KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Review: So Close

Review: So Close
Started by: Hypernova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hypernova

So Close

Has anyone seen this movie? Not sure why this DVD made it to our player but I liked it (Yes, the same person that likes Blade Trinity & Hannibal King roll eyes (sarcastic) ) I thought I'd introduce something that I consider not "well-known" in these boards.

Don't forget to read Mr Kim's Review

quote:
The brothers Chow Nunn and Chow Lui’s giant computer company is facing a tense crisis – a powerful computer virus is rapidly wiping out their computer network. At the last minute a cyber-friend arrives to join the battle. The mysterious “Angel.com” battles the virus and saves the company. Invited by Chow Lui for a visit in person, Angel.com arrives in the form of the beautiful Lynn (Shu Qi). But it turns out Lynn is a professional assassin with amazing high-tech and kung fu skills. She kills Chow Lui with cyanide hidden in a pair of sunglasses. She’s aided by her sister Sue (Zhao Wei), who operates the pair’s World Panorama surveillance system, which allows them to tap into any video security system in the world.

Young cop Kong Yat Hong (Karen Mok) and her partner Mark are put on the case. Hong has a brilliant mind and immediately senses she’s dealing with a killer with very special skills. Realizing they are facing a tough adversary, Lynn and Sue become fascinated with Hong as well.

Lynn runs into Yan, the cousin of an old friend who died. Lynn and Yan shared an unspoken love in the past which is now rekindled in the open, and Lynn begins to question whether she wants to continue to be an assassin.

Chow Nunn was behind his older brother’s death. He hired Angel.com to kill Lui because Lui opposed Nunn’s business plans, and also because Nunn is carrying on a secret affair with Lui’s wife. But when Hong’s investigation starts to point to Nunn, Nunn becomes worried and decides to hire Angel.com for another hit – only so he can double-cross them, wipe them out and prevent them from leading the police back to him.

Yan tells Lynn he loves her and wants to marry her. After battling an attack by robbers with her amazing martial arts skills, she tells Yan her family’s history. Her father invented the World Panorama for use by the authorities, but was turned down. Suspiciously, word of the device got out to the underworld and both parents were brutally killed in front of the girls’ eyes by criminals eager to get their hands on the invention. Bereft at the loss of their parents and disillusioned with the law, the sisters turned professional assassins, killing criminals for other criminals.

Lynn tells Sue she wants to stop their criminal life and get married – she won’t accept Chow Nunn’s order for the second killing. But Sue, angry and feeling abandoned by Lynn, decides to carry out the killing herself.

Lynn realizes what’s happening and rushes to save Sue, who doesn’t have the skills to carry out the hit. They are attacked by Chow’s men but escape.

Now the assassin and the cop must join forces – so Sue can avenge her sister’s death and Hong can prove her innocence in a spectacular confrontation at Chow Nunn’s headquarters...
www.so-close.com

Attachment: b0000u0.jpg
This has been downloaded 39 time(s).

Last edited by Hypernova on Dec 27th, 2004 at 03:06 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 02:55 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw it when it was first released, I wanted to see it because of Karen Mok(one of my favourite actresses, the third woman on the right on that dvd cover you put up) and Shu Qui. Fabulous fun movie with some fantastic scenes in. Some dodgy CGI stuff in some scenes but apart from that I really enjoyed the movie.

Finally got it on dvd a few weeks ago lol.

The car garage park scenes are great with all three of them.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 05:53 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

Yes, I liked the garage scenes too! I also liked the scene when Sue was trying to get away (car chase scenes) and Lynn was fighting for her life while trying to save her sister. I also liked the bath scenes. How cool was that? In a confined space too!

The CG could have been improved... but overall a fun movie big grin Shu Qui is so beautiful! But I think all three lead actress were good!

This was not widely released so I missed it when it came out (if it came out) but I am glad I got to watch it on DVD.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:54 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I also liked the bath scenes. How cool was that? In a confined space too!

That is one of the only scenes I would have wanted taken out, thought it was cheesy as hell between the two sisters.

It would have been interesting to go deeper into the relationship between Sue and Hong.

Did you know Karen Mok sung the theme, the song by the Carpenters, for the movie.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:43 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote