KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Awakenings

Awakenings
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeNiro

Awakenings

I am watching this movie in psych class it has the best actor ever Robert DeNiro and then robin williams and it is about people who are canotonic that take this drug and they are all cured and it is just a great movie to watch very funny and very sad i havent even seen the ending but i love this moive plus it has robert deniro in it so that is a huge plus

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:07 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Thats one of my favourite movies. I love it. Its also extreamly depressing and had me crying for ages.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 06:58 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Awakenings

A new doctor finds himself with a ward full of comatose patients. He is disturbed by them and the fact that they have been comatose for decades with no hope of any cure. When he finds a possible chemical cure he gets permission to try it on one of them. When the first patient awakes, he is now an adult having gone into a coma in his early teens. The film then delights in the new awareness of the patients and then on the reactions of their relatives to the changes in the newly awakened.

great film i think. very underrated. bought a tear to my eye on one or two occasions, i admit stick out tongue

robin williams and robert di niro are great in there roles

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 03:33 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bksdrums

I also enjoyed this movie. De Niro did a great job playing a comatose patient. I really like when Robin Williams plays in a serious role as opposed to his usual comedic roles. He is very funny, but I just like the way he can do both very well.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 08:48 PM
bksdrums is currently offline Click here to Send bksdrums a Private Message Find more posts by bksdrums Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Merged.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 09:26 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

good film

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 12:04 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

I just looked at this thread after not seeing it for a year and I didnt even know what movie awakening was intill I read what I wrote, lol

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:24 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

cant believe how underrated this film is

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 11:21 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote