KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Guts/Gore -VS- Violence

Violence Or Gore?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Violence 3 42.86%
Gore 0 0%
Im A Girl And Find Both Sickening 0 0%
Im A Real Man, Come Get Some!!! 4 57.14%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guts/Gore -VS- Violence
Started by: Aku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aku
Drunk

Smile Guts/Gore -VS- Violence

Is Violence the same thing as gore? I mean on the back of some dvds it has that thing which indicates wether a film contains violence, swearing and footage of an adult nature. But I can't tell between the two.

Example
----------

Dawn Of The Dead - Easily one of the most gory films of 2004. Yet it didnt bother me one bit, the gore i mean. I could have watched that at 12 years old and not felt sickened by it what-so-ever. Yet....

Romper Stomper - An Austrailien film about gangs of 'skin heads' beating up people of another race. Now although this does have abit of gore in, it was more violent. The fact that they nearlly beat 3 Asians to death in the first scene of the film and a 12 year old kid got shot in the head nearer the end. Made me feel more uncomfortable then watching dawn of the dead.

BUT WHICH DO YOU PREFFER? VIOLENT FILMS OR GORY FILMS!?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:24 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gore is nothing.

Last edited by Mane on Jan 9th, 2005 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:27 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

That means your a girl

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:29 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Violence isn't close to being the same thing as gore. Violence is well say your watching "Equilibrium" loads of people getting shot, but not much blood=violence. "Dawn of The Dead" loads of people getting shot and when they do you see there insides/blood flying out.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:35 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I respect the two elements in their popular genres. So, both.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:40 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

Guts/Gore is from the human body. Violence is just hurting one another

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 08:26 PM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzler619
Guts/Gore is from the human body. Violence is just hurting one another

True but if you were to class a film as being 'gory' then you would see these organs in the first-person and guts and gore usually comes from a violent act!

Doesnt it?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 10:19 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Either one, it doesn't matter.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 01:57 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

I would say violence is more about people getting the crap beat out of each other, gore is more about them being disembowelled in some horrific way.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 02:14 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Mane
Gore is nothing.

Blasphemy! Gore is everything!

Gore+Violence=WD very happy. big grin

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baracustastic
I aint gettin on no plane

Gore/guts are a branch on the tree of violence. There are many forms of violence, gore is just one of them, a visually powerful one at that.

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

From hence forth American football shall be known as "soccer." by me.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 07:55 PM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Yeh but take the gore from Dawn of the dead (2004) and its not very powerful. Sure it makes the film 100% better with it, but the gore say in Fist of the north star means so much more. But is it just more violent?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:54 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The DOTD remake had a very the usual Hollywood gore style. But still it was entertaining. Now Shaun of The Dead had a couple of great looking gore scenes.

Fist of the North is an awesome anime series! I love the extreme violence and gore. Is kinda like Dragonball Z.....but much more aggresive.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 03:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Violence is like fistfights and other things gore is like dawn of the dead

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 03:50 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Oh please, so a gore-resulting action like a zombie ripping a persons head off and eating their brains isn't violence?

Gore is just a word for more visceral injuries, it's not an act of violence, it's the consequence of it. Every movie creates it's own gore 'laws'. For example, if you get stabbed in the movie world of The Matrix, there'll be a little blood spot and some light gurgling. If you get stabbed in the movie world of Kill Bill, your body will expel blood like busted a fire hydrant and you'll writhe on the floor squealing like a pig.

Often, movies which use a lot of gore do so unnecessarily and it puts me off the film, but movies like From Dusk Till Dawn, the gore is 80% of the fun. But mostly, convincing violence on it's own can be a lot more disturbing than buckets of blood.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 03:57 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by Deathblow
Oh please, so a gore-resulting action like a zombie ripping a persons head off and eating their brains isn't violence?

Gore is just a word for more visceral injuries, it's not an act of violence, it's the consequence of it.

True but some horror movies have things like blood on the walls and blood comming out of elevators etc. Thats gore without violence.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 05:46 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Exploding bodies and organs laying around makes excellent gore. yes

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 07:53 PM
Aku
Drunk

Is over-the-top violence good in movies?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:39 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Absolutely! Haven't you seen John Woo's films? over the top violence and certainly most entertaining. Of course violence and gore isn't for everyone.....so it depends on your taste for films.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 07:36 PM
BlazingBarrells

I believe there is a thin line between the two. Gore can be slow and painful, and very "detailed". Violence is the up close and personal, like in Passion of the Christ. I dont consider that to be gore, yet it is slow and painful, i consider that to be violence. It all depends on what a single person believes is gore or violence. Dawn of the Dead gore fest, but 28 days later, very violent. Some might think John Woo films are gory, but to me they are violent.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 09:40 PM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote