KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030

Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030

BBC
Fortune CNBC

This is going to happen in our lifetime, what can we do to stop it?

1. Population Control?
2. Tax Automation?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 11:06 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Do a Title IX type thing where for every job a robot is doing, you have to hire a human too.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 03:02 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's been happening in our lifetime. This is simply an escalation of the problem.

At some point, they'll figure out a way to automate jobs at the center of the immigration debate, too. Then the issue will go away.. Immigrants won't come here, because there's no jobs for people.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 03:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Idk man... In some ways I like talking to people.

Can you imagine going to a food restaurant and having a robot serve you? No people in the back? It'd be the creepiest and the weirdest.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 04:53 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
It's been happening in our lifetime. This is simply an escalation of the problem.

At some point, they'll figure out a way to automate jobs at the center of the immigration debate, too. Then the issue will go away.. Immigrants won't come here, because there are no jobs for people.

Automation typically replaces low wage job.

Janitorial, seamstresses, fast food, waitresses and waiters, trash pick up, taxi/uber/lyft ridesharing just off the top of my head is what can be replaced with robots.

Even mid-range work, building cars, houses, can be replaced by machines, 3D printers.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:17 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
Do a Title IX type thing where for every job a robot is doing, you have to hire a human too.

Plus now if a robot gets accused of rape the robot can question its accuser. Thanks Betsy!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Automation typically replaces low wage job.

Janitorial, seamstresses, fast food, waitresses and waiters, trash pick up, taxi/uber/lyft ridesharing just off the top of my head is what can be replaced with robots.

Even mid-range work, building cars, houses, can be replaced by machines, 3D printers.

Idea: you know all those shitty jobs that those on the left say americans are unwilling to do, so illegals do them?

Why not get robots to do those jobs? I mean if we aren't gonna have an American doing it I'd rather have a robot. The robot isn't gonna send the money it earns back to Mexico. Nor will they commit crimes, etc.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

A robot could replace those jobs, and it would take the burden from those people.

But we have to think about population, If the earth's population keeps growing, we will run out of resources.

I think we could suffer the same fate as Krypton honestly.

What about artifical population control?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
A robot could replace those jobs, and it would take the burden from those people.

But we have to think about population, If the earth's population keeps growing, we will run out of resources.

I think we could suffer the same fate as Krypton honestly.

What about artifical population control?

And how would we control the population? The only way would be to make it illegal to have more than 1 kid. Do we really wanna become like China?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:38 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Surt doesn't have to worry about a robot taking his job.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:48 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Surt doesn't have to worry about a robot taking his job.

Indeed I'm irreplaceable, good point b*tch t*ts thumb up

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:03 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
And how would we control the population? The only way would be to make it illegal to have more than 1 kid. Do we really wanna become like China?

Dont know.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:04 PM
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

finally

now just introduce UBI and i can finally neet in peace

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:11 PM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We gotta figure out how to transfer human consciousness into robots. Problem solved.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:13 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed I'm irreplaceable, good point b*tch t*ts thumb up
little puny Incel gimp, you will never have a job, kids or any life offline. You are what you are a complete loser, repulsive to women and men alike.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:13 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

little puny Incel gimp, you will never have a job, kids or any life offline. You are what you are a complete loser, repulsive to women and men alike.

Whatever helps you cope b*tch t*ts, perhaps get back on topic? Don't worry, your cowardly self can continue to obsess over me in other threads.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:17 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whatever helps you cope b*tch t*ts, perhaps get back on topic? Don't worry, you can continue to obsess over me in other threads.
you are a self admitted cuck, on disability with no education. Why would anyone obsess over you? Your ex even ****ed you.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:19 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

you are a self admitted cuck, on disability with no education. Why would anyone obsess over you? Your ex even ****ed you.

I'm clearly in your head 24/7, you literally can't stop yourself from posting comments about me in threads that have nothing at all to do with me lol. And this is after just a few days ago you were whining like a b*tch and going "can't we all just stop this?". Now you've derailed another thread due to your obsession.

El oh El.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 12th, 2019 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:23 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm clearly in your head 24/7, you literally can't stop yourself from posting comments about me in threads that have nothing at all to do with me lol.
kid your deflections fail. I have a life, you have nothing. No job, no kids, no education, no physicality, have you ever succeeded at anything. You come on here and talk about things you will never be part of like the workplace or in a relationship. I pity you.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:26 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you guys take this elsewhere please

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:26 PM