KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Clerks II

Clerks II
Started by: SlipknoT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Passion of the Clerks

Kevin Smith is making a sequel to "Clerks." Everyone from the first is taking the same parts they had. It's about the general store 10 years later. It's set to start filming in January. I'm happy about this. I just saw Clerks 3 weeks ago for the first time and I liked it. I love the title " The Passion of the Clerks."

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 01:30 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I have been a fan of Smith since Clerks, i loved his style and witty writing. Always thought he was a gifted Director and writer. I dont feel this way anymore. Maybe he can convince me otherwise with some more orginal writing and stylized movies, but it doesnt seem this is going to happen. with Clerks having a sequal i have lost nearly all fan love for this cat. He said that jay and silent Bob strike back was to mark the end of the Jersey trilogy movies and characters. It seems now he is just milking his fans to get some more recognition due to his failure of jersey girl, and his dwindeling fan base due to his announcment of upcomming films. I think a sequal to clerks is low, and says that he no longer has idea's. Hopefully i will be proven wrong, but i doubt it.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 01:50 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll still see it.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 05:16 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

kevin smith has some chutzpah if ive ever seen it, but my hats off to him at the moment. just hope its not too irreverant.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 06:33 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Is this is animated one? I heard rumours about the Clerks Animated Movie.

I loved the short-lived ABC animated show.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 06:37 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I heard before about an animated Clerks movie. There was a preview on viewaskew.com (might still be there) of it. Jay is Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader says he's his father and pulls off his mask to reveal he's Silent Bob. Then at RST, Randal asks "If a man offers you the flying car but there's a catch, would you take it." Dante refuses because he won't tell you what the catch is. "But it's the flying car!! Who cares what the catch is!!"

Seems to me that The Passion of the Clerks (I was cracking up at this title) is going to be live action. It took me by surprise because Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was supposed to be Clerks 2 but they changed the name because it wound up being more about Jay & Bob than anyone.

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was a good way to wrap up the Jersey Trilogy. I think if Kevin Smith wanted to make The Passion of the Clerks, he should've done that before J&SBSB. I'll still see it and knowing Smith's work, I'll more than likely enjoy it.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 10:20 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It seems now he is just milking his fans to get some more recognition due to his failure of jersey girl, and his dwindeling fan base due to his announcment of upcomming films.

I liked Jersey Girl erm

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 10:22 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: The Passion of the Clerks

quote:
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Kevin Smith is making a sequel to "Clerks." Everyone from the first is taking the same parts they had. It's about the general store 10 years later. It's set to start filming in January. I'm happy about this. I just saw Clerks 3 weeks ago for the first time and I liked it. I love the title " The Passion of the Clerks."

It's too bad the sequel isn't going to be called,"The Passion Of The Clerks". It's either you made that one up or someone lied and told you that. And no one knows the premise for the sequel nothing has been announced.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 10:30 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Check on the Killer Movies homepage, an article's there.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 10:45 PM
Darth Vicious

I for one will be looking forward this movie and im not too worried about Jay and Bob, hopefully like in Clerks their roles will be kept to a minimal also with this movie will see what all our favorite characters have been up to.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 11:15 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: The Passion of the Clerks

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
It's too bad the sequel isn't going to be called,"The Passion Of The Clerks". It's either you made that one up or someone lied and told you that. And no one knows the premise for the sequel nothing has been announced.
no expression ...you're joking right? Theres an Article on this very site about it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 01:58 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think this is a great idea. He needs to get back to his roots. I have faith that he won't botch this up, he's proven numerous times that he is a very gifted writer/director, I am very excited about this news.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 03:34 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah he is a great writer and a good director,but i think he eneds to try somthing new. Jersey girl was a bit of Smith pulling away from his old formula, but it just diddnt seem very confident.I cant really say anything about this movie,because i still have no idea of what it is about, but if it is just an elaboration on the original then i will have lost confidence in SMith It's just,going back to this story seems as if Smith is scared to break away from what works and try new things.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Well, he's going to be trying other new things in teh future. He's slated for the Green Hornet and Fletch Won, both of those should be interesting, seeing how different they are from his usual work.

He's still young, he's still blossuming as a director and is at the beginning of his career. He's going to have some bombs, everyone does. But, I think he'll also have numerous other hits.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would think you love the name BF

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:16 AM
BackFire

I doubt that will stay as the name, but it's funny, I guess. Although I am getting kinda sick of other sources using "The Passion" title.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx

you got a ggood point.
I mean i got faith in smith, producing some originaly entertaining movies with a new stlye, in the future. When i first heard about green hornet i was instantly exicited. It just seems that going bak to somthing that he said was over for him seem's eigther cheap or an act of indecesion. Again i dont know anything about the new clerks so i cant really say anyhting, except speculate on how it looks.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:23 AM
BackFire

Well, he's probably just giving the people what they want. Most people were very sad to hear that there would be no more Jay and Silent Bob. I think a Clerks sequel as a true finale to those two loveable characters is a great way to go, if done correctly.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 08:39 AM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

I'm actually more stoked to see the animated Clerks movie because the animated show was way beyond funny…

I doubt it will be called The passion of the Clerks by the time it hits the theatres, that’s just funny for today. Clerks - Lust for glory: now that’s a TITLE!

Here's hoping he sets himself a $28,000 budget and shoots in B&W - if noting else it would mean NO AFLECK!

In other news - anyone else tha happy owner of "an evening with Kevin Smith" - because that’s some funny poop right there.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 08:50 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is anyone here getting the "Clerks" special edition DVD?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 09:17 AM