which makes the Democrat hysteria even more puzzling. You aren't going to get people on your side that way.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:23 PM
BackFire

The hysteria that you are talking about is little more than political posturing by House members from very liberal districts who want to score points among their constituents who hate Trump by calling for his impeachment. They know it's not happening.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The hysteria that you are talking about is little more than political posturing by House members from very liberal districts who want to score points among their constituents who hate Trump by calling for his impeachment. They know it's not happening.

So in other words they are trying to manipulate people to get votes?

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:29 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Surtur
So in other words they are trying to manipulate people to get votes?

More telling them what they want to hear. More accurately they are representing the views of their constituents who want him impeached.

The house, in general, is much more extreme than the senate, you have a lot of very far right and very far left people there because they represent a much smaller number of people than those in the senate. So if someone is from a district that wants Trump impeached, it's kind of their job to relay that desire to Washington. They are meant to speak for their districts.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO telling people what they want to hear as opposed to the truth is manipulation. It's okay man, you can say it: the Democrats are trying to use Trump to manipulate people and get more votes.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:39 PM
BackFire

IMO telling people what they want to hear as opposed to the truth is manipulation. It's okay man, you can say it: the Democrats are trying to use Trump to manipulate people and get more votes.

But they're doing what they were sent there to do. If they're from districts with a large majority of constituents saying "I want Trump impeached" then it's their job to go to Washington and say "I want Trump impeached". That's their job. If they went to Washington and told those constituents that Trump shouldn't get impeached then they'd just get voted out and replaced by someone who will relay those feelings to Washington.

But yes, there is a level of manipulation in politics no matter who you're talking about. Every single successful politician has to be able to manipulate people to some degree or another.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Surtur turns a thread about Trump possibly being impeached into "Democrats are the shitty ones!". Shocking and totally not expected.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Robtard
Surtur turns a thread about Trump possibly being impeached into "Democrats are the shitty ones!". Shocking and totally not expected.

buttered she-males

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:53 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But they're doing what they were sent there to do. If they're from districts with a large majority of constituents saying "I want Trump impeached" then it's their job to go to Washington and say "I want Trump impeached". That's their job. If they went to Washington and told those constituents that Trump shouldn't get impeached then they'd just get voted out and replaced by someone who will relay those feelings to Washington.

But yes, there is a level of manipulation in politics no matter who you're talking about. Every single successful politician has to be able to manipulate people to some degree or another.

Funny though, not all Dems felt this way about the electoral college. Then it was "vote with your conscience, not what your constituents wanted".

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:56 PM
BackFire

Funny though, not all Dems felt this way about the electoral college. Then it was "vote with your conscience, not what your constituents wanted".

I'm not sure what you're getting at, here. The House of Representatives has nothing to do with the electoral college.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:58 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
buttered she-males

Now Bashy is making fun of people that are Trans-gender or gender inspecific.

For SHAME!

*reported*

Old Post May 18th, 2017 10:58 PM