KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Official Jackie Brown Thread

The Official Jackie Brown Thread
Started by: Aerosin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aerosin

The Official Jackie Brown Thread

This is just an generic thread about Jackie Brown for those hardcore fans!

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 12:40 AM
Aerosin is currently offline Click here to Send Aerosin a Private Message Find more posts by Aerosin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I watched about half of Jackie Brown, I really should finish the rest of it stick out tongue

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 01:57 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SenshiNaka
Warrior Inside

Jackie Brown is one of Tarantino's underated movies.

"And I'm very sad about that. But some fellas are lucky, and some ain't." -Mr. Pink (Reservoir Dogs)

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 05:46 PM
SenshiNaka is currently offline Click here to Send SenshiNaka a Private Message Find more posts by SenshiNaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

It is underrated, but consider that he's actually only made 4 films and the other 3 were Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill (Counted as one) I think it's deservedly underrated. I like the film but it is his weakest.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 08:10 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think Jackie Brown is better than Reservoir Dogs. RD is a great movie but when i look back at it...i dont think its as good as JB.

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 08:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StrlitSnrise
il piccolo fiore

I found the first half of JB very confusing, maybe that's just me and maybe it's that we weren't paying close attention. When Pupl Fiction starts its immediately captivating, JB just wasn't like that...

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 08:41 PM
StrlitSnrise is currently offline Click here to Send StrlitSnrise a Private Message Find more posts by StrlitSnrise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

That's kind of good, though, when a movie is confusing. The first time I watched "Miller's Crossing", I didn't know what the heck was going on. Now, it's a favorite that I can watch over and over, and glean something new from it each time.

I mentioned this on a KB thread, but it's relavent to this topic so here it is: Michael Bowen, the actor who played Detective Dargus, also played Buck the nurse in Kill Bill. Yet another example of actors who appear in multiple QT films.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 11:39 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Official? blink

Anyways, I like JB simply because is all about dialogue, plot, conspiracy, theft, and also about average people. All the characters in this movie (except for Max Cherry) seem to be low lives criminals. I also like the music and the pace of the movie. It takes it's time to develop and introduce the characters. JB is simple, but also a little tricky to understand. Is base on the book Rum Punch and it keeps you into the story.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 06:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stokely

I love Jackie. I know so many ppl who think it sucked, lol but I enjoy the chase and Pam Grier.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 02:14 AM
Stokely is currently offline Click here to Send Stokely a Private Message Find more posts by Stokely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucasfilm
has a hardon

i actually think that RD is his weakest one.. JB though is the second best... PF being the first!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 03:55 AM
lucasfilm is currently offline Click here to Send lucasfilm a Private Message Find more posts by lucasfilm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MsFit

Loved it. Don't think it was weaker; maybe just not what people were expecting after PF and RD.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 01:56 PM
MsFit is currently offline Click here to Send MsFit a Private Message Find more posts by MsFit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stokely

quote:
Originally posted by MsFit
Loved it. Don't think it was weaker; maybe just not what people were expecting after PF and RD.

Agree completely.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:17 PM
Stokely is currently offline Click here to Send Stokely a Private Message Find more posts by Stokely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

the first time i watched it i didn't like it, but i think its one of those movies i need to watch a couple of times before i'll get to like it

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 06:10 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It is. When I first saw Jackie Brown, I wasnt too thrilled. I saw it in theaters and didnt see it until 8 months ago. After i saw it the second time, i grew appreciation to the movies because of the acting, the amazing dialogue and as WindDancer said, its deceptivly simple. I absoultly loved De Niro's character and the multiple exchange scene. This movie is excellent written and directed.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 06:57 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

this is the only movies of QT's that i hadn't seen so for christmas i had RD,PF and JB in a box set and i loved JB i agree with earlyer posts that it has a very good Plot and i also loved De Niro's character Smasandian.

personally i thought that Kill Bill was the worst of the 4 QT movies.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 03:56 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

its on of those movies you watch because you love the characters, even if the plot dosn't do all that much for you.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 01:55 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote