KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sports

Sports
Started by: Xizor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xizor

Sports

What are your favorite sports to play and watch?

My all time favorite has to be basketball because I love to play it and watch it. I also play golf in the summer and ski in the winter. I like to watch football and baseball(although I hate the Yankees<D).

Old Post Oct 30th, 2000 09:58 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I also love to play Basketball although its not on TV much over here in UK. I love football (The British kind, Soccer) and Cricket and Baseball are quite fun too. I actually like snooker as well.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 01:29 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I love to watch Formula One Grand Prix Motor Racing, expecially with Ferrarri and Schumacher doing the business at last this year.

Used to play Rugby, but not since I left highschool.

Now I swim, trainin in the Gym and do Aerobics. (Not really sports but as close as I get unless you include rollerblading!)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 02:04 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

My favorite is American football and I watch some Nascar racing, but not from beginning to end. I like ice hockey (Pittsburgh Pens my fav)also. I mountain bike, hike and do aerobics (at home with a videotape). My other half and I have been canoeing about 10 years now. We do 2nite/3day trips up in the northern part of Pennsylvania where we are about 50 miles from the nearest town. We have wetsuits and drybags for our gear..tent camp in cold and rain, whatever mother nature throws at us. Usually end of April or early May while the water is still up. Boy, could I tell you guys some funny stories. Most important thing to remember is that when you're wearing a wetsuit, don't wait too long to go pee in the woods. We also watch most major tennis events if we can catch them on tv.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 02:31 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I love Snow Skiing, Open Country Snowshoeing, Hunting, Fly-fishing, TR Kayaking, Snowmobiling, Dog-sledding, and I just got into watching Arena Football, but yet I am not into team sports. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 03:53 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Sports

I love baseball, I played it my whole life from 5 years old through all of high school. I also played basketball and then tennis and golf just for fun. I like to watch football(the American kind, sorry but I strongly dislike soccer).

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 04:07 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

UBH, I sure hop it snows a lot where you live or you'd be awefully bored. smile

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 04:29 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Two words, Bavarian 2000. One of the world's largest snow-skiing events. Its a cross-country skiing event lasting 2000 meters. By the way we get 10 meters of snow a year, easily.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 05:10 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Over here in UK we just get a ton of rain fall upon us all the time. Damn, I hate this place.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 06:09 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Hate is such a strong word, just say favorable dislikes. Stimmt?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 06:36 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

My fiance and I used to snow ski, but after he tore his ACL ligament in his right knee, he couldn't ski anymore without further damaging it, and is holding off on surgery as long as possible. I don't have any girlfriends who ski and its no fun going by yourself. sad

Old Post Oct 31st, 2000 08:42 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Gunark, du Madchen?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 04:12 AM
Xizor

UBH, we discussed you using German in contexts we can't understand.sad Thank you for not doing it again. Skiiing rules! If you include recreational activities as sports I also: Fish, canoe, bike, hike, rock climb, spelunk, camp, ice skate, water ski, sail and have been known to illegal scuba dive and be wrongly arrested for Poaching" coral. But that is another story.smile

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 07:49 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Sorry, when I get tired, ich use German! My apologies, all I did was ask if she was a girl.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 10:21 AM
Darth Daft

She is indeed a girl. I'm not sure if she understands German though. I myself only know one word and that's fuehrer (spelt wrong, most likely)

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 01:47 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Yeah, UBH, I'm a girl, and in your haste to toss your native tongue in my direction, you forgot the "d" in Gundark. I'll have to talk to the emporer about this. (Just kidding smile ) Also, a little tiny piece of additional information for you, my fiance's mother was born in Germany and lived there until she was about 18. She met his dad during WWII and they married and moved to America. Her mom still lives over there but her dad died in WWI in a Russian prison camp. I'll ask her what the name of the town is where she's from cause I forgot. I can also ask her to translate any more tidbits you post here. evil face

Old Post Nov 1st, 2000 05:12 PM
Xizor

God Bless America My home sweet Home!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 06:26 AM
Xizor

That last comment was to be sung, while singing kneeling or bowing your head in reverence would also be acceptable. But seriously do all you europeans look down on us as I've been told? I mean we're sorry for buying all those SUV's and then complaining about how expensive our cheap gas is.smile

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 06:29 AM
theEvilJedi

I just love Lacross and Football.smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 10:37 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Hehe, Gundark, "some" things shalt be repeated in German NOR English. smile

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 01:54 PM