KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Requiem for a Dream

Requiem for a Dream
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Requiem for a Dream

Has anyone seen this movie? It's awesome, great directing, acting and plot. The camera techniques are like none I have ever seen before. It's disturbing, but that's a good thing. Rent it, you wont regret it!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2001 08:43 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I haven't seen it, but I just found out that it's coming for a re-run at the cinema here so I'm definetly gonna see it. smile smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2001 04:11 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Ohhhh I almost forgot, rent the DVD, it's the unedited NC-17 version, the VHS is edited, and isn't as disturbing as the original version

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:00 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I heard the movie was good. I'll check it out.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:08 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

i've seen it now, and it's good all right. my! i felt all dizzy afterwards.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:59 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah I felt that way too! Now shouldn't Ellen Brystn have gotten an Oscar? I cant believe that gave it to that no talent Julia Roberts! That just proves that the Oscars are nothing but a popularity contest roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 04:26 PM
J-ROC
Restricted

Account Restricted

Requiem for a Dream question!!!!!!!

What is that crazy music playing at the beginning of the movie? It's like an orchestra warm up or somethn?! IT's SO ****n scary!!!! I WANNA DOWNLOAD somethin like that- but dont know what to call it....you know what im talkn about?!?!

It's played during the whole scene where Sara locks herself in the closet- Harry takes the TV, almost breaks it....etc etc

cool

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 07:50 PM
J-ROC is currently offline Click here to Send J-ROC a Private Message Find more posts by J-ROC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I don't know, that film disturbed me so much I'm trying to block it from my memory. Damn you Backfire. sad

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 07:52 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

its Composed byClint Mansell, performed by the Kronos Quartet.
great soundtrack

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 07:53 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

good mech, thats its point. yeah, the music is some of the best music ever in a movie.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 09:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I still havn't seen this movie. Does that make me a bastard?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 03:48 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

no, it makes you someone who hasnt seen one of th ebest movies in the past 20 years

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 06:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Don't do it To, its like taking a bad acid trip. sad

The film is good but I watched it the day after a serious drinking session and I had that horrible "day after" feeling. I was low and grumpy, so it wasn't the ideal film for me to watch I suppose.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 08:31 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J-ROC
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alrighty....still my question stands. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 08:32 PM
J-ROC is currently offline Click here to Send J-ROC a Private Message Find more posts by J-ROC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

no ones supposed to feel good after watching it, i was in a funk for the next 2 days after i saw it for the first time. but its an unarguably brilliant movie which will probably in 30 years be looked at the way clockwork orange is looked at now.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 08:54 PM
J-ROC
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clockwork Orange was good! cool

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 08:55 PM
BackFire

yes it is

Old Post Sep 19th, 2002 10:12 PM
Tex
Yumsz

It was good.
Especially the parts with Ellen Brystrn, when the refrigerator goes after her!
Genius!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2002 09:49 PM
pippy

I love this movie. Mind you, I was severely disturbed after watching it. Just like Kids and Gunmo. *shiver* But Requiem for a Dream was much more disturbing because it was written like a tragedy.

Did you guys see the new Two Towers Trailer? They used the same music for it. OMG. now that was a trailer.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2002 07:50 PM
pippy is currently offline Click here to Send pippy a Private Message Find more posts by pippy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

yes..I am puzzled on why they had that music in it

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2002 07:52 PM