KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » series of unfortunate events movie

series of unfortunate events movie
Started by: sk8stuff09

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sk8stuff09

Warning series of unfortunate events movie

I heard they are making a live action film of the book series by Lemony Snickett, "A Series of Unfortunate Events". I've read the first 4 and loved them. Hopefully the movie will be just as good. Jim Carey is supposedly going to portray Count Olaf, the rest i'm not sure. what do you think about this? any info? eek!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 12:23 AM
sk8stuff09 is currently offline Click here to Send sk8stuff09 a Private Message Find more posts by sk8stuff09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

What are the books about?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 12:36 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sk8stuff09

youve never heard? theyr about 3 orphans that live in various places, and a guy named count olaf is trying to steal their fortune that was left by their parents. i dunno, u haveta read them to get it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 04:45 PM
sk8stuff09 is currently offline Click here to Send sk8stuff09 a Private Message Find more posts by sk8stuff09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

omg cool!!!serious???!!!i wanna watch!!!eek!eek!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 07:19 PM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

The story, narrated by Lemony Snicket (Jude Law), focuses on three orphans, Klaus (Liam Aiken), Violet (Emily Browning), and Sunny, who are taken in by a creepy distant relative called Count Olaf (Jim Carrey), who has designs on the kids' inheritance. Meryl Streep co-stars as Aunt Josephine.

Property of Movies.com

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 09:13 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

but aunt jo doesn't appear til the 3rd book!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 09:39 PM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

They're pretty short books, it's possible they're merging them

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:12 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

The story, narrated by Lemony Snicket (Jude Law), focuses on three orphans, Klaus (Liam Aiken), Violet (Emily Browning), and Sunny, who are taken in by a creepy distant relative called Count Olaf (Jim Carrey), who has designs on the kids' inheritance. Meryl Streep co-stars as Aunt Josephine.

Property of Movies.com
OMG I cant believe Meryl Streep is doing a movie with Jim Carrey! He is becoming really annoying, always the bloody same!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:02 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

wait a sec,JIM CARRY??!!!
count olaf is supposed to be EVIL PURE EVIL HOW can they put JIM CARREY there???!!!!!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:04 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

You miss the point of the book series. They try to be serious, but they end up being completely ridiculous. Jim Carrey's a perfect choice for this type of role

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:24 AM
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

but they're supposed to be serious to the point of being ridiculous - can jimm carrey pull that off?hhmm....

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:07 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Ridiculous is what Jim Carrey does best big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 06:26 AM
VengeanceGOD

I love how, in the wake of Harry Potter, the studios are grabbing up EVERY successful series with a slight fantasy spin.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 09:22 AM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

laughing true true (for both postswink)

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 05:17 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Hollywood is going a Fantasy binge, just like it had a whole bunch of comedies a couple years ago (due largely in part to 9/11)

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 09:12 PM
Kes
Philie

Everytime I see a movie with Jim Carrey he always does something that takes me right back to Ace Ventura messed

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 11:12 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I know what you mean, but I don't remember anything of the sort from The Mask

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 06:58 AM
Kes
Philie

Well in the Mask he does stuff that takes me back to Ace Ventura.
He is to physical so to me he looks the same in every movie (with the exception of Majestic and Man on the moon because he was restricted in those): In the beginning it was ok but now its starting to annoy.
Its the same with Adam Sandler(sp)...but in his case its because he his a bad actor and all his characters follow the same line.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 06:12 PM
CaptainClaire

A Series of Unfortunate Events are all quite short books - they would have to merge them all together. But I think that might mess it up a bit? I think Jim Carey will be good - as long as he goes a bit *serious* now and again.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:27 PM
CaptainClaire is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainClaire a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainClaire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Jim Carrey is perfect for the role, IMO. He has the immeasurable talent needed, because Count Olaf was quite a character, and he could easily use the serious/ridiculous feeling that made the books famous

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 09:55 PM