KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why does Tom Gon Jinn have Great Jedi underneath

Why does Tom Gon Jinn have Great Jedi underneath
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

Why does Tom Gon Jinn have Great Jedi underneath

for his title?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 12:27 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I was curious about this same thing, despite his mere 94 posts he seems to be able to switch his name from "Jedi Master" to "Great Jedi." I am for a strict ranking system that gives you the higher rank based on s things:

1) Loyalty, the length of time you've been here
2) The # of posts you have
3) The quantity and quality of yor posts

Once I figure out how to get into the Council forum I will bring my ideas on how to move up the ranks with the other councillors. It has something to do with both completing posting requirments and being voted in.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 12:47 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Could it be that maybe he's a mod on another board?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 01:21 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

No.Each forum has a different title underneath like registered user or something.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 01:31 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

True. Here I am a Jedi Knight due to the number of posts I have made here. On my own Forum I'm a Jedi Master as that is the title I have chosen for Admins and Moderators.
Basically what I'm saying is it is forum specific. Maybe he is a friend of Raz or something and that was a gift from Raz? That's allowed you know.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 02:43 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Size Matters Not

I hope not as that's not good for this forum's success. RC, you have twice as many posts as Tom, yet are only 1/3 of the wat to mastership. At least you don't whine about it.smile

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 04:12 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I'm here for the discussion, that's all. I find it quite amusing to read the posts that request Council Membership or Moderator status. Especially as that is normally going to go against you if you get under consideration.

What did mom used to say? "Those who ask don't get!"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 04:40 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

And when you consider the size of the forum...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 04:48 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

True. Someone mentioned that. How many members (L+G) does this Forum have now?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 04:51 AM
Dim
Creativity

40 or 50.. but only about 10-12 regulars I think

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 05:10 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Dim's right, and THANK YOU RATCAT!!! See the true elders know what we're talkinga about. I remember my mother used to say that when I was a child/teenager. Its the most basic rule of all at gaining power.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 09:18 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Also, I think monthly regulars might reach 15. smile

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 09:21 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tom Gon Jinn

Heh!

It's because I am a Great Warrior.

(and I asked Raz for the title.)

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 05:49 PM
Ratcat

Re: Heh!

Told Ya!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 07:50 PM
Xizor

Wars not make one great Tom

I think I'll be asking Raz about these so called "special privlidges" for new members in the council. Tom needs to earn his status. As said earlier you SHOULD NOT get something by asking/begging Raz for it. Remember what mom said...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 08:40 PM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Re: Wars not make one great Tom

Oh I know, I find it quite amusing, especially when people do their pleading in the open forums.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2000 08:52 PM
Dim
Creativity

What special privileges do JC members get? so far it hasn't seemed like there's any difference...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2000 10:07 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

We get to converse on special high-security secrets. wink

Old Post Sep 1st, 2000 05:58 AM
Tom Gon Jinn

I thought so. Do JC members get to modorate?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2000 02:16 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Three of us do. Because we are already mods wink The others will probably be mods in the near future if they are needed.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2000 11:16 PM