KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Golden Globe Nominations?

Golden Globe Nominations?
Started by: SandyMartinez17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SandyMartinez17

Golden Globe Nominations?

Any thoughts on the nominations? I mean I definetly have my opinion on all of the nominations. I was shocked at some, but I was even more shocked that 21 grams was not nominated. I remember leaving the theater and being convinced that everyone who was part of the movie was gonna get nominated. I am still keeping my fingers crossed though! For certain.

But i must say i am thrilled,yet not surprised AT ALL that lost in translation got nominated! NOt only should sofia coppola win both the GG and the Oscar but it would be a huge accomplishment. Cause that would make her the first american female director to be nominated for an oscar. ( I know shocking!)

SO anythoughts on any of this?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 09:47 PM
SandyMartinez17 is currently offline Click here to Send SandyMartinez17 a Private Message Find more posts by SandyMartinez17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Can you post the list of the most important (best film;actors...)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 11:10 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Here's a thought on the Golden Globes -

can 'em!!!!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 03:19 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

heres the list,

Motion pictures:

Picture, Drama: "Cold Mountain"; "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"; "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World"; "Mystic River"; "Seabiscuit."

Actress, Drama: Cate Blanchett, "Veronica Guerin"; Nicole Kidman, "Cold Mountain"; Scarlett Johansson, "Girl With a Pearl Earring"; Charlize Theron, "Monster"; Uma Thurman, "Kill Bill — Vol. 1"; Evan Rachel Wood, "thirteen."

Actor, Drama: Russell Crowe, "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World"; Tom Cruise, "The Last Samurai"; Ben Kingsley, "House of Sand and Fog"; Jude Law, "Cold Mountain"; Sean Penn, "Mystic River."

Picture, Musical or Comedy: "Bend It Like Beckham"; "Big Fish"; "Finding Nemo"; "Lost in Translation"; "Love Actually."

Actress, Musical or Comedy: Jamie Lee Curtis, "Freaky Friday"; Scarlett Johansson, "Lost in Translation"; Diane Keaton, "Something's Gotta Give"; Diane Lane, "Under the Tuscan Sun"; Helen Mirren, "Calendar Girls."

Actor, Musical or Comedy: Jack Black, "School of Rock"; Johnny Depp, "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl"; Bill Murray, "Lost in Translation"; Jack Nicholson, "Something's Gotta Give"; Billy Bob Thornton, "Bad Santa."

Foreign Language: "The Barbarian Invasions," Canada; "Goodbye, Lenin!" Germany; "Monsieur Ibrahim," France; "Osama," Afghanistan; "The Return," Russia.

Supporting Actress: Maria Bello, "The Cooler"; Patricia Clarkson, "Pieces of April"; Hope Davis, "American Splendor"; Holly Hunter, "thirteen"; Renee Zellweger, "Cold Mountain."

Supporting Actor: Alec Baldwin, "The Cooler"; Albert Finney, "Big Fish"; William H. Macy, "Seabiscuit"; Tim Robbins, "Mystic River"; Peter Sarsgaard, "Shattered Glass"; Ken Watanabe, "The Last Samurai."

Director: Sofia Coppola, "Lost in Translation"; Clint Eastwood, "Mystic River"; Peter Jackson, "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"; Anthony Minghella, "Cold Mountain"; Peter Weir, "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 04:37 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I hope "Lost in Translation" steals the show!
That movie is absolutely terrific! thumb up

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 05:14 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

All award shows blow.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 07:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Thanks movie_freak.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 03:31 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

hmmmm you know GG are sometimes an indication to the Oscars noms........can you guys GUESS how much COld mountain is gonna get?

I already have my guess for ROTK ......noms =6 or 7
Cold Mountain could get 13 noms

mystic river, Last Samurai, lost in translation could pick up anything between 8-11 noms....................WE'll see

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 12:07 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

that sucks!!!! i think ian mckellen deserves best actor (or supporting im not sure what gandalf is classified as)

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 01:38 AM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

well he was nominated for Best Supporting Character for Fellowship of the Ring

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 03:13 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote