KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Aliens 1986 phrases (help me out plz)

Aliens 1986 phrases (help me out plz)
Started by: patoman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
patoman

Aliens 1986 phrases (help me out plz)

Hello guys,

I have a problem to understand some phrases in this great movie (best ever IMHO) so If someone could help me to undrestand some of them I'd be really glad.

1. Preparing the ship to fly down on the planet
38:45 Cross-locking now.
Pre-launch auto-cycle engage.
38:52 Primary couplers released.
Hit the internals.
39:08 Confirm cross-lock and drop stations secured.

2. During a fly
42:41 Terminal guidance locked in.

3. What is this weapon?
sonic electronic ballbreakers

4. During a movement of a squad
1:05:01 Tighten it up, Frost. We're getting a little thin.

Hope some of you are that big fans of Aliens as me and will help me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:46 AM
patoman is currently offline Click here to Send patoman a Private Message Find more posts by patoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

why? put the subtitles on!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 01:19 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patoman

Bad Boy that's what I did, but I'm so big fan of this movie that I'd like to understand deeply every dialog. I need an explanation of these phrases, not to see them on the screen.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 01:55 PM
patoman is currently offline Click here to Send patoman a Private Message Find more posts by patoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Umm most of that crap is just tactical military mumbo jombo. coordinates, or well just self explanitory. Just read them very slowly. I mean are you really wondering what a sonic electronic ballbreaker is? umm put it this way, it terms of Doom a "big fuc*kin gun" not be taken literally . dont sweat the small technical stuff of the flicks that make them seem military, just enjoy the story and characters. Remeber to stay frosty though, and keep an extra clip han for clotake not from vasques and hicks, keep an extra clip handy for close encounters.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Terminal guidance locked in" just means the Sulaco was either on auto pilot or was being haled by a mothership for docking.

"Sonic electronic ballbreaker" was just slang for one of their weapons, probably a sub-sonic pulsator.

"Tighten it up, Frost. We're getting a little thin." - They were breaking formation, and if anyone got stranded, they were toast.

The rest was exactly as R.R. said, just technical terms. The whole pre-launch auto-cycle deal has to do with flipping switches and the firing order of the engines.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:50 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

quote:
Originally posted by patoman
Bad Boy that's what I did, but I'm so big fan of this movie that I'd like to understand deeply every dialog. I need an explanation of these phrases, not to see them on the screen.

Ummmmm ok! Cukoo! stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:47 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

quote:

Ummmmm ok! Geeky! stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 05:47 PM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

If you're such a fan, you probably have the Special Edition DVD. And if you do, watch the Director's Commentary.

Scott clearly states that this is a bunch of mumbo jumbo, and that "it seemed convincing." .

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 08:18 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patoman

to Cinemaddiction: thank u for your explanation smile So only last 3 things that I need to understand are 'Cross lock' and especialy these two 'Primary couplers released.' and 'Hit the internals.' Are those couplers the pressure doors under the drop ship? Because Ferro said that right after the doors had opened. Next thing is 'hit the internals' bcoz after she said that she pushs some kind of button and then the drop ships starts going down to those already opened pressure doors. This is what I'd like to undrestand, the meaning of this. Also what means 'tighten it up' bcoz I haven't been able to find out the right explanation for this on the inet. Is it something like 'stay together' ?

to MC Mike: I checked my DVD and it contains only 'Interview w/ J Cameron' and no Director's Commentary. Interview contains no substantial infoz which could help me on this. sad

to ragesRemorse: thank u too. Everytime I see this movie I enjoy it as hell. When I came through all dialogs I found out that Jim Cameron did great job. Nice jokes like Hudson asked Vasqz 'Have you ever been mistaken for a man?' and Vasqz answers 'No. Have you?'. Brilliant! smile Also Jim worked hardly on how marines speek, slangs like 'shag it' or 'a$$holes and elbows' and so on, also how Gorman speaks like military tutorial. For me the memorable sentence is when Hicks said 'Let's move like we've got a purpose.' I like the deeper though of this movie like Ripley is gonna fight against her nightmare, showing the nest and sure the Queen. It's a shame the next parts were craps. And after I've seen this week the AvP movie I was terribly disappointed. Movie like this are killing the idea of Aliens serie.

Last edited by patoman on Aug 26th, 2004 at 09:34 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 09:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx

what the shit are we gonna do now, game over... game over man.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 03:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
to Cinemaddiction: thank u for your explanation smile

I checked my DVD and it contains only 'Interview w/ J Cameron' and no Director's Commentary. Interview contains no substantial infoz which could help me on this. sad

Nice jokes like Hudson asked Vasqz 'Have you ever been mistaken for a man?' and Vasqz answers 'No. Have you?'.

Anytime. Do you have the singular "Aliens: SE" DVD? Us big boys have probably got the Quadrilogy, with the Cameron commentary.

Vasquez kind of reminds me Leona in "Predator 2". Couple of ballsy chicks. Maria Conchita Alonso was kind of cute in "The Running man", though.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 04:03 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what the shit are we gonna do now, game over... game over man.

That's an awesome qoute. big grin

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 01:15 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

the only thing i didnt like about the movie was that paxtons character had to die. and plus my fav quote be when the plane crashed and billy i think said "what are gonna do now" and then the scientist said something like "why dont we build a camp fire and sing some songs"

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 01:27 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patoman

After this discussion I found out that exist Aliens SE 2 DVD, so I've just ordered it and will have it on Monday. Can't wait to see it smile

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 12:06 PM
Bad Boy
Kevski

Dude it's only a film!!!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 04:16 PM
patoman

I dunno what u wanted to say w/ this...but i didn't know that exists a version w/ such great bonus materials so if i wanna be a big boy i must have it stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 08:46 AM
patoman

It's a shame that no one answered what are these 'Primary couplers released. Hit the internals.' at 38:52. Hope someone will find the time to check the movie out and answer me.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 01:49 PM