KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Theaters

Movie Theaters
Started by: Stormy Day

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worried Movie Theaters

Anybody walk into another movie after you've seen one you paid for?

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:12 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Once or twice. I don't make a habbit of it. Too much sitting for me usually.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:13 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Nope. I'd be ashamed to be so cheap as to theatre hop.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:14 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

okkk

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:15 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

In fact, the only time I think I've ever done that is for the TCM remake. I wanted to see it so I could criticize it, but I didn't want to give them money. So, I paid for Runaway Jury,and snuck into TCM when I was done watching Jury.

Last edited by BackFire on Aug 26th, 2004 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats not exactly what im talking about,but more power to ya wink

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:17 PM
BackFire

That's exactly what you're talking about, theater hopping is what it's called. Watching one movie, then sneaking into another one.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:18 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh I thought you meant you paid for "Runaway Jury" but went into TMC.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:20 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy Day
okkk

What? You take offense to me calling theatre hoppers thieves? It's the truth.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:21 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do it most of the time just because I dont have the money

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:22 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

One time I rented a movie and watched it twice whistle

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:23 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

There are few things more satisfying then to see a bad movie for free. I would have been hugely upset had I paid for that piece of trash TCM remake, but since I saw it for free after seeing a half decent film it was bearable. I was happy that I didn't give them money they didn't deserve.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:23 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I'd suggest doing some chores, earn an allowance, or only see the movies you can actually afford to view. You can always wait for the movie to come out on video, as well.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:24 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by botankus
One time I rented a movie and watched it twice whistle

I'm telling. miffed sad roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:27 PM
BackFire

I, on the other hand completely condone and promote movie hopping. There are very few movies actually worth paying for. Especially with the constantly rising ticket prices.

If you can get away with sneaking into a movie, more power too you. If you have the patience to watch 2 movies in a row at a theater, more power to you.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:28 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Look at this way......

...sometimes a movie SUUUUUCKS so much that you want your money back. Since there are no refunds.....is perfectly fine to sneak in and watch another movie for free. Is one way to get your money back.

Yup, that's my logic. cool

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Aug 26th, 2004 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:29 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

If it's not worth paying to see, why waste your time seeing it at all? Most places, if you go to a matinee it's about $5.

I guess honesty and integrity are extinct human traits. The remorse from the possibility that my selfish desires could have gotten someone fired, or the fact I am cheating someone out of the few cents they make off of a movie would be a pretty heavy burden for me to carry around.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Aug 26th, 2004 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:31 PM
BackFire

Becuase most of the time you don't know ahead of time that it's not worth the money. You only realize that after the fact. Had I known ahead of time that I'd want my money back after veiwing AvP, The Passion, and Underworld, I never would have seen them, period.

Also, not everyone has time to go to a matinee.

Like I said, I personally don't movie hop. But I don't think it's a big deal if some people do.

Also, people don't get fired if someone sneaks into a movie theater. In fact they usually have no way of knowing, and don't actually lose any money. You wouldn't have seen the movie you're sneaking into anyways if you had to pay for it, so therefore either way they make the same amount of money.

My friend used to work in a theater and he said that he didn't care when people movie hopped, it didn't hurt them in any way.

Last edited by BackFire on Aug 26th, 2004 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:35 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I wanna try 2 to movie-hop some day.

Is it the same as bar-hopping and island-hopping?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:50 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Stealing a candy bar or a bucket of popcorn (I know it sounds dumb BUT I'm trying to make a point!) would be wrong. Sneaking into another theather in a multiplex to watch another movie it ain't wrong. No big deal! The only thing that would make it wrong is to sit in a seat in which some else paid for it. Still, since some theathers don't have assign seats in the tickets there is nothing wrong. That's all!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 09:09 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote