KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Appealment Of the 2nd Amendment

The Appealment Of the 2nd Amendment
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

The Appealment Of the 2nd Amendment

My question is this.

With all the protest going around, and feeling and emotions running things, and not facts and truth. what If Congress is so sick does decide to appeal the second Amendment. So what’s to stop Congress from bowing to pressure again and appeal other Amendments?

What’s to stop actually racist, bigots, sexist and all around phobics to run and win, and begins to appeal the 13th, and anything that has to do with women being equal to men? And anything else they don’t like?

I know this is just a way out there scenario, but play along.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 02:34 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah that is a bit far out there, if shit was being repealed, it'd be more likely the racists and bigots would want to repeal the first amendment so they could make very selectively applied hate speech laws and compel people to use certain pronouns.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 02:37 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Good old slippery slope argument.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 02:48 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly wouldn't give a shit at this point. Americans have lost their right to the Bill of Rights as far as I'm concerned. I'm confident the founding fathers would agree if they could pop out of their graves and see how society has declined.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 02:50 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did anyone the NYT article about removing the second ammentdemet yesterday? Seems its more then a slippery slope.

To the OP qquestion though, it takes more then an act of congress, it takes 2/3 of the house and senate and then 2/3 of all states for a constiutional ammendement.

But why would anyone want everyones guns taken away, then only the police, military and Trump has all the guns.thumb up

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 02:52 PM
Emperordmp is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmp a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
As I understand it, repealing the Second Amendment wouldn't ban guns. It would simply eliminate the sense of entitlement to them that causes such push-back to any attempt to regulate them.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 02:59 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The 2nd amendment is never going to get repealed. That's another leftist pipe dream I'd suggest they let go of, but which I know they won't.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Nephthys
Good old slippery slope argument.

Question. If the 2nd amendment were repealed, how much easier would it be to start banning guns one by one?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:10 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Question. If the 2nd amendment were repealed, how much easier would it be to start banning guns one by one?

about as easy as banning cars

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:13 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Neph himself admits he wants all guns in the US banned, don’t expect anything he says to make anyone comfortable about keeping the right to bare arms.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:14 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
about as easy as banning cars

Somehow, I doubt that.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:17 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think if the country had gotten to the point of repealing the 2nd amendment there'd like be enough push to start banning the heavier duty stuff and going down the list of whats actually sensible to have in the hands of civilians. Also without the ability to just shriek that they have the rights to any firearm they want it'd be easier to do it in general.

Ammunition control is also something to seriously think about.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Neph himself admits he wants all guns in the US banned, don’t expect anything he says to make anyone comfortable about keeping the right to bare arms.

And I mean...there was that landmark decision that came about in 2008.

Wasn't the thing that sparked that the fact DC tried to ban handguns?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I’m all for sensical gun regulations. Raising legal age for gun ownership. Mental health and background checks. Why the over-reach on the anti-gun side these days? You know there is no way gun owners would come to the table if you approach from such an extreme position?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:20 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I don’t agree with raising the gun age. I strongly abject to that type of shit because if you are able to be tried as an adult in a court of law, or drafted, or in general to be considered a legal adult, you should get all of the rights at that age.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’m all for sensical gun regulations. Raising legal age for gun ownership. Mental health and background checks. Why the over-reach on the anti-gun side these days? You know there is no way gun owners would come to the table if you approach from such an extreme position?

Why do you want to raise the legal age though? Consider the following scenario: a 19 yr. old woman has moved into her own apartment. It is in a dangerous neighborhood and she wants to purchase a handgun. Shouldn't she be able to do so?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:23 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I agree with DMB, why not repeal both?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:24 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Because we don’t want to be the country that criminally punished someone for making a ****ing joke on YouTube.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:26 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Why do you want to raise the legal age though? Consider the following scenario: a 19 yr. old woman has moved into her own apartment. It is in a dangerous neighborhood and she wants to purchase a handgun. Shouldn't she be able to do so?
its a woman now, soon it will be a 19 year old pensioner with cerebral palsy

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:27 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Because we don’t want to be the country that criminally punished someone for making a ****ing joke on YouTube.

Bingo, f*ck the UK for doing that.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:27 PM