KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What books would make great film or TV?

What books would make great film or TV?
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

What books would make great film or TV?

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog...ame-of-thrones/

I agree with Barnes and noble, with Foundation (which I am enjoying on TV) and Dune coming in film, isn't it time the saga of exiles made it to a screen?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 09:20 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

The sci-fi works by George R. R. Martin or Iain M. Banks would be interesting to see be adapted into movies and/or TV shows.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 11:07 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The sci-fi works by George R. R. Martin or Iain M. Banks would be interesting to see be adapted into movies and/or TV shows.
I don't disagree, I'd love to see the Culture on screen. Ship minds, orbitals etc.

I think Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever would be awesome, especially if they looked at Lord Fouls influence in this world.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 11:20 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Always wanted to see a film adaptation of We, the Russian novel, even though I'm not too sure it'd translate well to the screen, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time as well, it's sort of heart-warming and a bit sad at the same time. The comic book series 100 Bullets seems like it was written with the hope of it becoming a TV show in mind and I hope it does, excellent read.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 01:27 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Saga Of The Exiles has been planned for a while but seems to be stuck in a kind of limbo for the last 5 years, same with the planned Mega-City One show.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 01:30 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
Always wanted to see a film adaptation of We, the Russian novel, even though I'm not too sure it'd translate well to the screen, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time as well, it's sort of heart-warming and a bit sad at the same time. The comic book series 100 Bullets seems like it was written with the hope of it becoming a TV show in mind and I hope it does, excellent read.
never read we, read the others mind and solid choices. I did not know that about the saga of exiles.

I still think Slaine and Miracleman would be good on screen and different for comics.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 02:19 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Vatican Bloodbath by Tommy Udo

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 05:20 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I read a time maze book 📕. I don’t remember who wrote it but it was good.
Also a book called MD. It was about a deadly disease 🦠. That was well written.
Holistic accentuated ability like Neanderthals might make a good docudrama. Like networking can transits and transmit a message.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 05:33 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

I've always thought the Infinity Gauntlet from Marvel Comics would be a cool story.

But to do it right, they'd need to do it over the course of a few years with multiple movies to build up.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 05:41 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I’d like too see The Hood in a marvel movie. Making the Villans deadly. It could be based on Little Red Riding hood.

Attachment: 9f213f7c-01b7-42e0-9a46-16b871a5be91.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 05:50 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Maybe The Hood organizing villans against Misty Knight running control.

Attachment: 96a6264a-0c03-4ee8-a555-b384886927e7.jpeg

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 05:53 PM
snowdragon

I always thought Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony would have made a good netflix type series probably amazon series they are grittier.

Or some of his early books from the Xanth series.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 06:35 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Originally posted by snowdragon
I always thought Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony would have made a good netflix type series probably amazon series they are grittier.

Or some of his early books from the Xanth series.

Definitely. I think magic 🪄 is regenerative. A simple way to associate levels of abilities.

Attachment: 04e628c5-2d22-4942-8bbd-2456034e1bc3.jpeg

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 06:45 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I would love to see Blood Meridian actually be made into a movie. It would be very difficult but in the hands of a talented film maker able to do the book justice it could be brilliant.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 09:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

An anthology movie of short stories by Richard Matheson.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 10:00 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Oracle Year.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 10:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Someone needs to revisit the horror work of F. Paul Wilson. His novel The Keep got adapted into a movie by Michael Mann in 1983, but it got butchered in the editing and post production and bombed. It's part of a long series of books he did, all connected and spanning generations. I think a lengthy Netflix series would do it justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(Wilson_novel)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 01:50 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

The books of magic would be a cool series.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 04:29 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever would be a good Netflix series...only Thomas is such a whinny *****...though the other characters are top notch

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 07:55 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Someone needs to revisit the horror work of F. Paul Wilson. His novel The Keep got adapted into a movie by Michael Mann in 1983, but it got butchered in the editing and post production and bombed. It's part of a long series of books he did, all connected and spanning generations. I think a lengthy Netflix series would do it justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(Wilson_novel)
I bloody loved the Keep, as I remember he was a vampire in the book. The film is a guilty pleasure, what a cast and Tangerine dream.
Originally posted by ilikecomics
The books of magic would be a cool series.
No doubt, move over Harry Potter you ****.
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever would be a good Netflix series...only Thomas is such a whinny *****...though the other characters are top notch
Don't forget he was a rapist too.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 09:27 PM