KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Free Surtur

#FreeSurtur
This poll is closed.
I sign the petition 15 3.49%
I do not sign it 8 1.86%
BackFire is sexy AF 19 4.42%
Robtard puts gerbils in his ass 388 90.23%
Total: 430 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Free Surtur
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Free Surtur

I'm someone who has seen a lot of people violating forum rules, being unproductive as far as discussion goes, and just all around doing nothing but being provocative and getting away with it. Surtur can be a little edgy sometimes, but he is someone who actually argues for his positions, and nothing I've seen from him strikes me as anything outside of the norm for posting on this forum.

People have insulted each other on KMC, told other posters to kill themselves, and all around just said pretty terrible things before, and anything Surtur said to Backfire is extremely tame by the standards KMC has let people say on the forum without getting banned.

The idea that Surtur should get permanently banned for getting into an argument with a moderator seems ridiculous to me, so consider this a petition.

Edit: And I feel like I need to clarify this so it doesn't get taken the wrong way, this post is not aimed as an insult, but a criticism. I'm not trying to start a revolt or revolution against the mods or some shit, just make a thread for people to express their opinions.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 03:53 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Re: Free Surtur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm someone who has seen a lot of people violating forum rules, being unproductive as far as discussion goes, and just all around doing nothing but being provocative and getting away with it. Surtur can be a little edgy sometimes, but he is someone who actually argues for his positions, and nothing I've seen from him strikes me as anything outside of the norm for posting on this forum.

People have insulted each other on KMC, told other posters to kill themselves, and all around just said pretty terrible things before, and anything Surtur said to Backfire is extremely tame by the standards KMC has let people say on the forum without getting banned.

The idea that Surtur should get permanently banned for getting into an argument with a moderator seems ridiculous to me, so consider this a petition.

Edit: And I feel like I need to clarify this so it doesn't get taken the wrong way, this post is not aimed as an insult, but a criticism. I'm not trying to start a revolt or revolution against the mods or some shit, just make a thread for people to express their opinions.

Emperordmb is revolting, and he wants you’re vote.

Revolve! Revolve!

But seriously, I agree this is stupid. If a mod is going to debate, then he shouldn’t be allowed to use his powers to ban the one that disagrees with him.

So yeah, unbanned Surtur, because it’s both stupid, and abuse of power.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:01 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Surt wasn't permabanned. He got 13days for acting like a fool. But sure, him and Jesus are the same.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Robtard
Surt wasn't permabanned. He got 13days for acting like a fool. But sure, him and Jesus are the same.

Not the point guy.

He got banned because he argued with a mod. Right or wrong, as long as he didn’t break any form of rules, he shouldn’t be banned.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:05 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by SquallX
Not the point guy.

He got banned because he argued with a mod. Right or wrong, as long as he didn’t break any form of rules, he shouldn’t be banned.

He directly attacked a Mod, calling him a "hypocrite" and then refused to cite a single example when asked; that's all he had to do to avoid a ban, cite a single example. But he couldn't. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
$urtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He directly attacked a Mod, calling him a "hypocrite" and then refused to cite a single example when asked; that's all he had to do to avoid a ban, cite a single example. But he couldn't. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Copy and paste me the rule that says if you give an opinion about a mod you need to cite examples. Go!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:10 PM
$urtur is currently offline Click here to Send $urtur a Private Message Find more posts by $urtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If he doesn't provide the example to back his opinion... well... that could be problematic...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:11 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
$urtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If he doesn't provide the example to back his opinion... well... that could be problematic...

Ban worthy, even.

Now is where we separate the bias from the non bias. Can the people who dislike me set aside that dislike and admit that there isn't a damn thing in the rules about "if you give an opinion about a mod you need to justify it"?

And note: he didn't ban me for criticizing him, so that excuse doesn't fly.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:12 PM
$urtur is currently offline Click here to Send $urtur a Private Message Find more posts by $urtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

My opinion on what now?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:12 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Moderators
Moderators are a group of volunteers who help maintain order on the forums. They help enforce the rules and make sure the forums are a fun place to be. Please remember that moderators are humans and not robots and if they make a decision that you disagree with you cannot argue with them in public. Instead contact them privately to resolve the matter, or contact the Administrator.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:13 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by $urtur
Copy and paste me the rule that says if you give an opinion about a mod you need to cite examples. Go!
Originally posted by $urtur
Ban worthy, even.

Now is where we separate the bias from the non bias. Can the people who dislike me set aside that dislike and admit that there isn't a damn thing in the rules about "if you give an opinion about a mod you need to justify it"?

And note: he didn't ban me for criticizing him, so that excuse doesn't fly.

If you're going to sock (and that's fine, imo), at least try and be a reasonable sock, sport.

$urtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Moderators
Moderators are a group of volunteers who help maintain order on the forums. They help enforce the rules and make sure the forums are a fun place to be. Please remember that moderators are humans and not robots and if they make a decision that you disagree with you cannot argue with them in public. Instead contact them privately to resolve the matter, or contact the Administrator.

And he didn't say I was banned for that. And he also invited me several times to criticize him further in the topic(and yes, explaining it would have included more criticism).

Did you want to try again?

$urtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you're going to sock (and that's fine, imo), at least try and be a reasonable sock, sport.

Copy and paste the rule that shows if you say something about a mod you need to justify it. Why is it hard?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:14 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Nephthys
Moderators

Bingo. /thread

Which is exactly what BF tried, to take it to PM. But Surt could not stop playing his "baby games", as he is now.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:15 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Oh yeah Surt you might wanna save those links I gave you in PMs to somewhere other than PMs if you ever plan on using them since, you know, you can't access PMs of a banned account and I have no other contact info for you.

$urtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bingo. /thread

Which is exactly what BF tried, to take it to PM. But Surt could not stop playing his "baby games".

Nope, he said post it in the thread or take it to PM.

He did not say I was banned for criticism, so how is it a bingo?

Adam_PoE

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:16 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
$urtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah Surt you might wanna save those links I gave you in PMs to somewhere other than PMs if you ever plan on using them since, you know, you can't access PMs of a banned account and I have no other contact info for you.

Don't worry I saved it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:16 PM
$urtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
(please log in to view the image)

It's good you changed the original photo you posted.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Dude, Neph just plugged your ass with facts. Here's what you need to do:

A) Take the two weeks off and do some soul searching and then come back not playing your "baby games"

or

B) Keep socking, but be a reasonable sock

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 04:18 PM