KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Alexander vs Troy

Alexander vs Troy
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

Alexander vs Troy

Which movie did you think was better?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 09:41 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Losty
Renegade of funk

alexander was utter shit

myspace.com/lostymc

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 09:50 AM
Losty is currently offline Click here to Send Losty a Private Message Find more posts by Losty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

i dont know erm

havent seen troy - but Alexander was - even though Collin Farrel's legs were nicely shaven

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 09:51 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

i havent seen Alexander but anyway I love Troy so..meh

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 10:11 AM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snipes
Number 1

Troy, Alexander was hard to sit through, but i didnt wanna just through away my 10 bucks.

good thing the choc top was nice, otherwise it would of been a bad experience.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 11:11 AM
Snipes is currently offline Click here to Send Snipes a Private Message Find more posts by Snipes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hehe well except for the horrible casting in both movies Collin Farrel and Angelina Jolie in Alexander, Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt in Troy. I think Alexander was way way way better than Troy, I don't see why people dislike it that much.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 11:15 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

lol i know the cast sucked ass... there were bad things from both movies...

in troy: all the achilles's butt scenes... wtf was up with that? laughing out loud

alexander: the battles sucked... i didnt like the way they fought them... though the last one wa great with the elephants eek!

but Id say Troy was better...

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 11:33 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

THey both sucked big time.I do'nt care for either of them.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 12:21 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

NOw I didn't go to see Alexander to see battles, most epic movies suck at portraying battles, altho the last one with the elephants was a nice one.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 12:46 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

lol it was indeed

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 01:14 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

The battle scenes in Alexander were amazing, and they leave the ones in Troy standing. Bloody, dusty, confused, chaotic, brutal, frantic, HUGE- this is the depiction of ancient warfare I have been waiting for! I think the battle of Gaugamela was even better than the battle of Pelinor fields in ROTK, and I thought THAT was spectacular, but Gaugamela just felt so much more REAL.

And Colin Farrell does battle rage better than anyone I've ever seen! The part where he was riding through the forest in the battle against the elephants, cutting down men with such swift and exultant brutality, I myself wanted to take up a sword and fight for him, which made me understand and appreciate the loyalty he commanded from his troops better than at any other point in the film.

My only complaint about the battles is that there were not enough of them- the film only showed two battles out of a campaign of 13 years. But I was happy with what they did show, and if they had spread the budget more thinly, giving us more battles but making them less impressive, I would have felt cheated anyway.

Overall I enjoyed it more than Troy- I thought the acting was good, the chemistry between the characters was good, the sets and costumes were not only beautiful they were also more accurate than in Troy, and I think on the whole more thought was put into historical accuracy I even got used to the accents after a while, and having Irish Greeks didnt really bother me. I was able to enjoy Alexander as a film, and although it has been pretty badly panned in the UK press, I dont think it was a bad film at all. I'd give it a solid 7.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 01:15 PM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

btw is it true that alexander was gay? not in the movie i mean in real life

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 01:37 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

what Troy was the best movie in 04!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 01:57 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

Alexander was more on the psychlogicall side than Troy and the acting was OK...well, I enjoyed it.

The gay thing was a bit off,but, oh well, nothing is perfect.

The fight with the elephants was utterly cool! Did you know that when they shot it, the horse-Ducipal-attacked the elephant for real--it bit its leg---then they had to hold back the elephant....

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 02:30 PM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Neither of them were outstanding but Alexander.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 02:41 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gay wasn't a word then, it was natural in those times apparently for men to feel close to men in the same way they were with women.

Nothing wrong if he did anyway...

I believe Alexander did have relations with men, but more with women.

It is believed he took part in pederasty.

as for the films, I prefered Alexander over Troy, even though both films were horribly miscast.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 04:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

What you mean miscast???

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 05:42 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Norma Jean
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gladiator. big grin

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 05:55 PM
Norma Jean is currently offline Click here to Send Norma Jean a Private Message Find more posts by Norma Jean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Troy was much better in my opinion.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 06:01 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dgeniu

Yeah, it`s a known fact that men in those times were like that--but it bothered me a bit... I preffer the 'normally oriented' heroes, so to say. Anyway, Alexander, overall, is a pretty awesome pic--it stays true to the historical facts and does a marvelous job with the sets.

Alex is way better than Troy.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 06:13 PM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote