KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Anybody Vote Today?

Anybody Vote Today?
Started by: Xizor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xizor

Anybody Vote Today?

I can finally vote, so I got my rear in gear and went out to lend my support to the democrats. The republicans are gonna easily roll in Colorado though. CT was much nicer for those who like Gore.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 02:20 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

If I could vote I would vote for Gore. Bush doesn't have a clue about anything. He scares me.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 02:46 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Dang it KJ, I knew at least one of our American friends would ask this question and I was all keyed up with a smart-alec answer but you got in there with a sensible one before me!!!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 03:31 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Gore has been a major player inour countries most successful period ever. Bush is a blockheaded hunk of Bantha poodoo....hoohoohoosad

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 04:41 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Voting

Bush had better be elected, Gore is a moron. The man actually took credit for inventing the inetnet. I voted today and Bush got my vote.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 05:24 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Re: Voting

Here's what a newspaper said was wrong with George Bush:

He is a Republican

He doesn't care about world issues unless they affect America

He is in favour of people carrying concealed handguns.

His past includes alcoholism, a drink-driving conviction he lied to a newspaper about and rumours of cocaine abuse.

He is the governor of the American state with the worst enviromental record.

His favourite foods are peanut butter and jelly.

He once said, "I think we both agree, the past is history."

He is verbally challenged and uninformed - he didn't know who was the president of Pakistan.

He favours the death penalty - 146 have been lethally injected during his tenure as Governor of Texas, despite often-flimsy evidence.

He has got a lop-sided smile.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 05:43 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

DO NOT get me started on that MORON Bush JM, I'm watching the election now, it's tied up pretty much. I'm stressed out and about ready to put a gun in my mouth!!!!!! Gore is an obvious choice, how could anyone pick that thickheaded, pompous, egotistical, power hungery fool. AHHHH!!! Does anybody on this forum make over $125,000 dollars? want to watch our environment destroyed and our education system ruined? If you do vote Bush, if not, vote for the man who supports schools, the environment, medicare, social security and will keep the great economy of the past years rolling: Al Gore. EVERYTHING DD said was correct!!!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 11:10 AM
Dim
Creativity

Hey!...I've got a lop sided grin and I"m okay...Harrison Ford does too....

But Bush The Lesser has won....*sigh* Xiz...if we lived through Reagan we can live through this..

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 02:13 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Don't count your chickens yet, it's hanging on Florida right now which appears to have been mis-called with a difference of anly bout 500-1000 votes.

BTW, does the American press give as much coverage of the Britsi General Ellections as the British press is giving to the US Presidential race. All the UK news channels are covering it in depth.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 02:52 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Actually they give a bit of news about it...then just anounce who the new PM is.. I don't think your campain time is as long..

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 08:03 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

It's normally about 3-6 months but then UK politics is just one big campaign trail...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 09:20 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Go Gore !!!!

RC, you know better than to mention chickens around DD. smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2000 12:31 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

George W. Bush is a great man

<<cough>> Al Gore is quite possibly the worst presidential candidate ever. He takes credit for things he didn't do(that internet thing gets me every time) and he is constantly changing his point of views. He says one thing one day and changes it another. He illegally raises money for campaigns and he was Bill Clinton's VP. He almost resorted to violence in one of the debates and constantly interupted Bush when he was talking. If you look at the map Bush has won way more states but Gore has won the "rich" ones, so don't say that Bush only helps the rich. Bush has had an agenda since the beginning and has stuck to it. And yes he does agree to the death penalty but if you look at polls so do the majority of Americans. As far as foreign policy goes, why is it that America needs to stick our nose in everywhere? We have our own problems that need to be fixed, so we should deal with those first and worry about everyone else next. Of course Al Gore does have some cute daughters...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2000 01:52 AM
Ratcat

Re: George W. Bush is a great man

Careful, you might fall off that soapbox!!! laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 9th, 2000 06:48 AM
Dim
Creativity

whatever

Ah, youth laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 9th, 2000 06:53 PM
KJ
Sausages

Re: whatever

If I was in a room with Bush I think he could push me to violence as well. Here is some of the reasons I don't like him.
Pakistan are one of the biggest nuclear powers in the world but he didn't even know their presidents name. I don't know it either but I'm not a politician. He should know.

How can anyone be anti-abortion but pro-gun? It doesn't make sense.

His State has the worst enviromental record in America and he weilds the death penalty far too easily.He is Evil.

He says he will pull troops out of Kosavo but build up the American military. Why? Who are America at war with?

He did something that really annoys me. He was being interveiwed and was asked about the U.K. but he kept referring to it as England. Someone should tell him that the U.K is made up of 4 seperate countries. It would be like calling America New York.

In Star Wars terms Gore is like Sio Bibble- Boring, dull and he makes the odd mistake but he knows what he is talking about and he cares.
Bush is like a cross between Jabba and Palpatine. No explaination is needed for that.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 04:18 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Hey! I have a lop-sided smile as well. *hides face*, but I dislike Bush, ever since his father was president in the late 80's. I know Gore is your American's vice-president, but never heard any campaigning, I wonder why? *drifts off*

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 04:56 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

This Flordia problem is getting ridiculous.And incase you are wondering I want George W.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 06:33 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

President

Thanks EJ I thought I was alone in here in wanting Bush. And Gore needs to quit his crying and admit that he lost.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 10:58 AM
Darth Daft

Re: President

Excellent points by KJ I must say. George Bush is a sadist nazified idiot with a massive ego and I don't understand why half of America would want him as the most powerful figure in the world.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 01:41 PM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote