KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Clash

The Clash
Started by: Jedi Mercenary

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

The Clash

does anyone like the band: The Clash!!!!???

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 09:44 AM
Jedi Mercenary is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Despite my vast knowledge of both old and modern music I don't believe I've heard of them. Are they an OU band JM?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 10:30 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

nah, it's an old 80's band, they did the song, "rock the casbah"

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 10:58 AM
Jedi Mercenary is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Careful, liking 80's music will get you accused of being old.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 02:21 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Jedi Merc is my age, so we're not old.....oldtimer. Yet i didn't like a lot of 80's music. 60's and 90's.smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 10:39 PM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I like the Clash. They really started in the seventies. Their a punk/rock band Xizor.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2000 03:25 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I don't even know what to do with that.....

What have the Clash done in the last 10 years???

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2000 04:16 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Not much as they split years ago. They did let Will Smith rip off or (sample) Rock The Casbah for that millenium song that he did. And Joe Strummer won an Inspiration Award at the Q awards two weeks ago.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2000 03:54 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

At least the "old timer" bands that I mentioned have release music in the last 3 years. And two of the 3 released several this year, all of which charted very respectfully....

Old Post Nov 24th, 2000 06:26 AM
KJ
Sausages

But the Clash are better than all of them put together. IMHO.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 02:35 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Somebody did a take-off of "Rock the Casbah" called "Clean the Catbox". Like, "I really don't like it....clean the catbox. clean the catbox". It wasn't Wierd Al, it was somebody else. The band is okay, but my fave is still The Police. cool

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 08:24 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

ooh not for me! I can't stand Sting. My favourite older bands who have split are The Stone Roses, The Smiths, The Clash, The Jam and The Who.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 09:47 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

The Who is cool. I also like Led Zep. Robert Plant has the coolest male rock n roll voice. I think Stevie Nicks has the coolest female voice. I love Fleetwood Mac. smile

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 06:15 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I've never heard anything by those bands apart from Led Zeppelin.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 06:47 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Oh, c'mon KJ, Rock the casbah??

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 08:16 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I guess maybe Fleetwood Mac isn't that big over there. How about Dire Straits or Rush ?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 09:02 PM
KJ
Sausages

I've heard of Dire Straits but can't remember any of there songs.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2000 04:28 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Ride across the River, Skataway, Money for Nothing ("I want my MTV")--with Sting..oh, sorry, had to throw that in there laughing out loud

I can't believe you never heard of Rush. They've been around a long time.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2000 10:15 PM
KJ
Sausages

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh.........I want my MTV. That rings a bell. I still don't know anything about Rush.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2000 03:52 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Their breakthrough album was 2112, back in...late 70's. Some of their songs are Limelight, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Freewill, New World Man, Closer to the Heart, Subdivisions, Distant Early Warning...any of those ring a bell???

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2000 10:22 AM