KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » How do movies influence people?

How do movies influence people?
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

How do movies influence people?

in what ways do you think movies influence peoples lives today?

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:05 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I think that people influence movies, rather than other way around.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:13 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

It can go both ways.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:23 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

all i know is after i saw hook. i dressed like Rufio for like a month rock

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:51 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Movies influence others to become filmmakers, naturally. Conversely, people, human nature generally speaking, influence movies. If they didn't, we'd never get great movies that delve into the psyche of serial killers and the like, which I always find fascinating.

It's my observation in the Star Wars realm that the films didn't necessarily *influence* anyone, but it's "the movies we grew up with" debate for so many people, which explains their loyalty to the brand through thick and thin. However, there are a lot of great messages that could be taken from "Star Wars", aside from incest.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:34 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

It can influence imagination, make it grow

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 03:19 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

and can put silly ideas into peoples heads ..

how many vampire realated deaths in the news i have lost count...
and after finding nemo little kids shudnt be allowed them due to the the increase of goldfish being flushed down theloo

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 02:32 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Libertine
Albion on sail to arcadia

Poeple get influenced by films, because films often have a hidden message that the film maker wanted to put in the film. A great film maker can put in a message that isnt obvious but still makes the audience feel what they intended to feel.

Muse, The Libertines, the beatles and Green Day are the greatest bands in the world

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 02:45 PM
Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Movies (and music) are unfairly used as scapegoats when crimes occur along similar lines to the content.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 03:17 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MIL

Smile

I wont talk about the negative influence of films , guess we all know them.
However, If movies have some meaning & message(not just entertainment), I think it definitely gets through.
When we see some character fighting against all odds & who is a positive, compassionate human being, people do remember such heroes in their own difficult times.
I've personally felt motivated to do more positive things after I saw a movie character do so.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 03:39 PM
MIL is currently offline Click here to Send MIL a Private Message Find more posts by MIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Well I think that they make people creative,Because movies are creative and it gives you thoughts and ideas and makes you want to tell people about a certain movie.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 04:22 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote