KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » New "Sci Fi Movies" Franchise Forum?

Anyone in favor for a "Sci Fi Franchises" Section?
This poll is closed.
Definately 5 29.41%
Maybe 4 23.53%
Not Sure 1 5.88%
No 7 41.18%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

New "Sci Fi Movies" Franchise Forum?
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

New "Sci Fi Movies" Franchise Forum?

Hey guys,

I am polling to see if there would be any interest in starting up a "Sci Fi Movies" section under the "Movie Franchises" section, something similar to the "Horror Movies" section.

It would be THEE place to discuss all the movies in the vast Sci Fi movie universe, no matter how obscure. Predator, Alien, Enemy Mine, Logan's Run, and so many more great Sci Fi movies deserve their own section!

If you would be so kind as to offer your input by way of this poll, there is a strong chance that we may get an all Sci Fi movie forum section!

Thanks for your support. Votes will be tabulated, then sent to Raz after a 15 day period.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Feb 24th, 2004 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 06:38 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

we already have 40, raz said wink

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:01 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Just counted 37.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:08 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

good job Raz! *pats you on the head*

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:16 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

If you're talking about forums, I count 35.

The reason I ask for a "Sci Fi" forum is so that there is a place to talk about ALL OTHER Sci Fi movies.

Is it that unreasonable? There is a "Franchise" section dedicated to PotC, which as it stands, is only 1 movie. It got its own because a bunch of fangirls, basically.

On top of that, there's a section devoted to all other Comic Book movies in the section designated to Comic Book movie forums. There are certainly way more Sci Fi movies that go undiscussed than Comic Book movie adaptations.

Sorry if this poll seems out of line. Frankly, I am surprised at the results so far, and that the excuse is that there are too many forums. I think the board would benefit greatly from a Sci Fi section.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Feb 24th, 2004 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 09:14 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and I count 38 including the subforums wink

well, the POTC was created mostly I guess to keep those fangirls away from other serious threads wink

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 09:21 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I wasn't even complaining about that, really. I know theres a PotC 2 on the way, so it's right where it should be.

It's just that a Sci Fi section would be really helpful for those of us that watch mostly Sci Fi movies, not just The Matrix, 24/7. There's alot more to the genre than that.

Horror has it's own little corner, Comic book movies have theirs, Action movies are pretty much "anything goes", but I think there should be a special place for Science Fiction.

If no one else agrees, fine. I'll take my ball and go home. I was just testing the waters.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 09:33 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

yeah good idea

could we also talk about stuff like Startrek and stuff

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 01:28 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

My point exactly. There are also movies that are borderline Horror/Sci Fi then get locked up because some people "don't consider them Horror", i.e. Predator, Alien, Event Horizon, Jason X, etc.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 01:37 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I'll take my ball and go home.
the bowler!!

I'm always game for new ideas

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 07:35 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you're a game??? pleased to meet you big grin I'm Yerssot, the automatic responce program ... I've been... updated recently wink

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 10:44 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The majority of sci fi movies can be discussed in another forum. Either horror, or simply the Movie discussion forum. I don't think a forum is necessary.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 04:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
you're a game??? pleased to meet you big grin I'm Yerssot, the automatic responce program ... I've been... updated recently wink

wow what a smart program you arelaughing out loud

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 05:17 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

dunno...I'd like a Sci-Fi Forum, but there are idd a lot of forums as it is.. I voted maybe..

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 03:21 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
the bowler!!

I'm glad someone caught that. I called my girlfriend the PMS Avenger yesterday, and she actually laughed.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 03:53 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
The majority of sci fi movies can be discussed in another forum. Either horror, or simply the Movie discussion forum. I don't think a forum is necessary.
Where? In the "Mainstream" movies section?

There are just as many, if not more, Sci Fi movies as Horror movies. If the shoe were on the other foot, tons of people would move to have a Horror forum as well, would they not?

To be honest, you don't know how well a Sci Fi forum would work until there actually is one. As it stands, there is no place that would act as a good section to talk about ALL Sci Fi without getting bogged down by other peoples polls and and duplicate posts.

Start up a Sci Fi section and I guarantee that I will have it bumping within a week. I'll start a massive amount of topics, movie threads, you name it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 03:56 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

Yeah man i will be there with u.

I hope raz is going to say yes

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 06:07 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Bumping this for the evening crew. C'mon kids, Freaks and Geeks like me need your support!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 03:23 AM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

laughing out loud did u pm raz about it recently ?

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 07:05 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I asked before I submitted the poll. The poll is staying open 15 days, after which I will submit it for review.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 10:00 PM