KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Dangerous weahter...

Dangerous weahter...
Started by: UnknownBountyHunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UnknownBountyHunter

Dangerous weahter...

I have bad news the reason I have been gone the last week (Yes I have posted before that...sporadically), is because there is a very dangerous snowstorm that has been continuing (off and on) over the last week throughout southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland, West Czech, and north Italy. It is really horrible and as a precaution I turned off the power generator that runs the computer and television sad The snowstorm has been continuing, the good news is that it has stopped over Italy and west Czech, so hopefully it will cease here pretty soon. The authorities in Bavaria and Baden Württemburg have ordered all southern residents to render their appliances powerless to keep from having a fire if a powerpole is blown due to the winds. I am sorry about this, it is out of my control but since it seems to have calmed I have written this for you guys. I will be on ASAP once its through, we have gotten 4' of snow so far, luckily the heat wave throughout Eastern and East-Central Europe, has melted the majority of it, but it still snows sad Update soon...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2000 07:27 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Oh man...it's going to be a loooong winter UBH..

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2000 08:03 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Don't like the sound of "The authorities"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2000 06:27 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

UBH's house must be buried in snow my now...
*grabs her shovel and heads for Bavaria*

Old Post Dec 25th, 2000 09:35 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I am back smile No, not covered, but close wink Actually with the heat most of the snow just melted and ran off into the various creeks around here. There were floods however, the creek behind my house did flood four feet up the bank and another one 1 kilometer north of me flooded twelve feet up the bank eek! : I did go skiing in the new snow from Dec. 18-24. Then I went home and celebrated Christmas with my wife and animals. For Christmas I brought the horses home, me and a few of my friends from Fündsjorg helped build a new stall for the horses and a new barn for my dogs, chickens, and swine. (Only the small dogs are allowed in the house). So MERRY CHRISTMAS, even though I am late. smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2000 02:24 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Glad to hear you survived, UBH. We have about 2 inches of snow that has become mostly frozen crust. It hasn't been above 32 around here for the last week. But at least we had a white Christmas ! smile

Old Post Dec 28th, 2000 07:04 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I had no snow...just a dual brown Christmas.sad

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Dec 28th, 2000 07:16 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Dual-brown Christmas? <confused> Does that mean polluted laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 28th, 2000 08:07 AM
Dim
Creativity

Or muddy and wet...

We have snow, snow and more snow...I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of white..

Old Post Dec 28th, 2000 08:42 AM
Darth Daft

As I write this post there is apparently going to be some snow several hours from now. Can't wait.

Snow = Fun

Old Post Dec 28th, 2000 09:09 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Snow=Ski Time! YEAH! big grin

Old Post Dec 28th, 2000 11:02 AM
theEvilJedi

You got it Dim.sad

Old Post Dec 28th, 2000 12:18 PM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

How can you hate snow? Its so beautiful and elegant. Better than disgusting and dirty DIRT!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2000 07:06 AM
theEvilJedi

I LOVE snow.sad

Old Post Dec 31st, 2000 07:17 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I love snow. My labradors go absolutely berzerk when you let them into the yard. They catch snowballs and eat them. No stress there. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 31st, 2000 07:48 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

It's cool when there's snow here, coz it kind of makes you feel like you live in Scandanavia or something.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2000 07:59 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

We had my great niece Brieann (7 yrs old) Thurs and Fri. The only thing we had for her to sled on was the neighbors snowboard so she sat on it. Everything went well until she crashed into the hedge backwards. Then we came in. sad

Old Post Dec 31st, 2000 08:04 AM
Dim
Creativity

I only like snow when I have someone play in it with and then go inside and cuddle...well I don't have anyone to cuddle with..so..SNOW SUCKS! laughing out loud

But seriously..this winter cold is getting a little depressing.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2000 08:17 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Gundark, how is it possible to have your own Great Niece? laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 31st, 2000 10:11 AM
Dim
Creativity

She has a 50 year old sister...I'm guessing it's possible.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2000 06:17 PM