KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best individual scene from an actress

Best individual scene from an actress
Started by: botankus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Best individual scene from an actress

Alright, some of these threads are getting a bit worn, so I thought I'd throw one out for you.

What, in your opinion, is the best INDIVIDUAL scene from an actress?

Alot of scenes come to mind, like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction when she tells Michael Douglas that she's pregnant. Also, Mira Sorvino in Summer of Sam on the way back from the orgy. And another one, Drew Barrymore in the opening scene of Scream.

Just kidding on that last one, folks.

My personal favorite is Jodie Foster in The Accused when she confronts Kelly McGillis at her home when she's trying to host a dinner party. That scene showcases probably the most 100.0% realistic and believable performance in cinema history. In case you didn't know, Foster won Best Actress for that role in 1988.

Let me hear your scenes, and if Eliza Dushku is in any one of them, your post will explode.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 06:51 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

the sex scene of angelina jolie in ORIGINAL SIN.. just kidding

Sarah connor's(linda hamilton) scene in TERMINATOR 2 when she shoots the t1000 and she is short of the last bullet that could have sent t1000 into the molten lava. that scene was damn awesome

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 06:53 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Oooh, boy. Never really think of scenes such as this.

1) Ingrid Bergman in "Casablanca" when she can't bring herself to shoot Humphrey Bogart. Standing there, gun trembling, crying. Solid, solid drama.

2) Angelina Jolie's breakdown in "Girl, Interrupted" during the girls breakout.

3) Natalie Portman in "Garden State", when she encourages Zach Braff to make his own moment in her bedroom. Her character was just really special, and the whole scene was just indie gold.

4) Angela Lansbury in "The Manchurian Candidate" (1962). Pick a scene, man. She was the epitome of evil in the entire movie.

5) Linda Hamilton in "T2", cocking a shotgun with one arm. That was just straight up bad-ass, and provided some of best "girl power" moments ever on screen.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 07:05 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Good one on #1, Cory.

I thought of a few others.

When Talia Shire finally "breaks out" of her mold in Rocky.
When Whoopi Goldberg discovers the unsent letters in The Color Purple.
Shirley Maclaine in Terms of Endearment when she's taken out to dinner by Jack Nicholson.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 07:26 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by botankus
Good one on #1, Cory.

So much so, it was re-created in "The Naked Gun". Hey, what the hell.

6) Priscilla Presley in "The Naked Gun" when she's under the hypnosis of one Ricardo Montelban during the "Must..Kill..Frank..Drebin" scene in the walkway of Anaheim Stadium, when she can't bring herself to shoot Leslie Nielsen. Standing there, gun trembling, crying. Solid, solid drama.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 07:32 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

LOL at that above this post.

As far as goofball comedies go, For Liar, Liar, I'd put Maura Tierney on that short list for when she's getting Jim Carrey's car out of the lot on the list.

On a personal side note, I think her hair in Liar, Liar is the best I've ever seen, but let's not retract from the thread subject.

Another one: Cher in Mask when she's confronted by Sam Elliott for the last time about her pill habit.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 07:39 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Sarah connor's(linda hamilton) scene in TERMINATOR 2 when she shoots the t1000 and she is short of the last bullet that could have sent t1000 into the molten lava. that scene was damn awesome

Great scenes.

I love the part in Terminator 2 where Sarah Connor goes to kill Miles Dyson(think that is the guys name) and she is just about to kill him she realises she can't go through with it. Emotion on her face is fantastic.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 01:10 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

^ yes she's a legendary female character,sarah connor

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 07:42 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

sucks, aucks and sucks they all sucks best scene ever was byactress Paris Hilton in inside Paris
and dont give me that B.S. she isnt an actor ive seen simple life

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 09:03 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Sissy Spacek in two or three scenes in Carrie, definately. Especially when she's explaining to her mother that she's a "woman."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 06:06 PM
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Most of them are R rated

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 06:26 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stokely

Uma in Kill Bill when she wakes up from the coma to find her baby gone.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:35 PM
Stokely is currently offline Click here to Send Stokely a Private Message Find more posts by Stokely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

naomi watts in "21 grams"...brilliant in the entire film

susan saradon in dead man walking...the scene just before senn penn is taken to be excecuted

meryl streep in sophie's choice...when the nazi soldier forces her to choose which one of her young children is to be taken away and killed and which one she gets to keep...one of the strongest scenes ever in film history...magnificent

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:42 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

The blowup between Diane Keaton and Al Pacino in Godfather II. Both were superb in one of the more intense moments I've seen watching a movie.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:00 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIZZA WARRIOR

I see from some of the comments here that there are some of you who respect good vintage cinema, so once I give this some more thought, I will be back.

However, I should begin by mentioning the last movie I saw in a theatre, and the best performace in it by an actress.

The movie was "Sideways", and while her performance could have been more substantial, Virginia Madsen's monologue about 'wine and life' was good enough for an Oscar nomination.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:38 PM
PIZZA WARRIOR is currently offline Click here to Send PIZZA WARRIOR a Private Message Find more posts by PIZZA WARRIOR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stokely

Rena Owen in "Once Were Warriors" - the entire film.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 12:51 AM
Stokely is currently offline Click here to Send Stokely a Private Message Find more posts by Stokely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Individual scene? Don't know but I like most of the scenes with Diane Keaton in Scarface and Charlize Theron in Monster.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 02:51 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Kathy Bates in Misery, shes bloody amazing, showing someone slip from emotional extreme to another seamlessly, awsome acting through the whole movie.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 12:09 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I think the movie "One flew over the cookoo nest" with the nurse saying about changing the schule that part rocks.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 12:20 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Diane keaton wasnt on scarface.

I will put some of them: almost all the scenes with bette davies in all about eve.
Katherine herburn in almost all her movies.
Ingrid bergman in casablanca
Vivien leigh in gone with the wind and an streecard named desiree
and lot more.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 04:36 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote