KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Fat Albert

Fat Albert
Started by: TheRankOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheRankOne
www.leetcraig.com

Fat Albert

im not much of a fan of the slapstick comedy or of the origanly show but i think that the movie will be qite interesting to see how they play it out, i see alot of celebs in this one

www.leetcraig.com

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 04:00 PM
TheRankOne is currently offline Click here to Send TheRankOne a Private Message Find more posts by TheRankOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

Have a feeling this one isn't going to do well....but I'm probably wrong.

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 04:03 PM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheRankOne
www.leetcraig.com

i agree the movie could go either way

www.leetcraig.com

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 04:08 PM
TheRankOne is currently offline Click here to Send TheRankOne a Private Message Find more posts by TheRankOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

It will probably do well, dollar-wise.
...and it will probably be pitiful, respectibility-wise.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 05:30 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by botankus

yup...people who grew up following Fat Albert will most likely storm to see it, but leave unhappy

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 06:43 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheRankOne
www.leetcraig.com

agreded
big grin

www.leetcraig.com

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 09:40 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by botankus

Yeah, it has all the potential of "Good Burger" roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

The real comedy in all this will be watching how Joel Zwick dodges the racial stereotypes of the television cartoon, and how they carry over to a movie.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Dec 16th, 2004 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 09:57 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheRankOne
www.leetcraig.com

ha ha nice Happy Dance

www.leetcraig.com

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 11:48 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm actually quite interested in this movie. Won't say anything else till I see it...

HEY HEY HEY

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 12:45 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks pretty lame, IMO. erm

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 01:34 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

"hey hey hey, im fat albert"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 01:46 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

It looks so bad, but so good

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 02:00 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The real comedy in all this will be watching how Joel Zwick dodges the racial stereotypes of the television cartoon, and how they carry over to a movie.

That is an excellent point in general. If you're going to make the movie based on the television cartoon, then make it based on the television cartoon.
Don't create a whole new environment just using the same characters!

That's what they do for many cartoons which are made into movies (i.e. have the same characters, but they play out-of-character mostly and usually end up going on some stupid trek which had nothing to do with the original television series).

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 03:10 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I can't believe they are puting out on Christmas.Who is going to see a movie on Christmas?I never liked the old cartoon of fat albert so I think I will skip this one.JM
Beside that it is a seventy show.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 03:59 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I'm sure next Christmas there will be a movie version of the Imagination Land from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood as well as a full-length Pigs in Space.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 04:52 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Who is going to see a movie on Christmas?

Jews? Agnostics? Athiests? confused

Lots of people go to the theatre on Christmas day, as they do on Thanksgiving, etc. It's one of the few times you can get the family together to do something fun.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 06:00 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

That's right. I only see my brother about three times a year and two of the times are Thanksgiving day and Christmas day, and we always (always) go to the movies that night.

This past Thanksgiving we saw Alexander, and were pretty disappointed.
This coming Christmas if he drags me to see Fat Albert well, then, let's just say I might be an only child after that.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 08:17 PM