KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » When will all the epics stop?!

Should they give epics a rest for now?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 40.00%
No 6 60.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

When will all the epics stop?!
Started by: Drifter101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

When will all the epics stop?!

Late last month i did a thread on what are the best epics ever then i began to notice alot of the one suggested that there are too many epics now, i think the epic fever began in 2000 w/ gladiator, then we got the lotr films, then last samurai then troy, now king arthur, now coming is alexander, god please stop the epics for at least a few years, there are too many of them! I enjoy epics but we cant handle all these. what do you think?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 08:09 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Epics are usualy movies that are 2 1/2 hours plus in length, not necessarily of movies that date back to any particular date.

I vote no, because there hasn't really been any worth mentioning, aside from LOTR.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 08:55 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xemir

alexander, king arthur jsut off top head few coming out.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 01:43 AM
xemir is currently offline Click here to Send xemir a Private Message Find more posts by xemir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

well there are 2 alexander films for some reason, Hannibal ( Of Carthage) late 2005 or early 2006 and King Arthur, those are ones to come

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 07:35 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

What should stop is movies based on books erm
And soon is the Da Vinci code Movie coming messed

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 07:45 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

When they aren't popular anymore.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 07:49 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

I LOVE movies based on books...

cuz then I DON'T HAVE TO READ!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

oh and yeah, epics come and go in cycles like other genres, sometimes right along with the genres in favor, as in the case of all the religified or mythical epics of late... or the sci-fi epics... it's all cyclical

don't worry, when Halloween 9 and Jason 11 come out, you'll go back to bashing silly stupid horror sequels just like you're now bashing epics...

bashing too is cyclical... but its all good

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 07:56 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

sad Ooh, a lot of time then messed

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 07:57 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

quote:
Originally posted by SlickRick69
I LOVE movies based on books...

cuz then I DON'T HAVE TO READ!!!!!!!!

When there is movie based on a book, I've always tried to read the book before watching the movie... messed
But now that I see, there a lot more movies that are not based on books nowadays messed

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 07:59 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

book adaptions have been coming out alot lately as well

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 08:57 PM
fini
Hurricane stalker

oh please stop, dont people have GOOD IDEAS anymore for making box office smashes????.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 04:35 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I vote no... like cinema said, there arent many worth mentioning out of the lineup that fit the epic description

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 06:42 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

"Epic" is a word getting thrown around too loosely these days.

LOTR is epic. I ain't really say anything comes close apart from maybe Troy and Gladiator, even then I'd say they are just "summer action blockbusters" set in the past.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 07:10 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

I kind of like this "epic movie summer". There are a bunch of those types of movies coming out, but there are a ton of other great movies too. I'm looking forward to King Arthur, but i can't wait for Spiderman too. The epic burst doesn't bother me a bit..

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 03:54 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

what is everyone talking about? When were movie epics ever not consistant in the theaters? There are many epics released every year, you just don't remember them because there not worth remembering. IT is just a coencidence that we have so many popular epics at the same time, now if they were not widely accepted as good movies you wouldnt be aware that there were so many epics being pumped out

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 04:01 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Epics seems to be some of the most enjoybale and visually stunning movies around erm

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 05:20 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

What? What needs to stop are the mindless, teeny-bopper, "we can bang this script out in four days - hah!" torture-fests. In case there's any confusion as to what on earth that might actually mean, please refer to movies like Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Wrong Turn.

Thank you, and keep those "epics" coming.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 06:05 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

The Epics, in my book, are starting to get very annoying.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 06:30 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I don't mind epics, as long as they are good. I see no problem w/ 3hr movies

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 06:44 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some epics are good but some are not I am a Sock not every epic is as good as LOTR wink

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 12:36 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote