KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Started by: silentfaf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silentfaf
Vengance

I have read the plot and some of the script and i can say this one looks GREAT, and i think this one just might get Jim carrey the oscar he deserves. rest of the cast includes Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Kirsten Dunst, Tom Wilkinson, Elijah Wood and the Director Michel Gondry

SYNOPSIS

Joel (Jim Carrey) is stunned to discover that his girlfriend Clementine (Kate Winslet) has had her memories of their tumultuous relationship erased. Out of desperation, he contacts the inventor of the process, Dr. Howard Mierzwiak (Tom Wilkinson), to have Clementine removed from his own memory. But as Joel's memories progressively disappear, he begins to rediscover their earlier passion. From deep within the recesses of his brain, Joel attempts to escape the procedure. As Dr. Mierzwiak and his crew (Kirsten Dunst, Mark Ruffalo, Elijah Wood) chase him through the maze of his memories, it's clear that Joel just can't get her out of his head.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 01:44 PM
silentfaf is currently offline Click here to Send silentfaf a Private Message Find more posts by silentfaf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukeyduckey
Soon u be slagging ME off

This sounds pretty good, I be looking out for it for sure.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 07:28 PM
lukeyduckey is currently offline Click here to Send lukeyduckey a Private Message Find more posts by lukeyduckey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donald Kaufman
Adapt or Perish

hi everbody!
I'm new to this Forum, lookin for some people that know about movies.

Last edited by Donald Kaufman on Feb 11th, 2004 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 03:35 AM
Donald Kaufman is currently offline Click here to Send Donald Kaufman a Private Message Find more posts by Donald Kaufman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donald Kaufman
Adapt or Perish

Question

anyone seen trailer? looks good
Charlie Kaufman's new one

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 03:37 AM
Donald Kaufman is currently offline Click here to Send Donald Kaufman a Private Message Find more posts by Donald Kaufman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donald Kaufman
Adapt or Perish

Anyone familiar wit Kaufman?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 03:39 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I know he wrote "Being John Malkovich", but aside from that..nothing major. I saw the trailer for this one though, looks veeerrrrrrryyyy interesting.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 04:05 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donald Kaufman
Adapt or Perish

whoa there CinemaAddiction!
U never saw Adaptation?
Awesome Movie! geek

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 04:08 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Friend of mine told me about it today, as a matter of fact. I got it confused with Evolution at first. May have to look into it, now that i have 2 recommendations.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 04:11 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donald Kaufman
Adapt or Perish

its got Your boy Nick Cage in it too, U should check it out. It's one of my favorites!
then see E.S.O.T.S.M. next month!!

Last edited by Donald Kaufman on Feb 11th, 2004 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 04:13 AM
super pr*xy

the movie looks promising...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:13 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Adaptation is interesting but its almost got no point to it. But if Eternal Sunshine is written by the same guy then I have to see it (plus I like Jim Carrey). Being John Malcovich was so great as well.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:15 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

I might see it...I didn't really enjoy Adaptation.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:36 AM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donald Kaufman
Adapt or Perish

Adaptation works on so many levels: The Orchid Guy Laroche is a real person, The book is real, and aspects of Nick Cages Kaufman character are real too. But wound into a purely fictional story.
Now it's not a "Legally Blonde", but all movies can't be!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:42 AM
gregmss
We Can Do It

Is that the film with the tagline 'not all surgurey is ment to cure'

We're Bialystock and Bloom

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 08:54 PM
gregmss is currently offline Click here to Send gregmss a Private Message Find more posts by gregmss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steely balls

I love jim carrey i would see this movie no matter what. but this movie would be just as appealing even if jim wasn't in it.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 02:45 AM
steely balls is currently offline Click here to Send steely balls a Private Message Find more posts by steely balls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Donald Kaufman
anyone seen trailer? looks good
Charlie Kaufman's new one

ive seen the trailer twice (before big fish+lost in translation)

i didnt realise it was kaufman but that will encourage me to watch it.

trailer reminded me of some themes from total recall/vanilla sky.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 05:58 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Adaptation is interesting but its almost got no point to it.
Almost? Try not at all. Me and Ms. Addicition sat down to watch this this afternoon. Naturally, I fell asleep 1/2 way into it, and she just bust in here asking who the hell recommended it, lol.

Boring, pointless movie, that incited nothing but confusion and malice towards the main character for being so paranoid and lethargic.

I want my $1 and my 2 hours back.

**** it, I'm going to watch "House". Another reommendation I hope doesn't disappoint me.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 11:03 PM
foxota5

i cant wait. ive been looking foward to it for months, and seeing the trailer made it my favorite movie i havent seen. anyone here agree?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 07:44 PM
foxota5 is currently offline Click here to Send foxota5 a Private Message Find more posts by foxota5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
foxota5

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Almost? Try not at all. Me and Ms. Addicition sat down to watch this this afternoon. Naturally, I fell asleep 1/2 way into it, and she just bust in here asking who the hell recommended it, lol.

Boring, pointless movie, that incited nothing but confusion and malice towards the main character for being so paranoid and lethargic.

I want my $1 and my 2 hours back.

**** it, I'm going to watch "House". Another reommendation I hope doesn't disappoint me.

WHAT? "Boring, pointless movie, that incited nothing but confusion and malice towards the main character for being so paranoid and lethargic."?????? ITS NONE OF THOSE, WHAT IT IS IS A TRICK ON THE AUDIENCE, AND DONT BE INSULTING A MOVIE PUBLICALLY THAT YOU SLEPT THROUGH. SEE THE ENTIRE MOVIE FIRST.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 04:56 PM
foxota5 is currently offline Click here to Send foxota5 a Private Message Find more posts by foxota5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Dont use caps lock.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 05:01 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote