KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why did democrats start the KKK?

Why did democrats start the KKK?
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why did democrats start the KKK?

Why did Democrats start the KKK?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 11:37 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Because they lost the Civil War and wanted political power. They were terrorists.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 11:38 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Because they are racist

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 11:45 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Oh, right. I forgot the racism part.

Racism definitely had a lot to do with it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 11:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why were they racist?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:11 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

you guys do know that the parties essentially switched sides/platforms during the civil rights movement of 50/60's
I mean congressmen literally left the Democrat and became Republicans so they could preserve/conserv segregation and oppressive laws?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:18 AM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tru-marvell
you guys do know that the parties essentially switched sides/platforms during the civil rights movement of 50/60's
I mean congressmen literally left the Democrat and became Republicans so they could preserve/conserv segregation and oppressive laws?

Do you have a list of the congressman who switched sides? The actual names.

Best I can find is almost all the dixiecrats went back to being dems.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:22 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

LoL@ " the parties switched sides!" typical bullshit argument from those on the left.

Oh leftists... smh. You all get so much practice at lying that it's like breathing to y'all now. Nah, they never switched sides. That is a left-wing lie meant to deflect from the democrats' disgusting past.

It reminds me of "the Nazis were right-wing!" lie that they love pushing.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jun 15th, 2020 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:29 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

sorry I can only confirm 3 right now
trom Thurmond, John Connally and Mills E. Godwin Jr.
I don't have much on file so I'll have to do some research...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:34 AM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Why did democrats start the KKK?

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Why did Democrats start the KKK?

Because they were sore losers who wanted to take their anger out on black people.

They are and always have been a political arm of the democrat party. Of course today they're more or less a joke compared to democrats' new weapon: Antifa thugs.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jun 15th, 2020 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:39 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

of course they know, they are right wing trolls. Facts don't matter to them. They are getting banned from most places on the web, old small message boards are all they have left to post on.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:44 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

To give their republican friends something to do.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:47 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

Ok I just read a couple of article....gotta be real careful about superficial online searches...but i read one which brought back to mind things I learned and should have retained from 30 years ago.

Not a long read but very balanced in it's presentation
https://freedomsjournalinstitute.or...ts-and-the-gop/

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:53 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because they are race hating political tyrants. Wolves hiding in sheep’s clothing.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:59 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Parties have never switched sides.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 01:07 AM
Artol

Switched sides is a misnomer, but they did evolve in their policies to appeal to different demographics. So it makes little sense to look at the past parties and copy their world view one to one to the current ones. The Democrats today are not the party that was aligned with the KKK, but neither is it the party that was aligned with FDR and the New Deal. And neither are the Republicans the same party of Abraham Lincoln. Making such comparisons is much to simplistic. We have to look at current policies, and for sure, we must also look at the historic circumstances that led to the gradual changes that had us arrive at the point we are now.

To give an answer as to why Democrats of the time were aligned with the KKK, it's mainly an economic and political incentive that centered racism and the subjugation of black people after the loss in the Civil War, I'd say.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 01:12 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

The real question is why they all left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 01:17 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

It's the same reason, racism and economic pressure has made it convenient for parts of the Republican establishment to cater to the racists that before would vote for Democrats.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 01:19 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope, the democrat party of today is the exact same democrat party of the 1860's. LoL@ butthurt leftists who're upset that people don't buy into "The Big Switch" lie.

Sorry, leftists, no amount of dancing, spinning, ducking, dodging, and mental gymnastics is gonna change the fact that the same democrat party of today is the exact same party that created the KKK.

Not gonna happen.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 01:30 AM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Nope, the democrat party of today is the exact same democrat party of the 1860's. LoL@ butthurt leftists who're upset that people don't buy into "The Big Switch" lie.

Sorry, leftists, no amount of dancing, spinning, ducking, dodging, and mental gymnastics is gonna change the fact that the same democrat party of today is the exact same party that created the KKK.

Not gonna happen.

Then you should be cool with Democrats wanting to take down Confederate monuments, correct?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 01:31 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote