KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Those little Tarantino things...

Those little Tarantino things...
Started by: Yassin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Yassin
Finite

Those little Tarantino things...

An eye for details? Well,i've got some:

-Check out Elle's hands,you can notice that her finger is wounded (there's a bandage around it..or how do you call it). WELL,anybody knows why? Because the Black Mamba (snake) she purchased bit her in the finger....

-Elle never completed her Pai Mei training,that's why she uses the Tiger Krane style when she fought against the bride. (Pai Mei has the Eagle style...)

-Bill and Budd don't get along becuase they had a real huge fight in the past...because of ELLE (i think so). Budd had a thing for ELLE...and Bill just stole her awaysmile

...so anybody got more?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 06:25 PM
Yassin is currently offline Click here to Send Yassin a Private Message Find more posts by Yassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

The guy that looks like Charlie Brown, well his clothers resembled the clothes that Charlie Brown used to were and at the end, at the time of the credits these character is referred as Charlie Brown...

Esteban, Bill's stepfather is the same guy that played the Sheriff in Vol. 1

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 06:02 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleanae
The guy that looks like Charlie Brown, well his clothers resembled the clothes that Charlie Brown used to were and at the end, at the time of the credits these character is referred as Charlie Brown...

Esteban, Bill's stepfather is the same guy that played the Sheriff in Vol. 1
Pai Mei is also the the bald guy in the kato mask of the crazy 88's wink

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 06:20 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

The sherrif is the exact same as in From Dusk Till Dawn (as in not just the actor, but the character).

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 11:41 AM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

Check out the man holding O-ren's mother in a headlock (or whatever you call it). He does have the looks of the BILL we know...and his hairstyle....well i'm not making a point here..but anywayssmile

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 07:31 PM
Yassin is currently offline Click here to Send Yassin a Private Message Find more posts by Yassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronnie Van Zant
shotgun shootin REDNECK

wacko jacko

any yall think the feller that killed O-Rens dad and then kicked the cigar, started the fire, etc. etc. lookd freakishly like Wacko Jacko (michael jackson)? or is it just me

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 09:06 PM
Ronnie Van Zant is currently offline Click here to Send Ronnie Van Zant a Private Message Find more posts by Ronnie Van Zant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

[img](please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Hell no man,if you didn't notice THAT'S FREAKING BILL!!

Last edited by Yassin on Sep 7th, 2004 at 12:40 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 12:31 PM
shellspeare
postaholic

I love those little details Tarantino adds. His dialogue is fast and fresh. The music can keep you enthrawled alone But the thing that i love the most is the backdrops. The cinemaphotograthy is unique.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 08:28 PM
shellspeare is currently offline Click here to Send shellspeare a Private Message Find more posts by shellspeare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

The cinamatographer on kill bill V1&2 was Robert Richardson - whos worked with Oliver Stone and martin Scorsese.

On Dogs and PF it was Somebodyorother Secula {sp?} who I thought did a grand job but seems to have vanished...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 08:42 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Andrzej Sekula also worked on Q's segment of "Four Rooms" and has done a lot of other films since then, most notably "American Psycho".

Maybe they just didn't see eye to eye after "Four Rooms"....

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 08:57 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shellspeare
postaholic

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
The cinamatographer on kill bill V1&2 was Robert Richardson - whos worked with Oliver Stone and martin Scorsese.

Did Richardson do it for natural born killers because that too was wicked!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 09:16 AM
shellspeare is currently offline Click here to Send shellspeare a Private Message Find more posts by shellspeare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shellspeare
postaholic

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 06:39 PM
roundisfunny

Did anybody else think that Budd's midget friend resembled the trucker at the beginning of Vol. 1?

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 10:31 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by shellspeare
Did Richardson do it for natural born killers because that too was wicked!

I'm sorry i missed that question...

Yeah that was him - thats where i spotted his name first cos the cinamatography in NBC must have been a *****...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 10:35 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronnie Van Zant
shotgun shootin REDNECK

i aint seein the resemblance between bill and the anime feller

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 01:57 AM
Ronnie Van Zant is currently offline Click here to Send Ronnie Van Zant a Private Message Find more posts by Ronnie Van Zant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie Van Zant
i aint seein the resemblance between bill and the anime feller

Well,it was Bill in his younger years when he still had black hair and a sharp face...something like this

(please log in to view the image)

You see? smile

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 08:39 AM
Kaleanae

They look alike and the have the same nose, I mean, the same shape

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 01:22 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronnie Van Zant
shotgun shootin REDNECK

now i sees it

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 09:41 PM
gold watch

hi, what car was bill driving again??!! embarrasment - when he meets budd at his trailer...

believe to have read it somewhere, but can't find it. please help.

Last edited by gold watch on Dec 18th, 2004 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 08:38 PM
gold watch is currently offline Click here to Send gold watch a Private Message Find more posts by gold watch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I thought (not sure about this) that the car bill drove was the same car he drove as Frankenstein in Death Race 2000.

heres the only quote about the car from that movie I could find at the moment:

"The car in which President Frankenstein and Annie drive away in after their wedding is a Richard Oaks Nova kit-car, actually based on the Volkswagen Beetle chassis (but obviously not the body). These were available in kit form for many years starting in the mid-1970s."

Last edited by BadKitty on Dec 19th, 2004 at 04:40 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 04:38 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote