KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How would you propose making America's schools safe against school shootings?

How would you propose making America's schools safe against school shootings?
Started by: The Lost

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gehenna
Sorgo

How would you propose making America's schools safe against school shootings?

It is obviously an issue and I am curious to see what people who are a part of this community would propose when it comes to increasing safety and decreasing loss of life concerning school shootings/massacres.

Would you propose a ban on assault weapons? Tighter gun control? Stricter background checks? Arming teachers? Metal detectors? A combination of two or more of these? Something else?

Discuss.

(NOTE: I know there is an American school shooting thread in the GDF already but I was hoping to hear what people would say regarding this specifically.)

Nothing ever ends.

Last edited by Gehenna on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:42 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

1-2 entrance and exits, hardened armed security, metal detectors, ID cards in and out of the entrances and exits. These are simple things that can be done, that would go a long way.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:44 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

armed guards and detection equipment at the entrance(s)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:52 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

So this is only about stopping the killers from using guns?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:52 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

All a gun free zone means, is all the good guys have no guns.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:53 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I think providing some fire extinguishers for each hallway or classroom... It isn't expensive and it's a great and non-lethal weapon. You just quickly gas the fvcker then knock him out.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:54 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
I think providing some fire extinguishers for each hallway or classroom... It isn't expensive and it's a great and non-lethal weapon. You just quickly gas the fvcker then knock him out.

Those are already there. Kids underfire, and people in general dont think "grab the fire extinguisher." Neither would you, you would think, duck, cover and hide.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Since guns are not going away, I'd say have armed security on campus, but even then that can not matter as Parkland had an armed guard on campus the day of the shooting. So maybe better trained armed guards and/or more of them. Non PTSD vets and/or ex-law enforcement would be ideal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Since guns are not going away, I'd say have armed security on campus, but even then that can not matter as Parkland had an armed guard on campus the day of the shooting. So maybe better trained armed guards and/or more of them. Non PTSD vets and/or ex-law enforcement would be ideal.

Wow look at this discrimination right here, guess how many Cops, FBI and law enforcement agents have PTSD?

MOST OF THEM.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

And cops, FBI and other law enforcement have to pass psychological screenings and tests...

You weirdo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Silent Master
So this is only about stopping the killers from using guns?
i think that keeping an air tight gaurd of the perimeter is way more sensible preparation than preparing for gunfights in the hallways and classrooms. *shrug*

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:15 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Who said anything about preparing for gunfights in the hallway or classrooms?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:18 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

trump

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:22 PM
Silent Master

Ah, well he's a moron.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:25 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

and no he didn't say the words "gunfights in the hallways," but he proposed conceal and carry for faculty, with no mention that i can recall of keeping these shooters from entering the building. simple conclusion.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:27 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Genetically engineer all children to have bulletproof skin.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:27 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

my idea would take less time and resources.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:28 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
my idea would take less time and resources.

What if the guard kills everyone?
What if the shooter kills the guard first?
What if the guard is off sick and they can't get a replacement?
What if the equipment breaks and the school can't afford to replace it?

If you can't 100% guarantee the safety of every single person then there's no point in even trying any of it.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:34 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
And cops, FBI and other law enforcement have to pass psychological screenings and tests...

You weirdo.

PTSD doesn't disqualify you from law enforcement you idiot, keep discriminating tho.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:35 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by jaden101
What if the guard kills everyone?
What if the shooter kills the guard first?
What if the guard is off sick and they can't get a replacement?
What if the equipment breaks and the school can't afford to replace it?

If you can't 100% guarantee the safety of every single person then there's no point in even trying any of it.
well yeah but what if we end up genetically engineering a bullet proof school shooter. then what do we do?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 06:37 PM