KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DC's Plastic Man Film Changes Screenwriter, Will Have Female Lead

DC's Plastic Man Film Changes Screenwriter, Will Have Female Lead
Started by: wxyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

DC's Plastic Man Film Changes Screenwriter, Will Have Female Lead

https://www.cbr.com/plastic-man-fil...ko-female-lead/

You're a misogynist if you disagree.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 12:46 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Re: DC's Plastic Man Film Changes Screenwriter, Will Have Female Lead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wxyz
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

interesting

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:03 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Feminists like to ruin everything that men enjoy.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:07 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
interesting
My sentiments, exactly.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:18 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I guess it's okay to cast a man as Wonder Woman then?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:25 AM
dadudemon

Re: DC's Plastic Man Film Changes Screenwriter, Will Have Female Lead

It's labeled as a comedic action adventure. Women are leading the writing charge. I expect it to be okay. So here's hoping they make a good Mr. Fantastic. I mean Stretch Armstrong. I mean Plastic Man.

Give it a chance and let them succeed or fail, I say. Judge based on the content of the movie and not the gender of the writers, right?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:31 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one is complaining about the sex of the writers.

It's the fact that Plastic MAN will have a female lead.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:34 AM
dadudemon

Oh.

I read this in the article and assumed it meant the writing team is being "woman led":

quote:
The planned film based on DC Comics' Plastic Man has found a new screenwriter, with the project now being described as a "female-leading vehicle."

Per The Hollywood Reporter, screenwriter Cat Vasko has been tapped to pen the Plastic Man movie for DC. Two years ago, in December of 2018, it was reported that a Plastic Man film described as a "comedic action-adventure" was in the works from screenwriter Amanda Idoko, with Warner Bros. confirming the news several days later.

Cat Vasko is known for writing the 2015 film Grrl Scouts. In addition to the Plastic Man movie, the up-and-coming screenwriter is attached to a number of projects currently in development as well, including Queen of the Air, Life After Life, Consume and Lady Death.

I didn't read anything in there about Plastic Man being cast with a female actor. I assume that the phrase is about the project being led by women.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

W
T
F

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:37 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

I took it to mean they're casting a female to lead the film.

I was aware the writer is female.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:41 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, Plastic Woman?

Or is a woman still being called Plastic Man, or what?

I'd click the link to find out, but then I'd have to visit CBR.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:51 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

So I guess it's okay to cast a man as Wonder Woman then?

well there is a comic book character called Wonder Man...

also do you bother to know what comic book is???

there is a character called Elasti Girl which this could be about

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 02:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Yeah, it just means female writer(s) leading the project. Not sure why this is news, when it was announced in 2018, it was said that Amanda Idoko was the writer. Is it a female-only writing team or something, or is Amanda no longer a part of it?

"Female-leading vehicle" is a weird term, though.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 02:30 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

For the love of....

Didn't these stupid a holes get the message yet with Ghostbuster 2016, Star Wars and the latest Terminator? How about this, be creative and make original movies with a female lead. Anyone remember Ripley in the Alien franchise?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 10:20 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

So, Elasti-girl wasn't enough?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 12:51 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

At university, I did an article about representation of women in films. I Had to choose a female director, I chose Penny Marshall. Mostly because she was in Laverne and Shirly, so I thought it was a good idea to have someone who started out as a "tobelookedatness" as stated by Laura Mulvey, to then move up into a senior role in film-making. After discussing her career, the films I picked were A league of their own 1992 and Riding in cars with boys 2001 both of which accentuated struggles that women face, the former being women's sport, the latter being women's career aspects.

I got a high mark and was well respected. smile So, yeah, I don't know what this article is about, I just wanted to toot my own horn.

Having said that, and this is a more to the contextual point of the thread, it's better for a woman to direct a film about women as they know what a woman is.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:31 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing
For the love of....

Didn't these stupid a holes get the message yet with Ghostbuster 2016, Star Wars and the latest Terminator? How about this, be creative and make original movies with a female lead. Anyone remember Ripley in the Alien franchise?

Niche director gonna niche.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

At least they didn't say a "girl" lead with plastic folks the possibilities are endless, so many possibilities!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:52 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
At university, I did an article about representation of women in films. I Had to choose a female director, I chose Penny Marshall. Mostly because she was in Laverne and Shirly, so I thought it was a good idea to have someone who started out as a "tobelookedatness" as stated by Laura Mulvey, to then move up into a senior role in film-making. After discussing her career, the films I picked were A league of their own 1992 and Riding in cars with boys 2001 both of which accentuated struggles that women face, the former being women's sport, the latter being women's career aspects.

I got a high mark and was well respected. smile So, yeah, I don't know what this article is about, I just wanted to toot my own horn.

Having said that, and this is a more to the contextual point of the thread, it's better for a woman to direct a film about women as they know what a woman is.
"I don't know what this article is about?"

I'm a ****ing idiot. What I meant to say was "I don't know what this thread is about"

head
hit
keyboard.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 02:41 PM
Flyattractor

At least we won't have to worry about this movie going to theaters.
Thanks WB!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 10:35 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote