KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Idiot Trump wants to privatize War in Afghanistan

Idiot Trump wants to privatize War in Afghanistan
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Idiot Trump wants to privatize War in Afghanistan

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-a7883316.html

quote:
Donald Trump’s administration is said to be considering radically changing the way it conducts war in Afghanistan, and may move away from the US military running the show in favour of laying that responsibility on private contractors.

The unprecedented proposal would put 5,500 private contractors in charge of advising the Afghan military in the 16-year-old war that Mr Trump has inherited from his two predecessors. Most of those contractors would be former Special Operations troops, though their private contractor status would likely mean they are not bound by the same rules of engagement as the US military. There are an estimated 8,400 US soldiers currently in Afghanistan.

Erik Prince, the founder and former CEO of private contracting company Blackwater USA, has put forward the plan. Speaking to USA Today, he said he had met frequently with administration officials to discuss his plan. However, with misgivings by Mr Trump’s National Security Adviser, H R McMaster, and Defence Secretary James Mattis, it is unclear whether there would be a way forward for such a plan, despite Mr Trump’s frustration at the lack of progress in the country. At least one senior official, chief strategist Steve Bannon, is said to be open to the use of private contractors.

Not content with bombing Syria, Yemen, and Iraq and reportedly wanting to expand bombings into the Phillippines- Idiot Trump now wants to give his corporate buttbuddies your hard earned tax dollars to fight in Afghanistan for the forseeable future. Keeping in mind that the head of Blackwater has had numerous meetings with Trump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.30fccdaa9da2

Its like the Bush era all over again.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:03 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"Blackwater: We murder innocent civilians because lulz"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:05 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Idiot Trump wants to privatize War in Afghanistan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-a7883316.html

Not content with bombing Syria, Yemen, and Iraq and reportedly wanting to expand bombings into the Phillippines- Idiot Trump now wants to give his corporate buttbuddies your hard earned tax dollars to fight in Afghanistan for the forseeable future. Keeping in mind that the head of Blackwater has had numerous meetings with Trump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.30fccdaa9da2

Its like the Bush era all over again.

Cause conventional war has been working out so well.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:35 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Idiot Trump wants to privatize War in Afghanistan

Originally posted by Sable
Cause conventional war has been working out so well.

You seriously think expanding the privatization of war even more is a good thing?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I forgot there was still a war in Afghanistan. Do they STILL have an army?

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:34 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
You seriously think expanding the privatization of war even more is a good thing?

Tomorrow morning a Genie swaps your mind into Trumps body. Now that you are in charge...you handle this situation in what way?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Surtur
Tomorrow morning a Genie swaps your mind into Trumps body. Now that you are in charge...you handle this situation in what way?

I would invest in Butt Sex Lube.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:36 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would like to point out:

"radically changing the way it conducts war in Afghanistan"

"The unprecedented proposal would put 5,500 private contractors in charge of advising the Afghan military in the 16-year-old war that Mr Trump has inherited from his two predecessors."

"it is unclear whether there would be a way forward for such a plan, despite Mr Trump’s frustration at the lack of progress in the country."

This sounds to me that he is ending the war and privatising the Afghan military. Sounds good to me.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:40 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^ LoL, this guy thinks he's clever again

Answer: Don't really know, I'm not an expert on warfare or geopolitics. But I am old enough to remember the issues we had in the Iraq war when Bushco privatized parts of it. So yeah, I'd not expand on privatization of war if it's going to be the same but on a larger scale.

Same genie question to you. Go!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Answer: Don't really know, I'm not an expert on warfare or geopolitics. But I am old enough to remember the issues we had in the Iraq war when Bushco privatized parts of it. So yeah, I'd not expand on privatization of war if it's going to be the same but on a larger scale.

You are such a hypocrite.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you consider yourself clever? Would you be willing to say you do not consider yourself clever?

quote:

You say you wouldn't do what Trump was doing, but you also say you have no actual clue what the right thing to do is. It's just your comment came across like you, Robtard, somehow knew better what to do in this situation. As if Trumps actions were leading us down the wrong path and you know the right one.

quote:

I'm not acting like I know better though nor did I go against the steps he is currently taking. Trump isn't doing this alone, there are military advisors, etc.

I'm not in the military, nor am I privy to being able to discuss military strategy with some of our top military officials. Trump has that ability. If what he wants to do is currently not our best option I sure hope Mattis would come out and say so. Otherwise his "Mad Dog" title is revoked. Mad Dogs do not keep their mouths shut and take shit like that.

But okay, the OP referred to Trump as an idiot multiple times. So maybe he has a way to deal with this that is superior to the current plan. Carthage, any ideas? I am genuinely curious for alternative strategies. If you do not know, perhaps you know of someone else who has put forth a better alternative?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Do you consider yourself clever? Would you be willing to say you do not consider yourself clever?

You say you wouldn't do what Trump was doing, but you also say you have no actual clue what the right thing to do is. It's just your comment came across like you, Robtard, somehow knew better what to do in this situation. As if Trumps actions were leading us down the wrong path and you know the right one.

I'm not acting like I know better though nor did I go against the steps he is currently taking. Trump isn't doing this alone, there are military advisors, etc.

I'm not in the military, nor am I privy to being able to discuss military strategy with some of our top military officials. Trump has that ability. If what he wants to do is currently not our best option I sure hope Mattis would come out and say so. Otherwise his "Mad Dog" title is revoked. Mad Dogs do not keep their mouths shut and take shit like that.

But okay, the OP referred to Trump as an idiot multiple times. So maybe he has a way to deal with this that is superior to the current plan. Carthage, any ideas? I am genuinely curious for alternative strategies. If you do not know, perhaps you know of someone else who has put forth a better alternative?

That's a #triggered

What I said amounts to recognizing past mistakes and not repeating them. That's just common sense, sport.

So you don't have any answer at all, you just wanted to whine over my rather sensible one of "let's not repeat past mistakes" because you took it like I was attacking your special golden calf.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:59 PM
Flyattractor

IF it is Privatized then we should PRIVATIZE it. Make it a nice Mercenary Franchise. Start making some money and killing Terrorist Scum at the same time. 10 Billion SERVED!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's a #triggered

What I said amounts to recognizing past mistakes and not repeating them. That's just common sense, sport.

So you don't have any answer at all, you just wanted to whine over my rather sensible one of "let's not repeat past mistakes" because you took it like I was attacking your special golden calf.

Lol Rob this is a perfect example of the nonsense you pull. You say I don't have an answer at all. But I didn't disagree with what Trump is doing lol. You acted like you didn't approve and thus I asked you what you would do differently. I never said I don't approve, so what answer is there to give you besides...well, I never said I didn't approve?

Explain this, because your post would make sense if we had both slammed Trump for this and I demanded you explain why you do not support this plan, but then I refused to explain why I do not support it.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Lol Rob this is a perfect example of the nonsense you pull. You say I don't have an answer at all. But I didn't disagree with what Trump is doing lol. You acted like you didn't approve and thus I asked you what you would do differently. I never said I don't approve, so what answer is there to give you besides...well, I never said I didn't approve?

Explain this, because your post would make sense if we had both slammed Trump for this and I demanded you explain why you do not support this plan, but then I refused to explain why I do not support it.

Another of your brave non committal stances, "I didn't say I agreed!"... "I didn't say I disagreed!". Cowardice in full view.

I already explained: we had issues with when private military services were employed in Iraq, so I question whether doing that again but on an even larger scale would be wise. ie "let's not repeat past mistakes"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another of your brave non committal stances, "I didn't say I agreed!"... "I didn't say I disagreed!". Cowardice.

Lol is this seriously the shit you're going to pull every time when proven wrong?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:49 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So dodge what I said and claim victory. Good coward's tactic.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:52 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So dodge what I said and claim victory. Good coward's tactic.

Lol you completely dodged what I said with your whining about cowardice...because I merely pointed out that unlike you I never said I did not agree.

How are you not a coward? You don't even have the balls to admit the stupid shit you said, so you try to negate it by getting triggered because your question made no sense.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As noted, you didn't agree and you didn't disagree with Trump, you just whined because I said privatizing war isn't necessarily a good idea, considering what happened in Iraq when we did that in part. You're coward; everyone can see. Get more mad now.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:14 PM
Flyattractor

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:53 PM