KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » who liked LXG?

fav lxg member
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
vampire 0 0%
invisible man 1 25.00%
tom sawyer 2 50.00%
alan quartermaine 0 0%
dorian gray 0 0%
doc. jeckel mr hyde 1 25.00%
captain nemo 0 0%
the nautalus 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

who liked LXG?
Started by: russ_mathers

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
russ_mathers
Scandalously Parked

Smile who liked LXG?

i absolutely loved the film LXG (LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN)
my fav. character was tom saywer the spy, who was ur fav. character and wat u like bout da film?

smokin'

Attachment: loeg-sawyer.jpg
This has been downloaded 98 time(s).

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:16 PM
russ_mathers is currently offline Click here to Send russ_mathers a Private Message Find more posts by russ_mathers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Thank god! I thought I was the only one! This was a great film! Sure, it had its flaws {the SFX were dodgy in places}, but for the most part it was great, fun action.

My fave character was Allan Quartermain. Boy, what a surprise but still: Connery brings such gravitas to the role, and I think drives the film. I won't spoil things but if you've seen the end, you'll know what I mean

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:03 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I really enjoyed this film, although there were some historical mistakes (notified to me by my history buff mate who accompnied me to the film).
The collection of characters were pretty good most notably Allen Quatermaine, some of the CGI effects were pretty dodgy particuarly them of Jeckyll and Hyde. However i thoroughly enjoyed this film.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:06 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I love LXG, love the story, the plot, the CGI, everything. Except for one thing......Tom Sawyer. It wasn't the character that I didn't like, but his role in the story. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a BRITSH Graphic Novel, thoroughly British. and yet they felt felt the need to put a ruggedly hansome Yank, for the sole purpose of making the movie appeal to American audiences. and he ends up killing the bad guy, who for all we know, was only threatening Europe!

It pisses me off

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 09:51 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
russ_mathers
Scandalously Parked

haha, lord soth. true feelings towards that.

i myself, thought most of the cast was picked well, wat cracked me up was that the 'pirate' (he didnt like to be called that) was called Nemo, and the cartoon was out at the same time ?????? hello?! am i the only one who thought that was stupid.......

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:02 PM
russ_mathers is currently offline Click here to Send russ_mathers a Private Message Find more posts by russ_mathers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Yes, you are

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:03 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by russ_mathers
Am i the only one who thought that was stupid.......
I thought it was a pretty funny coincidence, nothing more

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 05:20 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i can't wait for lxg to come out on dvd next week! i loved the action, graphics, and mix of classcial characters in it. a sequel would be great.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 11:53 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

A sequel? Sadly, considering the poor box office returns, that is v. unlikely...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 04:33 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I loved that movie. My only critique was the ending. If there isn't going to be a sequel, the witch doctor was completely unnecissary.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 10:35 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

There were once plans for a sequel, so they had to leave the ending open, just in case

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 03:14 AM
VengeanceGOD

I thought the movie was kickass, personally. Not to mention the fight between Hyde and the big red thing was everything the Hulk movie should have been.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:08 AM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

I saw it as an in-flight movie and it was actually really good; Lord Soth, I totally agree with you about the Tom Sawyer thing wink Highlight of it for me was the Venician scene and, er... yeah. Stuart Townsend. *drool* Yay for Dorian for he is TEH SESSAH.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 06:01 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
I thought the movie was kickass, personally. Not to mention the fight between Hyde and the big red thing was everything the Hulk movie should have been.
Yeah, Hulk was just plain bad

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 09:17 PM
WinkyBells

Lol, I guess I'm a bit late coming into this discussion, but I also thought I was the only one that enjoyed this movie! One of my favorite scenes is when Skinner was sneaking around Quatermain's cabin and got booted out... *snickers* Funny as hell. Favorite character was Skinner followed closely by Jekyll. Skinner was just so funny I couldn't help but love him and Jekyll was screaming for a hug. Well, I gtg.
~*P.S.- Kudos to everyone that liked this movie! Y'all rock!*~

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 03:58 AM
WinkyBells is currently offline Click here to Send WinkyBells a Private Message Find more posts by WinkyBells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

My favorite was Mina. She kicked some serious ass big grin

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 04:37 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

though the story was a lil frail, the action was nonstop and excellent. I love the way the action scenes were done. theres almost never a moments peace.

Verdict : loved it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 05:16 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RemyLeBeau
Le Diable Blanc

loved it!!! it was amazing. I loved Tom Sawyer . Shane West is my pick for Gambit in X-3. He is a brilliant young actor.Sean Connery,..waaaaay hot for an old guy. Dorian was a cool character as was Mina Harker. She was awesome.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 05:20 AM
RemyLeBeau is currently offline Click here to Send RemyLeBeau a Private Message Find more posts by RemyLeBeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MISSME

The action was great....I hope there will be another movie!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 06:26 AM
MISSME is currently offline Click here to Send MISSME a Private Message Find more posts by MISSME Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallen

unlike everyone else, i didn't like the movie too much. it was okay.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 06:34 AM
Fallen is currently offline Click here to Send Fallen a Private Message Find more posts by Fallen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote