KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Slavery Reparations would cost $17.1 trillion

Slavery Reparations would cost $17.1 trillion
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Slavery Reparations would cost $17.1 trillion

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 01:56 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unacceptable, and did you hear about this "gay reparations" stuff too?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 01:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Can the families of the Northerners get reparations for fighting in the Civil War to end Slavery, as well?

Based on the death count, inflation, future value, disability, and pain and suffering, I did a massive amount of math to come up with the true cost of reparations for the families of the North:

$32.56 trillion

That's a conservative estimate (pun not intended). The reparations must be paid by the black population (not recent immigrants) and the Southern States.

To be fair, we can just subtract the cost of reparations for slavery from that balance and we are left with $15.46 trillion. The cost should be split 50-50 between the non-immigrant-black community and the Southern States.

Based on my estimate, I am owed $30,920*2 for each of my ancestors who fought in the Civil War on the side of the North and died. That's a low-ball figure, as you can tell.

So when do I get my check?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 02:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Hasn't that been paid for in full in terms of welfare over the years after slavery was abolished?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 02:33 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apparently there is a Supreme Court ruling that states the US govemrnet is not responsible to repay for historical injustices. So I think it’s a moot point,

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 02:41 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

So no one is asking for reparations in financial terms using this metric and reparations like this can't be given anyway in this way...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 03:33 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Reparations for slavery is silly; that ship has sailed a long time ago. Still, one could make a case for reparations for Jim Crow.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 04:27 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Can the families of the Northerners get reparations for fighting in the Civil War to end Slavery, as well?

Based on the death count, inflation, future value, disability, and pain and suffering, I did a massive amount of math to come up with the true cost of reparations for the families of the North:

$32.56 trillion

That's a conservative estimate (pun not intended). The reparations must be paid by the black population (not recent immigrants) and the Southern States.

To be fair, we can just subtract the cost of reparations for slavery from that balance and we are left with $15.46 trillion. The cost should be split 50-50 between the non-immigrant-black community and the Southern States.

Based on my estimate, I am owed $30,920*2 for each of my ancestors who fought in the Civil War on the side of the North and died. That's a low-ball figure, as you can tell.

So when do I get my check?

That's already been paid tenfold through 150+ years of White privilege.

Where you can walk down the street and a cop won't pull over and ask you what you're doing and do you have any drugs/weapons on you.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 28th, 2019 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 04:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

Where you can walk down the street and a cop won't pull over and ask you what you're doing and do you have any drugs/weapons on you.
Waits for some racial sterotyping and bigoted response in reply.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 04:49 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

"White privilege". LOL The retarded ass go-to response from snowflakes who hate white people and think they are the cause of all the world's problems... smh.

There's no such thing as white privilege.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jun 28th, 2019 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:03 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The calculation takes this into consideration.

Without the white-privilege variable, the cost skyrockets up to $44 trillion. Since most people on the right and in the middle would disagree with how heavily I weighted white privilege because most of white privilege is actually a racist myth (racist against colored and white alike), my estimates are far too generous to the racist people who tout "white-privilege" as a legitimate civil talking point.

In other words, you're welcome.

Also, the reparations can only be paid to people who have provable direct ancestors who fought on the side of the North. So, likely, that payback pool will be even smaller and the individual payouts much larger. I will recommend a "proof" window of 6 months. That way, any and all people who try to generate proof outside of that window will not get another chance and the question of reparations will never again be viable.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:28 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Nice.

So I guess those white people that lives in poverty and close to it forgot they have white privilege?

It’s people and your ilk with that mind set that’s continues to **** race relations in this country. This goes for any race by the way.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:33 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The calculation takes this into consideration.

Without the white-privilege variable, the cost skyrockets up to $44 trillion. Since most people on the right and in the middle would disagree with how heavily I weighted white privilege because most of white privilege is actually a racist myth (racist against colored and white alike), my estimates are far too generous to the racist people who tout "white-privilege" as a legitimate civil talking point.

In other words, you're welcome.

Also, the reparations can only be paid to people who have provable direct ancestors who fought on the side of the North. So, likely, that payback pool will be even smaller and the individual payouts much larger. I will recommend a "proof" window of 6 months. That way, any and all people who try to generate proof outside of that window will not get another chance and the question of reparations will never again be viable.
150+ years of White privilege is worth 165+ trillion, so your numbers are off.

And that only counting White Privilege after slavery ended, if we were to count White Privilege since the found of America, that's easily over 500 trillion, compounding and such.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

That’s happened to me a couple times actually. So where’s my money at?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:38 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

150+ years of White privilege is worth 165+ trillion, so your numbers are off.

That's where you're wrong. The accumulative wealth for the US doesn't exceed $75 trillion since then so I can tell you're just making numbers up to win a pretend argument. lol

And that only counting White Privilege after slavery ended, if we were to count White Privilege since the found of America, that's easily over 500 trillion, compounding and such.

Right, all accounted for already in the calculation where the less than 2% of slave owners were from the South: remember that 50% of the reparations are due from the Southern States who fought against the North. You didn't think this point through, did you? smile

Also, this is before I've weighted the entirely-not-white-privilege of indentured servitude of my ancestors, against the North. Or else we are looking at draining the cumulative wealth of the US completely.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That's where you're wrong. The accumulative wealth for the US doesn't exceed $75 trillion since then so I can tell you're just making numbers up to win a pretend argument. lol

Right, all accounted for already in the calculation where the less than 2% of slave owners were from the South: remember that 50% of the reparations are due from the Southern States who fought against the North. You didn't think this point through, did you? smile

Also, this is before I've weighted the entirely-not-white-privilege of indentured servitude of my ancestors, against the North. Or else we are looking at draining the cumulative wealth of the US completely.

Accumulative wealth is irrelevant to what is owed. eg You can sue someone for a billion dollars, but if they don't have it and have zero means to get it, you're not getting it. You also didn't account for inflation it seems. Never forget inflation, DDM.

You're assuming one had to be a slave owner or descendant of a slave owner to have benefited from the 243 years of White Privilege, this is a faulty assumption.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ares834
That’s happened to me a couple times actually. So where’s my money at?

You're just saying this.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:44 PM
dadudemon

Accumulative wealth is irrelevant to what is owed.

That's incorrect. That's how now damages are awarded. Since slavery never happened to anyone alive from the pre-Civil War Era and none of my dead Northerner Veterans are alive, no punative damages can be awarded: only inflation and future value costs not to exceed the cumulative wealth of the nation: it still has to exist. You can't idiotically bankrupt the nation like you're trying to do.

You also didn't account for inflation it seems. Never forget inflation, DDM.

I did:

$32.56 trillion.

Man, I'm good.

You're assuming one had to be a slave owner or descendant of a slave owner to have benefited from the 243 years of White Privilege, this is a faulty assumption.

You're incorrect on both your years and your "privilege."

Slavery existed in the US since the 1600s.

But my ancestors arrived in the 1700s, were not slaver owners, lived in non-slave owning states, and fought against slave ownership since the beginning. We used our own wealth to finance the abolitionist movement, as well.

Indentured servitude was a problem for some of my ancestors so we experienced the exact opposite of white privilege. If you want to bring in white privilege, most of which is a myth, then the indentured servitude costs vastly outweigh even liberal estimates of applicable white privilege.

Face it: reparations are owed to me for the sacrifices we made for this country. Black people and the Southern States owe me a massive reparations check for all the blood, money, sweat, and tears we put into this nation.

You are part of the people who benefited from my ancestors being enslaved.

Also, I'm likely 2%-5% black. So my reparations payment will be reduced a bit.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 06:14 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
Nice.

So I guess those white people that lives in poverty and close to it forgot they have white privilege?

It’s people and your ilk with that mind set that’s continues to **** race relations in this country. This goes for any race by the way.

Great post and spot-on. thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 06:31 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So I did some numbers, 12-ish percent of 329-ish million is 41-ish million. That's how many-ish Black people are in the US. That's going to be a lot of high-end billionaires in the US and since we know billionaires are good for the economy, especially when we give them the biggest tax breaks, well, it all makes sense to do it.

Though the 41million isn't correct, as not every Black person in the US is a descendant of US slaves, some migrated long after. So that just means more ish for a smaller amount of people.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 06:35 PM