KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What are your plans for Christmas?

What are your plans for Christmas?
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

What are your plans for Christmas?

With the festive season nearly upon us, less than six weeks to go and I bet you're not ready! I thought it would be nice for us all to share our plans with the rest of the forum.

For my part, we will be having a simple Christams at home with the family. Christams Eve is normally spent hand delivering Christmas cards to all of our close friends and family.
With Christmas day actually falling on a Monday, it makes for a nice easy weekend to prepare. AND I finish work on the 22nd and done return to work until 2nd January 2001!!!
Amazingly we have completed the majority of our present shopping already, this is unbelievably organised for us. Only a few for my son moth of the moms to deal with now.
Christmas dinner: A nice tradiional one with Turkey and all the trimmings, loads of Plum pudding and cream and a few nice bottles of white wine will make for a sleepy afternoon.

I guess by the law of averages there must be a least one of us out there who doesn't celebrate Christmas as well.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 07:14 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

That would be me..

I'll be sitting alone...no tree, no cookies...just snow...in Idaho..by myself.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 08:59 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Is that on relegious, moral or living on your own grounds?

Look on the bright side, you can always roast a few potatoes. laughing out loud

Plus Snow is lovely on Christmas day. smile

I'd say we'd have your for Christmas but we prefer turkey. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 11:10 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I'll be doing the same as Ratcat as well as going to parties that I really, really don't want to go to.
Christmas has never been the same since they stopped showing Star Wars here. It used to be on every year when I was a kid.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2000 05:12 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hey, maybe Stanta will bring you the re-re-release on video. smile

I found a good way out of those parties, don't go! I intend to go to about 1 party this year and that's for New Years Eve.

We made the BIG mistake of having a party at our place on Christmas Eve, it was a great party but I do not want to be up at 2am on Christams day this year picking peanuts out of the carpet.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2000 05:46 AM
Dim
Creativity

Wow...I'm feeling utterly pathetic now...I'm not doing anything...no parties, not twinkling lights, no eggnog...I'm not even going to watch those old puppet animations from the 60's on TV...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2000 06:57 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hey, your just trying to make us feel bad... sad

Old Post Nov 14th, 2000 07:17 PM
Dim
Creativity

Noooooo..don't feel bad..atleast I'll get presents..smile and get to eat all that awful sugary candy and cookies...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2000 07:40 PM
Ratcat

Maybe you could roast a quail, I mean a turkey would be too big for you on your own. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 14th, 2000 08:13 PM
KJ
Sausages

I think I'll just hibernate until it's over.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2000 03:21 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Cut the Turducken,buy the presents...you know the ususal.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2000 04:49 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

At Christmas I'm going to go to bed. That'll do for me.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2000 05:17 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hey EJ, whats a Turducken? some kind of weird Chicken/Turkey/Duck hybrid.

I guess asking a bunch of Americans what their doing for Christmas is a bit dumb. You guys tend to do more for Thanksgiviing don't you? I mean it's considered a bigger holiday that Christmas? Is that right?

-+-+-+-+-+UPDATED POST-+-+-+-+-+UPDATED POST-+-+-+-+-+UPDATED POST

OK, there is a distinct lack of Christmas spirit around here amd it's just not good enough. Applogies to all those or Jewish, Buddist or other not Christams celebrating faith)

Anyway, go checkout www.christmas.com and start getting Christmasy, there's only 40 days to go you kow.

And before you ask, no I'm not on any back hander or referal fee, it's just the best Christmas site I've ever found.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2000 05:46 AM
theEvilJedi

I love Christmas,but it's a little to soon to talk about it I think.Turducken is a chicken stuffed inside a duck,stuffed inside of a turkey.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2000 05:13 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Oh, I've heard on that. There's a version that starts witha quail or something and you end up with like 6 or 7 pregressively larger birds. Definately for the BIG family.smile

Don't say it's ages 'til Chrystams, it's only 39 days....

39 days....39 days....39 days....39 days....39 days....39 days....

Oh my gosh and I haven't even thought about the mince pies yet, ot the chocs, or the candy or the nuts or the beer. Oh my, oh my I need to go shopping!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2000 05:28 AM
theEvilJedi

I'll get excited after Thanksgiving is over.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2000 05:35 AM
Ratcat

That's 24th is it?

That's why you can't get so built up about it yet, you have Thanksgiving just around the corner. We don't have that in the UK so Christams is the next big festival/holiday.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2000 05:50 AM
Darth Daft

Does America have Fireworks Night? Or is it just a British thing because of the gunpowder plot?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2000 06:19 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

The 4th of July and New Years Eve are "fire works" nights.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2000 07:45 AM
Ratcat

Yeah, the gun powder plot and Guy Fawlkes were all about the attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliment. So it didn't really impact other countries.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2000 03:18 PM